Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShadowRecon

Picture of your racing setup?

170 posts in this topic

full-3257-50333-rig.thumb.jpg.31edcdc7a8

A year ago this image above showed my latest addition with the MPPC Sim Pedals. Fast forward to a year later and I know have three new additions. I went to three monitors and ditched the single 40" LCD. The SRH button boxes will be replacing the three other boxes I used. The boxes were custom designed to fit my temperature gauges. The other additions is the AccuForce Steering.

Once I fully kick the bilateral ear infection, I'll do some much better pictures, and will wrap up an article on the SRH hardware, and one other article where I got to play with some awesome toys.

56aef57d64def_2016-01-1200.14.08.thumb.j

The rebuilds never seem to stop do they ;). There is always something new to implement and improve on.

How do you like the accuforce compared to the CSW?

I love it, don't have any regrets on the purchase. The feedback is amazing, especially when paired with the program. 

Anyone had any experience with getting their t500rs f1 rim nodded to have fully usable dials and led lights? If so any recommendations? 

58 minutes ago, mr_hill said:

Anyone had any experience with getting their t500rs f1 rim nodded to have fully usable dials and led lights? If so any recommendations? 

Someone did it on the iRacing.com forums. Can't seem to locate the thread, because their search feature is so awesome...

Exactly like that! hmmmm now to figure out how to get that done haha i remember a while ago there was someone suggesting a group that do the modifications, will try and google it. That LED add on on that wheel Cona i found but unfortunatly no longer produced :( sad times as that literally just screwed in and connected via bluetooth from what i can remember.

Here's mine. I'm using the GT Omega Racing Wheel Stand ($150 shipped, comes with two shifter mounts). It fits nicely under my Ikea desk and works great with my lovely OfficeMax chair. The great part is that with the dual shifter mounts I can also use it for flight sim duty with my Cougar HOTAS. Surprisingly, the rudder pedals fit very well and still get over 90% travel in both directions so I don't have to tweak my rudder axis response very much at all.

I'm really surprised to find that very few people are talking about this GT Omega stand even though it's cheaper and more stable than the Wheel Stand Pro that everyone seems to love. It folds up very nicely and while it's not *quite* as compact as the Wheel Stand Pro, it's very simple to take down and put up and pretty mobile too.

Then again, I'm a weirdo as I also use TrackIR on a single monitor for sim racing instead of getting caught up in the whole triple monitor craze and prefer H-pattern + clutch to shifter paddles because that's what I'm used to.

Hardware:
Logitech G25 (Momo 320mm Race wheel, Momo Super Anatomico shift knob, Sparco dual external horn buttons, Ricmotech shifter paddles, GTEYE brake pedal spring, stiffer springs for shifter reverse lockout and shifter position bearing)
Renovatio SRD-9c instrument display
TrackIR 5
Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS and rudder pedals
Microsoft Surface 3 (running my custom MFD software, pyRESTvk)

Computer:
Core i7-6700, 16GB DDR4, 512GB M.2 SSD, GTX 970, 34" curved display @ 3440x1440 (21:9 ultrawide), Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Sims:
Stock Car Extreme, Automobilista, Dirt 3, GRID Autosport, BeamNG Drive
X-Wing Alliance, MechWarrior 2
Arma 2, Arma 3

IMG_20160308_233423.jpg

IMG_20160308_233455.jpg

IMG_20160309_000441.jpg

IMG_20160309_000459.jpg

IMG_20160309_192259.jpg

IMG_20160309_192340.jpg

Does the center not lower enough to make mounting the stick in the center viable or do you just prefer it on the side? Dual purpose and a good price, hard to argue with.

14 hours ago, Mudcat said:

Does the center not lower enough to make mounting the stick in the center viable or do you just prefer it on the side? Dual purpose and a good price, hard to argue with.

The center lowers quite a bit and also telescopes in and out aside from up and down, I just prefer side stick.

Resurrecting an old thread.

My 2489th variation of the Obutto Ozone.

The G27 slides on in 5 minutes since the back is accessible.

obutto.png

Finally we can see our Race Director's Office ;-)

What is the keayboard make and model? Looks good and I am currently looking for something for my work desk.

https://steelseries.com/

Apex 300

I used Logitech for years and years but their stuff has become (IMO) more and more fragile and brittle. A clerk suggested Steelseries stuff because it is a big, heavy keyboard that is very durable. The Ms and I have had great success with the keyboard on both of our desktop systems. Because of the keyboard success, I moved to a Steelseries mouse and it is equally as dependable and durable.

That looks like a nice, simple setup @Doug Atkinson.  Also, Steelseries made the keyboard in my MSI laptop.  Very impressed by the quality as well.

20170117_175432.jpg

The chair is actually more uncomfortable than it looks.  Keeps me from playing too long. :P

I wish I could have a dedicated area for my "rig", but this pulls double duty as the family computer desk.

So, I posted this over at Racedepartment to ask about wheelstands.  I'm likely going to order this GT Omega:

GT Omega Wheel Stand - Logitech G27 2-500x500.jpg

and eventually upgrade to a TH8A shifter(sooner) and Thrusmaster wheel(later).  I imagine I can move a seat back a little, slide the pedal section under my desk, and move the monitor to the edge.  And one day, get a 34" curved monitor.

Can highly recommend that GT Omega stand! :thumbsup:

Got one for myself only a few weeks ago because I wanted something more solid than my desk, but my old dedicated racing rig was out of the question because there was simply no room for it atm.

That stand is much more comrortable than the old Fanatec wheelstand I used years ago (kind of a wheelstand pro) and is surprisingly solid. And you can store it away if the need arises.

Thanks @NimRud  Can you adjust the angle of the actual wheel stand?  I see that you can extend it.  And is the shifter mount adjustable horizontally at the base? 

I gots long legs, and like the wheel close to my chest.  Everytime I get in a car w/adjustable pedals, pedals go all the way back, wheel gets pulled as far forward as possible.

@arthur666 Unfortunately you can' t adjust the angle of the wheelstand.  The wheelplate itself is slightly adjustable by a few degrees. Just enough to make the angle of the wheel a bit more comfortable.

You can adjust the shiftermount horizontally only by sliding it in/out where it is connected to the stand itself.

Works fairly good for me, but I have to lower my office chair quite a bit to get into a comfortable driving position.

@arthur666 I have one of these stands and am not that happy with it. There is just too much movement in it as in it is not completely rigid. The amount of movement is not great but IMO enough to make a negative difference, so I wouldn't recommend it myself. I bought it along with the attachable seat rails and mounting so I could easily dismantle it, but no longer need that function. I'm still looking for a replacement for both wheel and seat.

52 minutes ago, not_him_59 said:

@arthur666 I have one of these stands and am not that happy with it. There is just too much movement in it as in it is not completely rigid. The amount of movement is not great but IMO enough to make a negative difference, so I wouldn't recommend it myself. I bought it along with the attachable seat rails and mounting so I could easily dismantle it, but no longer need that function. I'm still looking for a replacement for both wheel and seat.

As soon as you don´ t need the quick and easy function to get the stand out of the way there are much better solutions out there. At a price of course. ;-)

BTW If I would have known I wanted to commit fully to PC virtual racing again and not only do a few laps on console here and there, this one would have been my choice: Next Level Wheel Stand

Thanks for the info @not_him_59

Yikes.  The Next Level is $300.  As far as the Omega goes, I imagined it would move a little.  I am planning on putting some foam on the back of the wheel stand arms, and pushing it against the under-edge of the desk, so that should make it a little more stable.  I just need to do a few more measurements when I get home...