Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MCUSA

Closest I can get to Panther's Racing Home

26 posts in this topic

Finally got my SimRacnWheels SRW-S1 adapter and mounted my SimRaceway wheel to my G27 smile. No extra gauges or external tach, but I think that there's everything but the kitchen sink right now on my rig driving

full-33454-49615-photo_1.jpg

full-33454-49616-photo_2.jpg

Needs more buttons. Hehe. winkngrin

A few changes have been made since my article, I use the GT wheel now instead of the formula rim. (Grew tired of waiting on a NASCAR rim, then the NASCAR was released and I was disappointed anyway.) Currently waiting for some parts to mount a GT shifter, and patiently awaiting the arrival of the MPPC Sim Pedals. Once that is all done, new pictures will be done. Also at some point I want to go triple screens too.

Funny thing, this week I was informed that my pit made it onto a top 12 best computer setups list.

http://www.dorkly.com/post/65039/the-best-gaming-setups

A few changes have been made since my article, I use the GT wheel now instead of the formula rim. (Grew tired of waiting on a NASCAR rim, then the NASCAR was released and I was disappointed anyway.) Currently waiting for some parts to mount a GT shifter, and patiently awaiting the arrival of the MPPC Sim Pedals. Once that is all done, new pictures will be done. Also at some point I want to go triple screens too.

Funny thing, this week I was informed that my pit made it onto a top 12 best computer setups list.

NICE! Did you order the Main Performance PC Pedals with the Hydraulic Upgrade by chance? Also, here's a sequential shifter that looks like it'll be very good (messaged the seller and he'll do custom parts if you wanted plus it comes with a mounting clamp) if you are interested:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sequential-shift...=item2a3ff07cbf

As far as the GT wheel, how do you like it vs. the Formula? I don't really move my hands Mark Martin/Jeff Burton/Dale Earnhardt Jr.-style like in this video but have heard it works for others:

Very cool Steph! Update the article to Part 2 after the new bits arrive?

If anyone didn't see the write-up, it's here:

http://simhqmotorsports.com/panthers-racing-home/

NICE! Did you order the Main Performance PC Pedals with the Hydraulic Upgrade by chance?

As far as the GT wheel, how do you like it vs. the Formula? I don't really move my hands Mark Martin/Jeff Burton/Dale Earnhardt Jr.-style like in this video but have heard it works for others:

900 degrees, wheel settings maxed on FFB but tweaked inside iRacing. That setting is around 3.0 - 5.8 depending on the car. Grip could have been an issue, however I would always loosen the grip on straights.

If you have a 'death grip' on the wheel, that could cause some of those effects that you were mentioning.

Not sure I would consider it a death grip but I do believe its a firm and too much at times. That's why I said I try to make an conscience effort to relax it on the straights. Some tracks I can relax the entire distance of the race, there are others where I'm constantly on the wheel in concentration and that's when I know I'm not relaxing the grip. It's usually when I'm in a tight battle, or the handling isn't idea for the track. However with that said I haven't had any issues since going with the BMW wheel.

Might as well hold off on 3 Screens for either Oculus Rift or One Large 4K Screen.

Might as well hold off on 3 Screens for either Oculus Rift or One Large 4K Screen.

No thanks to either.

Originally Posted By: SkateZilla

No thanks to either.

Have you considered TrackIR? That's probably the solution I'll end up using at some point..

Originally Posted By: Panther

No thanks to either.

Have you considered TrackIR? That's probably the solution I'll end up using at some point..

I use TrackIR, works wonderful.

Nice, sorry for the lack of clarification, I was meaning the one you have to mount to your headphones or a hat - almost everyone I know has had the standard TrackClip or TrackClip Pro break on them.

I've used the standard clip from day one. I'm a fan of wireless headsets so a wired clip does no good.

No thanks to either.

I understand No to Oculus Rift, as it would make all the extra Gauges and Info Screens useless,

But a 4K Big Screen, I know a lot of people that moved to large 4K panels instead of 5x1 Portrait/3x1 Landscape, and Like it.

i know im sort of dragging this post up from the past, but could you guys possibly provide any links where i could grab some of these switch panels and gauges etc that you both use, im in the process of a huge overhaul of my sim cockpit, (building the frame from scratch so its fully personalised to my height and everything) and if its worth getting things like triple screens or one huge screen, TrackIR and the like :)

i know im sort of dragging this post up from the past, but could you guys possibly provide any links where i could grab some of these switch panels and gauges etc that you both use, im in the process of a huge overhaul of my sim cockpit, (building the frame from scratch so its fully personalised to my height and everything) and if its worth getting things like triple screens or one huge screen, TrackIR and the like :)

Go triples! I had the large 40" with TIR, and I enjoyed it and it worked. However I went triples and OH MY! Huge difference between the two, highly recommend going triples over large screen and TIR.

Oh awesome! thank you! I have 3 screens already but havent set them up as i was seriously considering what direction to go in, this clears that up with ease!

Cona thanks for the links man, very much appreciated!

I still use my TIR with my triples too.

How about VR? Think about that before investing in displays and what not :)

I've always been a fan of the TIR, and if its good enough for Panther i think im going to use it :) Not sure about VR i did however give it some serious consideration, but with my rig setup, i think triples will work very well, just purely because of how its all set out. BUT i do have a secondary rig made out of spare parts, nowhere near as good but its my rfactor 1 rig so i can experiment with that... i just long to have even half the setup both Panther and MCUSA have got!! would love that!

NICE! Did you order the Main Performance PC Pedals with the Hydraulic Upgrade by chance? Also, here's a sequential shifter that looks like it'll be very good (messaged the seller and he'll do custom parts if you wanted plus it comes with a mounting clamp) if you are interested:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sequential-shift...=item2a3ff07cbf

That is some weird steering technique do they get more leverage doing that?