Sign in to follow this  
Darren_Blythe

So You Think You're Fast? AC Hotlap Challenge: RUF @ Solitude 64

full-19230-51132-full_19230_49230_untitl

AC has an official in game app for comparing times with your Steam friends, so time to have a little fun!

You have 7 days to post your best time and see how you compare.

The next Challenge is:

Challenges > Hotlap: RUF CTR Yellowbird @ Solitude 1964 V1.3 (Addon Track, see below for download details)

full-19230-51431-capture2.png

Prerequisites

Download

Solitude 1964 Version 1.3 by neelj and rainmaker (if you are using an earlier version you will need to update)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d1jaraewtpbxis5/solitude1964.rar?dl=0

To install extract the archive to your AC track directory (usually found in C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks)

Game Settings

Launcher settings for ABS and TC must be set to FACTORY.

(once on track you can change the settings if the car allows it)

Stability OFF, Fuel ON

Penalties must be enabled

Before you can start posting laps you need to do two things (if you haven't already)

1. Activate the in game Friends Leaderbord. To do this, take to the track and move your mouse to the right hand edge of the screen to activate the apps sidebar. From here select the Friends Leaderboard (it's near the bottom)

full-19230-51130-full_19230_48487_ac_cha

You should then see a leaderboard similar to this. You can drag it round to a suitable position.

full-19230-51131-full_19230_48488_ac_cha

Once the app is active it will log your laps and list those of your Steam Friends.

2. In order to get an accurate set of comparison of times you will need to add people to your friends list. You should be able to find all of us at the SimHQ Motorsports Steam Group. Just send out friend invites to those taking part and when they accept you can see their times on your leaderboard.

I have most people already, but if you want to enter, please add me as a friend first (if you haven't already), then post a time. I'll periodically post my leaderboard in the following post so you can all see who you need to befriend. Hopefully after a short while we'll all be bosom buddies. cheers

Have Fun!!!

The challenge is open immediately and will expire exactly 7 days from the time of this post. smile

I am still having nightmare dreams about Lotus and the Ring. And now we are back in 60s, back in West Germany, and back in another 'widows maker' car fearful

I tried that machine couple of times and gave up on any hopes to ever tame it. I am curiuos what proper hands can do with it. This week will give some answers thumbsup

This combo somehow reminds me of playing Test Drive II many moons ago. Good memories smile

Looking forward to laying down some laps but this car doesn't like me at all.

Never driven this track in any of its previous incarnations. I foresee many big accidents.

Driven this once in a Cobra for one of the B&P races a while back. It's a long track, but nowhere near as hard to memorise as the Nords. The RUF however is a car I drove a couple of times when it was first released, but it didn't really grab me. Time to learn it...

Ok don't run this car for longer than about 30 minutes, 45 tops on any given day on this track or you're going to use strong language like I did.

If you're new to this long track, my advice: use any of the F1 mods available (McLaren MP4-13, Williams FW31, FF1 2015) first, or any other high downforce fast car because with these you can run many more laps in a small amount of time to help you remember the track. The F1s are easy to keep on the road. Once you know the track only then switch to the Yellowturd. Had I done that I would have saved myself a ton of time.

F1 mods:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ff1-2015.4941/ (Apr 19, 2015)

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/fc1-2009-williams-fw31.5799/ (Apr 17, 2015)

http://www.virtuasimulazioni.com/mclaren-mp4-13-released-for-assetto-corsa/ (Apr 25, 2015)

I managed to drop my laptime to 3;50.xxx last evening.

The hardest thing for me is to make her stop whe she runs screaming thrugh that big straight with left kinks. I begged, I prayed, I cursed*, I almost ripped my wheel off when pulling it towards my chest in desperation... just to stop her... And I ended half of my laps there, in more or less spectacular fashion.

*actually cursing in German helps a bit, this is the language she understands wink

I'd brake early and a more gently, you will lose almost no time that way, and it's just not worth the risk. The time lost (maybe 0.25 at most) pales in comparison to what you can make up by doing something else a little better in this car. Braking late is the last thing on the list for shaving off time, so why risk it at that corner...just get to the correct speed for corner entry.

Failing that, try:

Gelbes Drecksack!

If that doesn't work, try:

Gelbe Drecksack!

Gelben Drecksack!

Gelbem Drecksack!

Gelber Drecksack!

Because they made everything complicated for no good reason. How an adjective ends depends on the word that follows and if it's considered masculine, feminine, neuter, or plural. In similar fashion, they have 6 words for "the" and also lots of different forms of "a" and "an". In any one case, only one is (or tends to be?) correct. It's a nightmare for a non native speaker.

http://german.about.com/library/blcase_sum.htm

http://german.about.com/library/weekly/aa030298.htm

http://german.about.com/library/weekly/aa033098.htm

Emotions, inflections and explanations neaner

English is simpler until you start using the words with more than one meaning... This saves those confusions...

Think this car is emphasising my need for a better wheel. Higher rotation and more accurate feedback needed for this one, but especially higher rotation, 270 is ok with formula cars, but with this it is a real handicap. Now I just need the Sim Fairy to drop £300 under my pillow tonight.

I think the best strategy for this combination is to brake enough to slam into the walls without destroying your car.

Found some extra time, turned tyre noise down thanks to a suggestion in another thread, which helped immensly and found that my brake gamma was nowhere near 1 for some reason, so I corrected that as well. This somehow turned her from a psyco killer into well, maybe just a pysco, enough to be able to look for better lines rather than just trying to survive. Had more time in the bag as well, at least 2 more seconds.

I really like these weekly challenges, each car/track combo has something to teach reading

This challenge has now closed. Congrats to Piotr - seems he's the man to beat this week wink

Thanks to everyone who participated. Next challenge up in a couple of mins.

Damn, I was too busy dealing with another Porsche... I forgot about this one... Might have to have some fun with this combo anyway now that I have some targets neaner