Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Panther

4 Monitors on single GPU?

14 posts in this topic

I've a single EVGA 980SC and I'm adding triples soon, so long 40" TV you've served me well. What I can't figure out, will my single gpu support a fourth monitor. Did some googling but I only yielded results for someone who wants four for stock trading. I believe video games are a little more power extensive than stock trades. Lol

Why the fourth monitor? Telemetry software is my leading reasons to why I would like to add another monitor. I've heard several have issue alt tabbing out of triples in a few game titles. So alt tabbing to view the telemetry may not be idea.

I'm not against adding another gpu I just want to know before wasting time setting it all up. Would rather have everything ready with little down time.

ETA: Found where it mentions on the GeForce page that 4 displays are doable. Now to see what I must do to make sure it is painless.

I think zim2323 is running a similar setup. Try pinging him.

SLI x 2 or 3 cards, right?

She's got my old monitors Doug.

Depends on the card. Looks like you have a GTX 980, so yes, it should be fine. I ran 4 monitors on my older Titan before buying a second cheap video card to run that off of. I'd use the 3 display ports for triples, and one of the left over DVI or HDMI ports for your 4th monitor.

Thanks. Now the fun begins. winkngrin

Up and running. I'm disappointed that I didn't switch to triples much sooner.

thumbsup getting that extra width is an eye opener winkngrin

Now let's see what happens when we move on to VR sets.

It's expensive to be on top....

Up and running. I'm disappointed that I didn't switch to triples much sooner.

Same here. Got this done a couple of weeks ago and the result is, well... eye opening!

Awesome! Your setup just gets better and better. I'd to use a 4th monitor for teamspeak and a timing & scoring program, if one exists.

I ran 4 screens from one 7970 just fine...

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10203971358234112&set=vb.1527387319&type=3&theater

I actually run 5 now (as of April)(with Xfire On, and iRacing Stays Above 120Fps), 3 Main view + 2 underneath for data... Moved the Tach/RPM and stuff to Android device (DashMeterPro).

As the Gauge software I was running was causing FPS Issues.

I planned to Go 5 Screen Portrait, but OculusVR Consumer is due out soon.

What I would want is an option to use a tablet or at least a monitor as rear view mirror. Having the rear view mirror when you try to focus well ahead on the next corner is tough for the eyes with two focus points frown. I run mostly virtual mirrors because with my fov I can´t use the real ones.

Occulus VR with 3D and a more natural 3d perspective hopefully fixes this. But I am still worried about resolution and input lag of it. 3x50" would be stellar but I don´t have room for it.

Input lag on VR sets is probably the least you need to worry about, as it is one of the most important things to manage with VR it self.

Resolution is another matter though.

iRacing is one of the latest simracers that don't have hard hardware requirements.

doing similar on AC or PCARS is a different matter.