Sign in to follow this  
Darren_Blythe

So You Think You're Fast? AC Hotlap Challenge: P4/5 Competizione @ Donington GP

full-19230-51132-full_19230_49230_untitl

I'm very pleased to announce that throughout the month of May the AC hotlap challenge will be making a return. smile

AC has an official in game app for comparing times with your Steam friends, so time to have a little fun!

You have 7 days to post your best time and see how you compare.

The next Challenge is:

Challenges > Hotlap: Ferrari P4/5 Competizione @ Donington GP V1.1 (Addon Track, see below for download details)

full-19230-51226-capture.png

Prerequisites

Download

Donington Park 1.1 by Brun (if you are using an earlier version you will need to update)

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/donington-park.3031/

To install extract the files to your AC track directory (eg. C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks)

Game Settings

Launcher settings for ABS and TC must be set to FACTORY.

Penalties must be enabled

Before you can start posting laps you need to do two things (if you haven't already)

1. Activate the in game Friends Leaderbord. To do this, take to the track and move your mouse to the right hand edge of the screen to activate the apps sidebar. From here select the Friends Leaderboard (it's near the bottom)

full-19230-51130-full_19230_48487_ac_cha

You should then see a leaderboard similar to this. You can drag it round to a suitable position.

full-19230-51131-full_19230_48488_ac_cha

Once the app is active it will log your laps and list those of your Steam Friends.

2. In order to get an accurate set of comparison of times you will need to add people to your friends list. You should be able to find all of us at the SimHQ Motorsports Steam Group. Just send out friend invites to those taking part and when they accept you can see their times on your leaderboard.

I have most people already, but if you want to enter, please add me as a friend first (if you haven't already), then post a time. I'll periodically post my leaderboard in the following post so you can all see who you need to befriend. Hopefully after a short while we'll all be bosom buddies. cheers

Have Fun!!!

The challenge is open immediately and will expire exactly 7 days from the time of this post. smile

That's a lovely version of the track you've put together Brun, I didn't get to try this one the last time this one came around(Or did I,maybe I misremember). It feels familiar, I remember racing this on TOCA(definitely) and Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix(I think). Anyway this is a nice fun combo, I've put in some wheel time today because I doubt I will get another chance before Sunday at the earliest cuss

Ooh, just seen this. I'd better find time to give it a crack although reinstalling 1.1 will be a shame considering the nice new track textures I've got here smile

This one's pretty fun...although I have some work to do to re-familiarize myself with the tight corners. Took me about 10 tries to complete a lap without a penalty, but finally got a 36 out of it. I know where I was slow so this should be fun.

cheers

**Oh, and nice track Brun!**

Damn, I think I'm really lucky to be at <1:33 . Can't seem to get below that number again. I'll be out the rest of the week+, but checking in to see some more awesome times. Can anyone shatter 1:30?

Have fun yall!

piggy

Sure, I'll do it in few mins. Sorry, not getting much time on my pc this week.

EDIT: There you go. Looks like i need to pull my socks up!

Damn, I think I'm really lucky to be at <1:33 . Can't seem to get below that number again. I'll be out the rest of the week+, but checking in to see some more awesome times. Can anyone shatter 1:30?

Have fun yall!

piggy

Know what you mean, I have hit a wall with my time too, I need to rethink a couple of corners perhaps, Piotr seems to think that there's another 1 and a half seconds to gain. I'm not currently sure if I believe him screwy

Piotr seems to think that there's another 1 and a half seconds to gain. I'm not currently sure if I believe him screwy

cool

I came home early today as I am packing for leaving town untill end of weekend. Did not have replays saved from previous attempts so I just did a few short runs 45 minutes ago. Here is the replay of best 3 laps run

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ort4m05gw36fhhk/Piotr_p4-5_2011%40doningtonpark-gp_20150514170844?dl=0

Second lap in run is 1:30,7xx and third is 1:30,5xx

I am playing with track limits 3 times in my lap, but nothing you would find illegal I think. driving

You will also notice that I was far from limit in some corners, and I really suck in last two corners, so there is below 30 possible with my own driving, if I just put all corners together. SimHQ's Aliens would take another second from it I guess.

I can think of a couple of places where a bit of cutting might help, the chicane I guess is one. On the other hand there is on one of the uphill right handers a harsh penalty for running just a smidge too wide, there is a bit of curb there and it looks like it should be ok to use it but it's caught me out a few times.

Thanks for the replays as well I'll check them out when I get back from work cheers

Getting closer. I might find another .5 sec at a push, but beating Piotr's 1:30.532 will take some doing. That's a hell of a time to beat thumbsup

Final leaderboard posted.

Wow. Looks like you guys have been busy. biggrin

Those 29's are impressive. Congrats to Brun - i guess we can let you have that one :P

Running a bit late this week. Next challenge will be posted later today.

winkngrin

If someone had bettered my time between last night and this morning I would've been rather cross.

Dunno what it is about some combinations of car and track that make such a difference to relative times between people. Mugello in the F1 GTR I really struggled despite putting a lot of laps in. H-shifter admittedly made it much more difficult, but even using the paddles I was miles off the pace. I certainly don't think being responsible for creating this made any difference, I might have driven round it a lot but most of those laps were with the controller and more preoccupation with polygons and pixels that actual driving.