Sign in to follow this  
MCUSA

SimXperience Accuforce Pro

Panther   

Going to wait this one out, they're already sold out of the first batch and the next batch won't be ready until March-April.

MCUSA   
Going to wait this one out, they're already sold out of the first batch and the next batch won't be ready until March-April.

I almost bought one on the first batch but then thought about it a bit and got it this morning.

F19_CoNa   

To be honest, I'm amazed that the hardware that we are using now is at this professional quality, and even more amazed that it is sold out that quickly.

10 years ago it would probably not be many that would pay the amounts we are willing to give now for the best equipment.

It just shows how far the sport has come so far and an indication on where we are going.

When will the general audience start virtual racing instead of real racing, probably when Bernie&co has finally killed the real sport.

Hopefully not during my generation, but wait and see, it's not that far fetched.

I wonder when it will be possible to get one of these monster wheels over to Europe.

The shipment and tax here will probably double the price unfortunatly.

Premium Suede steering wheel? How the hell are you going to clean that? biggrin

That thing looks awesome Marc ... nice buy.

Those carbon fiber paddles look great too.

MCUSA   

Thanks, actually I'm open to suggestions for cheap/good suede gloves if anyone has any recommendations?

Oqvist   
Originally Posted By: Linebacker

Thanks, actually I'm open to suggestions for cheap/good suede gloves if anyone has any recommendations?

Congratulations hope it live up to the hype!

Suede gloves may have the same problem as suede wheels wear down fast but you will sure get the grip early on.

I don´t know what gloves is suitable for your accuforce beast I recon my experiments with montage gloves, golf gloves and runner gloves may not be entirely up to the task for that one.

I currently run this http://www.autoorb.com/-omp-tazio-leather-driving-gloves-s-small-for-classic-car/images.esellerpro.com*2489*I*177*466*IB747gallerypic.JPG/

However as they have open fingers perhaps the hand sweat will still find the way to interact with the suede. I believe they will last for as long you want to keep them for sanitary reasons smile

They are not uncomfortable for endurance racing though they are certainly wet after a 3h pass. I generally run without them just for that little bit more feel.

My suede rim is so worn down my old momo classic with it´s leather has more grip where I grip it. Think it took less then half a year with no glove use most of the time to get all hard and slippery. Not really a problem with the torque I have to deal with though but yes it may be worth sacrificing some feel if you want the grip to last longer.

MCUSA   
Originally Posted By: MCUSA
Originally Posted By: Linebacker

Congratulations hope it live up to the hype!

Suede gloves may have the same problem as suede wheels wear down fast but you will sure get the grip early on.

I don´t know what gloves is suitable for your accuforce beast I recon my experiments with montage gloves, golf gloves and runner gloves may not be entirely up to the task for that one.

I currently run this http://www.autoorb.com/-omp-tazio-leather-driving-gloves-s-small-for-classic-car/images.esellerpro.com*2489*I*177*466*IB747gallerypic.JPG/

However as they have open fingers perhaps the hand sweat will still find the way to interact with the suede. I believe they will last for as long you want to keep them for sanitary reasons smile

They are not uncomfortable for endurance racing though they are certainly wet after a 3h pass. I generally run without them just for that little bit more feel.

My suede rim is so worn down my old momo classic with it´s leather has more grip where I grip it. Think it took less then half a year with no glove use most of the time to get all hard and slippery. Not really a problem with the torque I have to deal with though but yes it may be worth sacrificing some feel if you want the grip to last longer.

Thanks! Does the leather grip well with the suede at all or not really? Those gloves look very, VERY nice. Found them on Ebay too for a shade under $30!

Oqvist   

I get the same grip pretty much as using my bare hands so yes it work alright. They have just the right vintage feel and ventilated as much as possible smile

One montage glove I tried is like sand paper on the grip side that give grip but I never used it because I would assume it would wear the rim down even faster.

zim2323   

Congrats Marc! Make sure you give us a review of this. I'd love to get this and a set of the sim pedals that Panther got.

If you do a review, can you cover what your feelings are on the maintenance side of these? For that money, I'd like to know how easy it is to get parts, if things are easy to get to and clean, etc.

