goon

6 Hours of Spa

10 posts in this topic

HI all,

I've just finished the 6 Hours of Spa in LMP-1 as part of the WEC season. What a superb experience. I drove every minute, pausing over night. Not sure if I can do this again, as even in the pause menu the PC keeps rendering its little heart out, leaving the GPU sitting at 70C for hours on end. Anyway, it was unbelievably exciting, I dropped from pole to 4th or 5th for some reason, and fought my way back up to win by just over a minute. Chasing other LMPs through the traffic is just so exciting, and the AI does a fairly good job for the most part. 

So much fun, I'm depserately hoping SMS are able to implement a save during the race feature to enable some more full length endurance races without leaving the PC on all the time.

The perils of traffic. Got botteld up behind this LMP-2 and had to tap the brakes, which caught me out and sent me in to the wall. Limped back to the pits crabbing sideways, but repaired and back out in 3rd.

I love getting in to traffic in pCars. I call this move The Reverse Zonta (see Spa F1 2000).

Bit of a scare with 25 minutes to go. Not sure if I had to make a splash and dash before the end I was pushing very hard to open up a gap to second so I would have enough time. I'm lucky the race didn't end here, and toned it down for the rest of the run to the flag. (I guess those fins do their job, the car didn't take off ;) )

Le Mans next, I need to work out how much driving time I can squeeze in to a weekend before I start.

Slight misunderstanding didn´t realise it was singleplayer.

damn dude, fair play and well done! looks awesome!

There doesn't seem to be coming any possibility to save mid-race. It is said to be difficult and time consuming to implement and not prioritized.  

Could do 6H spa and save races in GTR. Btw can only write message on mobile cant do it on desktop with Explorer,  chrome or firefox

There doesn't seem to be coming any possibility to save mid-race. It is said to be difficult and time consuming to implement and not prioritized.  

It is apparently on the list to be investigated. Save during pit stop the most likely solution. I'd say it's a massive own goal if it does not become a feature.  

Is there an option of AI co-driver?

There is Piotr, not sure how far I trust them with several hours of unsaved race progress though!