F19_CoNa

If VR is not your thing....

F19_CoNa   

then go 270 instead.

poor driving skills, but sweeet setup.

I do want that...and VR. wink

nhill40   

Wow, sweet setup!!!

I might be in the minority (?), but I would take the 270 setup over VR, personally. When I first got into sim racing, I messed around with using my TrackIR and I found it extremely disorienting - being able to "look to apex" was nice, but for me it was more than canceled out by how hard it was to hone in on reference points throughout the track.

Granted, an Oculus Rift is in a whole different league than the TrackIR, but I could easily imagine the Rift inducing the same kind of disorientation.

Oqvist   

DPI is maybe the biggest issue with both setups. Not easy finding brake markers. I love my 50" tv but it sure wouldn´t hurt if it was 4K even if I already have it almost 2 metres away. Eye fatigue is absolutely zero with it can be a issue with to large monitors also up close. I tried having it on the cockpit but got nausea and stiff neck after some days.

As for TrackIR you can disable axis and add deadzones so when you sit normally in the cockpit TrackIR don´t alter the view and still being able to see more blind apexes or look left and right. My TrackIR has gone bad though some loose wires I suspect.

yeah, for racing, I disable all movement axes, and only enable the axis to look left/right.

for flight sims its a different animal, being able to look up and overshould is key.