Sign in to follow this  
Darren_Blythe

So You Think You're Fast? AC Hotlap Challenge: Lotus 49 @ Nordschleife Tourist

full-19230-51132-full_19230_49230_untitl

I'm very pleased to announce that throughout the month of May the AC hotlap challenge will be making a return. smile

AC has an official in game app for comparing times with your Steam friends, so time to have a little fun!

You have 7 days to post your best time and see how you compare.

The next Challenge is:

Challenges > Hotlap: Lotus Type 49 @ Nordschleife Tourist (Part of the dreampack DLC)

full-19230-51275-ac.png

Prerequisites

Game Settings

Launcher settings for ABS and TC must be set to FACTORY.

Penalties must be enabled

Before you can start posting laps you need to do two things (if you haven't already)

1. Activate the in game Friends Leaderbord. To do this, take to the track and move your mouse to the right hand edge of the screen to activate the apps sidebar. From here select the Friends Leaderboard (it's near the bottom)

full-19230-51130-full_19230_48487_ac_cha

You should then see a leaderboard similar to this. You can drag it round to a suitable position.

full-19230-51131-full_19230_48488_ac_cha

Once the app is active it will log your laps and list those of your Steam Friends.

2. In order to get an accurate set of comparison of times you will need to add people to your friends list. You should be able to find all of us at the SimHQ Motorsports Steam Group. Just send out friend invites to those taking part and when they accept you can see their times on your leaderboard.

I have most people already, but if you want to enter, please add me as a friend first (if you haven't already), then post a time. I'll periodically post my leaderboard in the following post so you can all see who you need to befriend. Hopefully after a short while we'll all be bosom buddies. cheers

Have Fun!!!

The challenge is open immediately and will expire exactly 7 days from the time of this post. smile

I forgot how good this car is, it was the first car I drove in early access, and the one that got me hooked. Sounds better than ever I think.

piotr what in the world are you taking cos i damn well want some!! hell of a lap! i cant drive this thing for toffee

Just dropped my alcohol consumption... bottleswink

You guys made me fire up AC to check my settings. And I am indeed at no assists.

Did 10 laps. PB was set on 7. After that I was crashing, so I guess I found my limits.

Time for bed now. Hope this pace will still be there tomorrow dizzy

Fun challenge, nice times.

Where does the lap timer start and stop on this version of Nordschleife Tourist?

It starts at the first bridge after the car park exit and ends at the bridge before the car park entrance (which is quite a bit before). So the lap doesn't time a fairly significant portion of the straight. There's also barriers forcing you back into the car park each lap which is a pita.

Made a bit of an improvement but still 26 seconds off. You guys must be on drugs.

"Speed?" To have driven the real thing around that track must have been terrifying, The Green Hell indeed..

Four bottles of Modelo Especial (crappy generic Mexican stuff, may as well have been Corona) while out for dinner with friends. Not sure whether that's considered performance enhancing but I can provide a back-dated prescription from my GP if necessary.

After reading the comments above I checked assists and it turned out I had auto throttle blip enabled. Was worried turning it off might make down-shifting into corners much more difficult but it wasn't the case, only missed out on a new PB by 0.08 despite much diminished concentration by then.

It starts at the first bridge after the car park exit and ends at the bridge before the car park entrance (which is quite a bit before). So the lap doesn't time a fairly significant portion of the straight. There's also barriers forcing you back into the car park each lap which is a pita.

Cool, and I agree about the PITA barrier, I did a couple of laps last night which ended in me crashing into that barrier at the end of the lap, and it didn't record a laptime for me, just a sector time, maybe it was because of the crash at the end.

Fun challenge, I hadn't driven the Lotus in a long time, I added a bunch of you guys as friends on Steam so we can share laptimes.

The good thing about the barrier is that there are no flying laps, so even that first lap from the pits will be good. Nice if you don't have much time to drive but want to try a lap.

I liked this combo when i tried it back in march. Hopefully I'll be on the board when I'm back in town.

Five pints on any empty stomach laptime: 7:04.

Might try completely sober tonight, will be very concerned if I don't improve.

Maybe i need to get drunk. bottles

This is a must. This to scary to be done without some level of intoxication cool

Spent about 45mins trying to get another lap in, couldn't make one clean lap. I was only drinking tea though. I'll have to try shandy for my next session, see if things improve confused

Good bit of sparring with Ben's times this evening. It's getting tough at the top.

Reckon someone will manage <6:50 by the time this closes, but I dunno if it'll be me.

Nice lap times everyone. 6:5x!!!... I haven't touched it since Monday night when I set my 7:02. Stressed the hell out of me, but exciting at the same time. Will give it another go this weekend to see if I can break the 7 minute mark. Not even going to worry about sub-6:50!

Slapped together this little video of my lap. 60fps, 4 camera angles simultaneously. Can definitely see areas where I can improve.

I am terribly sorry Brun neaner and every body else

6.46:896 fearful

Bloody hell, that's amazingly fast. Congratulations!

I might manage another stab at it over the weekend but finding five seconds seems very improbable. Will happily settle for second unless someone comes along and buggers that up.

Thanks guys, I was only hoping for a 6.49 lap so it came as a surprise to me, considering some of the mistakes I made. Video posted in the screenshots thread.