Sign in to follow this  
Darren_Blythe

So You Think You're Fast? AC Hotlap Challenge: F1 GTR @ Mugello

full-19230-51132-full_19230_49230_untitl

I'm very pleased to announce that throughout the month of May the AC hotlap challenge will be making a return.

AC has an official in game app for comparing times with your Steam friends, so time to have a little fun!

You have 7 days to post your best time and see how you compare.

The next Challenge is:

Challenges > Hotlap: Mclaren F1 GTR @ Mugello

full-19230-51129-capture.png

Prerequisites

Game Settings

Launcher settings for ABS and TC must be set to FACTORY.

Penalties must be enabled

Before you can start posting laps you need to do two things (if you haven't already)

1. Activate the in game Friends Leaderbord. To do this, take to the track and move your mouse to the right hand edge of the screen to activate the apps sidebar. From here select the Friends Leaderboard (it's near the bottom)

full-19230-51130-full_19230_48487_ac_cha

You should then see a leaderboard similar to this. You can drag it round to a suitable position.

full-19230-51131-full_19230_48488_ac_cha

Once the app is active it will log your laps and list those of your Steam Friends.

2. In order to get an accurate set of comparison of times you will need to add people to your friends list. You should be able to find all of us at the SimHQ Motorsports Steam Group. Just send out friend invites to those taking part and when they accept you can see their times on your leaderboard.

I have most people already, but if you want to enter, please add me as a friend first (if you haven't already), then post a time. I'll periodically post my leaderboard in the following post so you can all see who you need to befriend. Hopefully after a short while we'll all be bosom buddies. cheers

Have Fun!!!

The challenge is open immediately and will expire exactly 7 days from the time of this post. :)

Reserved for leaderboard. Updated periodically.

full-19230-51149-capture.png

Well, I don't think I'm that fast...but I'm happy as hell that as of this posting I'm faster than Pumbaa! biggrin

6.5 months of driving nothing but a flight line "bread truck" and some sort of weird manual little Toyota van once...I still have some quickness, even though it's still early and took me about 6 laps for one to finally count (damned penalties for touching the grass), and another 5-6 laps to get that timed one...lol.

driving

Yo it was a joke... I know I'm a little too Frankie sometimes, but come on you should know by now... lol

Now to find that second neaner

I love this car, probably my favourite out of the whole lot.

2.5 seconds is a huge gap, I'm assuming (and hoping!) those at the top of the board aren't H-shifting? I tried it without but despite initial impressions that it might be up to 2 seconds a lap faster, it just feels wrong. smile

Still, this seems like a good opportunity to practice my braking technique and heel+toe.

Nah, it's all paddle, even if the best feeling is to go with H-shifter.

was waiting for DB to pick up the challange, but Brun seems to be there instead.

0.01 , that is a close shave , need to get some more laps in it seems like.

DB was there and then dissapeared I think. I think he may have pressed 'reset' which removes you from the board.

This car is an absolute hoot, how much are they?

2.5 seconds is a huge gap, I'm assuming (and hoping!) those at the top of the board aren't H-shifting? I tried it without but despite initial impressions that it might be up to 2 seconds a lap faster, it just feels wrong. smile

Still, this seems like a good opportunity to practice my braking technique and heel+toe.

I've done all my laps heel+toe with the H-shifter - I'm assuming paddles + auto clutch would be quicker?

Originally Posted By: Brun

I've done all my laps heel+toe with the H-shifter - I'm assuming paddles + auto clutch would be quicker?

Kunos has nerfed the paddles + auto clutch by making the shift timings extra slow.

Originally Posted By: nhill40
Originally Posted By: Brun

Kunos has nerfed the paddles + auto clutch by making the shift timings extra slow.

Ah, good to know - thanks. I know not that long ago there was no penalty.

Oh boy... This is not an easy car to push hard.

I don't think I can get quicker than that.

full-19196-51156-pn_mugello.jpg

id give it a go, but i dont have a h shifter and if they have nerfed it then i see no point lol, DB you spend way too much time on this it seems :P decimating the times

Actually I did that time with the paddles & manual clutch - but i didn't physically use the clutch, just rev matching. It kinda kills the engine but just about holds together for a few hotlaps.

Actually I did that time with the paddles & manual clutch - but i didn't physically use the clutch, just rev matching. It kinda kills the engine but just about holds together for a few hotlaps.

Same here.

Final leaderboard posted. Congratulations to me biggrin

I've always been quick at Mugello and this car seemed to like me. I doubt i'll be as lucky next time. biggrin

Thanks to everyone who posted a time. Next challenge will be up in a few mins.

Great laptime, DB!

I really tried hard to break into 53s. To the point that I inhured musles in my left hand, when squizzing fingers so hard on wheel rim through Arrabiatas.

I saw it number of times in delta meter that I had sector times to put it togerher into 53, but I never did. Few times I really cursed badly when I was loosing all in last corner banghead

Edit: It would be good to return with this combo for B&P races. So all that practice work is not wasted hehe