Sign in to follow this  
MCUSA

SimXperience Accuforce Pro

I use a DD servo wheel and I reckon no matter what the wheel rim on a dd servo gloves are a welcome addition.

They are quite different to any other wheel. You will love the extra forces it can deliver but your hands will really like those extra forces more while wearing gloves.

MCUSA   
It took two weeks to mount it?

Yes, it took two weeks to receive the angled brackets that I had to spend an extra $60 on to mount it since my Obutto doesn't have an angle-adjustable wheel mount. Nice to know that when you post a photo of a wheel you worked your butt off to get the money for that all someone cares about is how long it took to get it mounted grrr .

Oqvist   
Originally Posted By: Oqvist
It took two weeks to mount it?

Yes, it took two weeks to receive the angled brackets that I had to spend an extra $60 on to mount it since my Obutto doesn't have an angle-adjustable wheel mount. Nice to know that when you post a photo of a wheel you worked your butt off to get the money for that all someone cares about is how long it took to get it mounted grrr .

You´re welcome biggrin

I am sure it don´t disappoint and make you laugh hysterically whenever you try your old wheel again.

MCUSA   
How is it? The silence is deafening smile

Still fine-tuning it, so many settings to go through and haven't gotten it working satisfactorily yet for rFactor. On the bright side, sold my Accuforce wheel which gave me room to get a 300mm leather wheel for $68.50 shipped from a British Ebay seller. Was trying the 350mm Momo and it feels a bit on the big side for me for anything but stock cars.

zim2323   

FYI...

There's quite a bit of talk that through the process of taking the wheel apart, Barry weekend several points that caused the flex that was reported. SimXperience has reached out to Barry in order to get these issues corrected. Most individual will never take the wheel apart, and it was never intended to be. The wheel was designed to support someone lifting themselves out of a driver seat. Most AF owners have reported that they do not have the flex in the wheel that Barry did.

Oqvist   

Looked like his entire rig was flexing too. But the rim itself wonder why they put that on. my 80 GBP 320 mm rim has no such flex. Not my 365 mm MOMO Classic either of course but that is a bit more expensive of course.

MCUSA   
FYI...

There's quite a bit of talk that through the process of taking the wheel apart, Barry weekend several points that caused the flex that was reported. SimXperience has reached out to Barry in order to get these issues corrected. Most individual will never take the wheel apart, and it was never intended to be. The wheel was designed to support someone lifting themselves out of a driver seat. Most AF owners have reported that they do not have the flex in the wheel that Barry did.

My suede wheel seemed fine as well and I haven't heard any complaints from the person I sold it to, weird!!!

Oqvist   

Here is Barrys reply.

Quote:

Barry Rowland said

Hey guys! Glad everyone is having such a good time with my review! LOL!

Now I normally don't respond much to comments on my my reviews in these

forums. But I guess I need to try and clear some things up about the

flex in the wheel assembly you see it this video.

Firstly, the video of the wheels flex was taken before anything was disassembled.

I have a process in place for conducting reviews. I will always install and

test any piece of hardware I get for review before anything else is done to

it. I do for a couple of reasons.

One is to try the hardware and make sure it is functioning as designed. As

I may have to make a warranty claim if is not. And I won't have a warranty

if I disassemble it first. The next is I use the time to test framing, and lighting

on the subject of the review. Make any of the changes I need and take

notes to use when shooting driving footage.

So, what you see in the review is the wheel straight out of the box.

Just because I publish a video in a certain sequence, does not

mean that's how each piece was shot. The magic of editing is

a great thing.

Even so, the idea that I somehow missed something to cause the flex

myself is highly unlikely, as I would have had to continuously missed

something every time I took it apart and put it back together. And, you can

see from the video, the section of the assembly where the flex is occurring

the most, is arguably the least complicated. There are only 6 bolts holding the

the whole thing together. Each with a spacer, washer, and lock washer.

3 bolts for the button pod and 3 bolts for the steering wheel. Hard to make

a mistake here guys.

When I push in and out on the wheels rim on opposing sides the steel in

the wheel spokes and rim will flex, once the range of that flex movement

breaks the plane of the spacers supporting the 3 bolts holding the rim

to the QR, if pushes against the pod and causing it to flex also.

I was thinking if you guys have this wheel, or any wheel for that matter,

and have a decent video camera, you could conduct your own test by

shooting some video from the side angle and see what you get. One thing

is for sure, the flex in hand doesn't seem as bad as the video shows it.

Maybe because the perspectives of you actually sitting in your seat and

flexing the wheel, and then actually watching it on video are

so different.

Really guys, I have no dog in this fight. I am lucky enough to be in the

position to try whichever wheel I want. If I don't like it, I just sell it on. My only

concern is how I am going to convey what I find, accurately and truthfully, to

folks who want to watch my video's. I don't have sponsors, and

don't give endorsements. I won't even let YouTube run ads on my videos.

I do this mostly out of my own curiosity, and make the videos so like minded folks

can see it too. So if you see something on one of my video's you can rest assured

it is for real. I have no reason to do it any other way.

Right, so I hope this helps you guys understand how this flex was discovered

and covered. Really, this review is about the whole package that the

Accuforce brings to the table. A very good package indeed, especially at

this price point. Not just one small bit on wheel flex. Ok, maybe I didn't

cover enough on the software, but hey! I'm a hardware guy! I might see

what I can do on the upcoming comparison video currently under production.

But the SC4 program has so many features. It would make for a very long

video. I think it would be done better justice by the SimXperience developer

team doing a detailed video on all the SC4 features and what each one does.

