Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brun

Donington Park WIP

60 posts in this topic

Been attempting to do something useful with my trade skills...

I love Donington! One of my favorites.

Great stuff. Donington is my 'local', looking forward to it.

Looking good...

Hopefully we can scare everyone through the Craner curves in the 98T soon driving

Excellent work Brun. Can't wait to get my hands on this. Thanks for sharing. thumbsup

Looks great, cant wait to turn some laps when you get it ready!

This is now available for download. See my post on the official forums, or grab it directly from here.

Would be great to try mulitiplayer at some point, even if it's just a quick test after one of the Sunday events.

Well done.

However, when I watch a replay with camera 5 (broadcast) the sky is black like the sky texture is missing. It only occurs with that camera for some reason.

I mentioned the dodgy sky in replays in the release notes over on KS. Can't figure out what's causing it, but I figured cameras are something other people can edit so someone might come up with a fix.

Thanks for all the hard work and keeping us in the loop Brun. Most of us here appreciate the sheer amount of work that goes into creating sim content. We salute you for bringing us a quality scratch build of one of the UKs best circuits.

Really looking forward to giving this a try later. Assuming there's no technical issues (which I'm sure there won't be) then i'd love to use it on Sunday. yep

I've been wanting to test mod content online and this is a perfect opportunity. Which cars would you recommend?

Most of us here appreciate the sheer amount of work that goes into creating sim content. We salute you for bringing us a quality scratch build of one of the UKs best circuits.

very, very +1

Thanks gents!

I set up a quick server last night which seemed to work fine (with only me on it, mind). Someone on the KS forums had posted saying they'd had problems but it turned out to be on their end.

The DTM E30 might be a good option for Sunday, but I'm happy to go with any other suggestions.

Hopefully have some improvements by then as well. It'd been pointed out that start of the gradient up to Coppice is a bit abrupt, which should be easy enough to sort out. Really pleased that was the only criticism of the topology considering all the elevation changes.

I was hoping to get the changes done to the track either tonight or tomorrow. Since it's the only change to the track that was suggested I'd like it to get it out there quickly.

It's a relatively small download, I'd have thought people would have plenty of opportunity to download the new version before Sunday?

The download will be available from our server - but i don't want to change versions after it's already posted. The problem is that AC has no integrity checks with regard to people running different versions of tracks. You can bet your life if there are two different versions floating around then it'll happen.

I'll hold off for today. If you can get it done by tomorrow eve that'll be OK. smile

That sounds reasonable enough.

Quick heads up that some people seem to be having problems running a server in pickup mode. I was gonna investigate tonight or tomorrow and see if I can figure out what's going on. If that affects the way the SimHQ server is run we might have to delay it anyway.

Hopefully it's just teething problems, but I'm a bit out of my depth here so it could take a bit of figuring out smile

OK, it seems latest info is that it does work in pickup mode with up to 15 slots. There seems to be something between 15 and 18 players which is causing problems.

I don't think that would be a problem for us really. The chances of us getting 15+ are pretty small. We're not promoting these events at all.

1.01 is now available. Made that suggested change on the approach to Coppice, and removed the camber of the kerb on the outside of Redgate.

Download here or mirror.

These are the last changes I'll publish before Sunday unless anything critical comes up.

I couldn't replicate the problems starting a server, even if the number of clients exceeded the pit spaces. Fingers crossed we won't run into any such issues.