MCUSA   

Thanks Oqvist, CamBurr!! And Chris, CMS Racing has asked me to do a review so I'll definitely do what I can to cover that area even though I am not necessarily mechanically minded.

Oqvist   

If I would get one I would want it to hold up at least 20 years with just some regular greasing maybe change a power supply or two smile

MCUSA   
Originally Posted By: MCUSA
After saving all of my hard-earned money from work and whatnot, I just pre-ordered myself the SimXperience Accuforce Pro!!!

http://www.isrtv.com/pc-racing/simxperience-accuforce-pro-is-available-for-purchase/

biggrinboing

Awesome!! Can you order one for me, too??? LOL

Do you know when you are going to receive your AF? Please keep us in the loop about your new wheel!

I'm in the second batch which means March-April, I would order you one but this one pretty much made me broke lol neaner

MCUSA   

LATEST UPDATE! To substitute for the suede wheel (which I may or may not sell after my Accuforce arrives), I got one of these biggrin

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321635198176?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

For anyone that wants something similar but a bit cheaper, I found out that the Italvolanti Imola R that the seller also has 2 of available retailed for hundreds of dollars back in the 90s and still would easily go for $150 or more these days but are only $25 before shipping on here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321635274813?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321635227114?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Nice call Marc. I really don't know why high end wheels persist in using suede or alacantara. I know it's realistic but really doesn't hold up well in a sim racing environment. I don't like having to wear gloves so the fabric just ends up turning into a gunky mess after a few months of use. Furthermore it makes resale much more difficult when it's all worn down and looks terrible.

I have a leather momo rim (similar to that one but slightly smaller in diameter) that i've retro fitted to every wheel i've had. It's been driven to death and still looks as good as new. It'll certainly be getting fitted to my Accuforce when i decide to pull the trigger. You should definitely pick one up.

Oqvist   

Hmm I believe I have that rim. In my case the 365 mm rim Momo Classic? I did pay a bit more then 25$ but didn´t feel robbed. I don´t have the hardware to really run it though frown

MCUSA   

When you were meaning that you didn't have the hardware to run it, are you meaning in terms of buttons and paddles? Because Sam Maxwell Customs DOES have T500RS plates for those that already have wheels they want to use like yourself - I'm sure if you reached him he could do one for a TX although I don't know how much shipping would be to Sweden..

http://www.sammaxwellcustoms.com/options_with_pricing.php

Oqvist   

I just mean that my TX and T500RS is to weak which is particularly noticable on bigger and/or heavier rims smile

One thing I liked with the T500RS is that while you lost some torque you also felt less of the internal mechanisms so it felt much smoother.

MCUSA   

Ahh. Man, I've heard from others that the T500RS is very strong but I never thought that a heavier rim would have such an effect on that wheel though in particular..

Oqvist   

Well everything is relative biggrin. If you don´t mind clipping you can sure get quite heavy steering with it and you get some respect for the wheel when crashing into barriers. TX lack a bit of torque in comparison to the T500RS which is quite noticable on the MOMO rim.

There is more weight out on a wider diameter which make it a bit harder for the ffb motor to change direction quickly. Plus the greater leverage you get with a larger rim mean you can handle more forces. But it clips way to early even on my lightish 280 mm italia rim. Need at least 5x the torque if not more I imagine.

MCUSA   
Well everything is relative biggrin. If you don´t mind clipping you can sure get quite heavy steering with it and you get some respect for the wheel when crashing into barriers. TX lack a bit of torque in comparison to the T500RS which is quite noticable on the MOMO rim.

There is more weight out on a wider diameter which make it a bit harder for the ffb motor to change direction quickly. Plus the greater leverage you get with a larger rim mean you can handle more forces. But it clips way to early even on my lightish 280 mm italia rim. Need at least 5x the torque if not more I imagine.

Bummer frown

I've been running a custom maxwell with my own momo on the T500 for a couple of years. It's bloody brilliant. Feels better than any wheel i've ever used (although not had my hands on the Accuforce yet :P)

MCUSA   

Latest update, MY MOMO ARRIVED! I did the classic bend test to make sure it was the real deal (

) and sure enough it is the real thing whoohoo . 6 days shipping though from Malaysia (which the seller paid for)? PRICELESS boing