GTSANTIF1

Project CARS screenshots and vid thread.

F19_CoNa   

Oh, that is a nice one Darren. thumbsup

NS at night...and rain! That's stepping up the difficulty level a couple of notches.

Must try it out, it will not be much of a video as I will probably not make a lap without putting it into the armco.

driving

F19_CoNa   

Had to do some rain testing (no night yet) to see if the GPU could manage with drops, and that was OK.

Last time I tried with the AMD GPU, it was just too low fps.

Will do some racing with AI in the ran later on as that will add the sprey also.

Fingers crossed it will cope with it. This is an Nvidia optimized titel for shure.

The R8 has a great howl.

Is that a sign of things to come??

Will have to see how pCARS is working for me sometime soon... It's been a few months...

popcorn

I generally live under a rock so I’ve never touched pCARS. Looks BLOODY GORGEOUS!

+1

The graphics are certainly gorgeous! I hope the physics and FFB are in the area of other sims.

F19_CoNa   
Is that a sign of things to come??

Will have to see how pCARS is working for me sometime soon... It's been a few months...

Just having fun to see how things work with PC by now , skinning as example.

There will be a tips and trick on PC soon....but yes, there will be a league too.

It' not only gorgeous, FFB and physics work very well now. I'm impressed.

Some issues and bugs remain, so I'm not complaining that they are postponing to fix that before release.

Rather have a good start with a well polished product.

I'm open for some online races anytime just let me know and I will arrange it.

Had to do some rain testing (no night yet) to see if the GPU could manage with drops, and that was OK.

Last time I tried with the AMD GPU, it was just too low fps.

Will do some racing with AI in the ran later on as that will add the sprey also.

Fingers crossed it will cope with it. This is an Nvidia optimized titel for shure.

The R8 has a great howl.

I'm testing rain as well on Brands, 24 GT4 cars and accel time and rain. On an AMD R9 290. But I have 40-ish fps at the start and 60-90 as the race progresses.

Running GFX settings stock out of the box. When the darkness fell it was epic.

I have a O/C i5 and a O/C Gigabyte R9 290 running @ 2560*1080 single monitor.

The only thing that's bothering me is that the vipers still don't work in replays, other than that it's really, really good.

The feature list is almost the same as rF2. It also have the LeMans 24H license driving

F19_CoNa   

Yes, we already have enough cars to setup a full diverse LM field, with LMP1, LMP2 and GT3s, out of the box.

Looking forward, we will hopefully see more cars and tracks with DLC to come.

AC definately set a new standard with the "low cost/high content" ratio of the dream pack.

Hope SMS will follow that trend.

That is quite good fps for not being Nvidia.

PC is very much optimized towards their GPUs.

Yeah I'd love to see a full on SCES pCARS style... Has all we need, has similar physics to rF2 under the hood, has nearly all the cars, has night and rain effects and flags..

But that'd probably have to wait a little while after it's been released so there are numbers for driver swap races..

I was just going to give a quick 20 minute run before my appointment today, but alas there's a new update... So I'll give it a try later tonight... I do seem to have already picked up 2 DLC's somehow... "Limited edition upgrade" and "Digital pre-order extra"... I hadn't noticed them until today, perhaps part of the package I originally purchased or perhaps something for me to test before the release... Not sure..

Did a test on LeMans last evening, 56 LMPs accel weather and time. 20 laps. 10X accel and that was not fun at all.

But with some tweaks lowering a ton of stuff I got it to be ok. Still looks a lot better than rF2/iracing

F19_CoNa   

That looks like the Aston that was hit by a Ferrari in the ELMS race @silverstone today.

Hmm, mecanical fault..are you really sure wink

I think I see a spot on the roof that does not have any scratches winkngrin

nhill40   

Good grief I can't believe how good it looks!

I showed my son a screenie the other day and he had to ask me if it was real or not.

Yeah it has that part of the immersion factor down pretty well... You start seeing rain drops on your windscreen, you lose a little bit of grip, you see more drops on the window so you use the wipers, it wipes a clean path but gets covered over again as you lose even more grip, although it gets pretty damned slippy it isn't an ice rink until you break traction or touch the grass... So you see and feel what is going on pretty damned well which really adds to the am I there factor... And then you have a crash, yep that was a light pole...