They know it better than anyone else ever will.

Cheers!

zim2323   

Thanks Oqvist! Great post by Barry. I really like his in depth reviews, and this post makes me appreciate more the position he is in. Glad he was able to clear some things up.

MCUSA   

Another update - did a VHR Aero 88 series race tonight at Watkins Glen - my first ever road race with this thing and my third with this wheel. Struggled a bit for pace but ended up with track position, led 27 out of 40 laps and held on for dear life despite worn out tires to get my first win with this thing biggrin . I haven't posted a lot because I'm still trying to get it feeling satisfactory but 3 races, 3 top 10 finishes, so far so good.. Curious how it will be in AC, Project CARS, Dirt Rally and other sims...

MCUSA   

Well, got a final update but unfortunately it isn't what most people will want to hear. I sold my Accuforce and just shipped it to a certain Mr. Chris Miller this morning. Why? For one, the USB controller priority was set to the lowest setting which meant that for ISI-based sims (which I mostly run), I couldn't use any button boxes. The other reason, I was never able to get it configured so it would feel right. I was able to get it configured somewhat okay in rFactor and won a couple of races with it (and a $100 cash prize in another league that I'm in), but in Assetto Corsa, Project CARS, rFactor 2 and basically everything else the wheel would stay stiff and basically be undriveable. The good news? I got a huge wad of cash and Mr. Miller's T500RS steering wheel as a part of the deal boingwhoohoo .

One thing I want to say - this wheel in no way is a BAD steering wheel, it just did not suit my needs as it was even more complicated than what I had figured it would be to configure it and to me wasn't worth the eventual results. Is it worth it to someone that will take the extra time to get it working right? Yes. Was it worth the money to me? No.

Oqvist   

Hope you didn´t loose to much in the sale. What is the issue with the button boxes. Do they have rotary functions you can´t use or can´t you use them at all with the accuforce connected? You never have similar issues with the T500RS?

I will probably have to go the OSW route due to import costs hope it won´t have similar driver issues.

MCUSA   
Hope you didn´t loose to much in the sale. What is the issue with the button boxes. Do they have rotary functions you can´t use or can´t you use them at all with the accuforce connected? You never have similar issues with the T500RS?

I will probably have to go the OSW route due to import costs hope it won´t have similar driver issues.

The issue was related controller priority - I couldn't use them at all if the Accuforce was connected because the wheel would always take the last possible controller position. In gMotor2 games, which are the ones I primarily play, only 3 controllers are permitted before the use of JoyToKey is required and I did not want to set 32 button box functions to my keyboard after having seen a fellow driver try once to set a yellow during a race, hit neutral by accident, and then blow his engine trying to get the car back in gear duh .

zim2323   

Thanks Marc!

Received the AF wheel this week and got it all setup last night. The thing is amazing. What's really cool is that with all the configuration options I was able to make it feel EXACTLY like my T500 did, but with all the advantages/quickness of a direct drive wheel. I purposely picked a couple cars/tracks where I knew I was loose. Where I was unable to correct spins before, I had enough warning with the feel of the FFB that I was able to correct the car before it got too out of shape.

The reviews are dead on about only experiencing it first hand really allows someone to understand fully what is capable of doing. So far, I really like the wheel and it's adjustability. I saved my T500 like settings to the controller, so if I have an old game that it doesn't directly support, it works just like my T500 did as well.

Very appreciative to Marc for the sale. I'm looking forward to this being my sim racing staple for many years to come!

MCUSA   
Thanks Marc!

Received the AF wheel this week and got it all setup last night. The thing is amazing. What's really cool is that with all the configuration options I was able to make it feel EXACTLY like my T500 did, but with all the advantages/quickness of a direct drive wheel. I purposely picked a couple cars/tracks where I knew I was loose. Where I was unable to correct spins before, I had enough warning with the feel of the FFB that I was able to correct the car before it got too out of shape.

The reviews are dead on about only experiencing it first hand really allows someone to understand fully what is capable of doing. So far, I really like the wheel and it's adjustability. I saved my T500 like settings to the controller, so if I have an old game that it doesn't directly support, it works just like my T500 did as well.

Very appreciative to Marc for the sale. I'm looking forward to this being my sim racing staple for many years to come!

Anytime, this sale helped me be able to get a new PC (and triple screens which I will get within a month or two) much sooner than I would have otherwise. I'm still not sure why I had so much trouble with getting sims configured on the Accuforce but I'm looking forward to getting your T500RS Chris, already have designs on getting the 280 mm leather rim and a Ricmotech G27 pedal adapter for it smile.

zim2323   

Packed it up last night and shipping it out today at noon. Sad to see it go. Really wanted to keep it for my Son to use, but needed the extra loot for now to make the AF happen. Sorry Son! LOL

Took my time watching all the tutorials and familiarizing myself with the software to configure the AF and got this thing dialed in really nice! I'll have to get an updated pic of the cockpit setup soon. Working on getting the office clean. Tore it apart getting the new pedals and wheel setup on the Obutto. Still some work to do on the ECCI pedals, as I don't have the proper length on the pedal plate to work with them adjusted all the way back on the brackets front/rear. I'm working with John at ECCI to get a custom plate and brackets made to accommodate my needs.

Panther   

Excuse the bump, just a little excited. Been a long anxious wait but received that shipping notice for the ACCU Force. Now the next few days are going to be so slow, can't wait. Really hope I won't be let down.

Oqvist   

Nice! Have no doubt you will be satisfied. If everything goes spot on just a month before I join the directdrive club.