Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShadowRecon

Picture of your racing setup?

170 posts in this topic

That is completely insane! but oh so goooood! wish i had that, im not even going to scare you all with what ive been running on the last year that ive been here!

EDIT okay so, this may surprise alot of you, and it amazes me given the situation that i've achieved half as much as i have, including various wins etc. Here is my setup.

full-21891-47175-20130811_164711.jpg

full-21891-47176-20130811_164737.jpg

I'm slack jawed Steve...

How do you do so well with a "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" mousepad?!? wink

Just upgraded from kitchen chair and a Fanatec GT3RS v2 and stock pedals to this:

Playseat Challenge, Fanatec CSR with CSR Elite pedals. Running rF2 with Dashmeter Pro on a Nexus 4 and a Nexus 7

5 minutes to set up and 3 minutes to put back in storage, just like my wife likes it.

full-33702-48179-dsc_3346.jpg

The Playseat Challenge is a sweet bit of kit. Just perfect for those situations. It's one of those things that's so brilliantly obvious yet innovative at the same time. I kinda want one even though I've got no need for it lol

Great little desk setup SirM00n. Looks the part but can be cleared away in minutes which is not an easy thing to achieve. . A definate wife pleaser. smile

The Playseat Challenge is a sweet bit of kit. Just perfect for those situations. It's one of those things that's so brilliantly obvious yet innovative at the same time. I kinda want one even though I've got no need for it lol

Great little desk setup SirM00n. Looks the part but can be cleared away in minutes which is not an easy thing to achieve. . A definate wife pleaser. smile

Doesn't really make me any faster, just more consistent.

Newly built GT Omega Evo. Slightly modest compared to some, I don't even have a Buffy mouse mat frown

IMG_7962_1024.jpg

Detail of the upside-down G25 pedal box I cobbled together, surprisingly successfully. Made sure I had plenty of adjustability because I wasn't sure of the positioning when it comes to heel+toe (which I've yet to learn). Might drill another set of holes to move the stop and go pedals closer together.

IMG_7963_1024.jpg

Some very nice rigs in here for sure!

Brun, can I ask what angle you're backplate for the pedals is at?

I'm thinking about doing the same with my G25 pedals.

Originally Posted By: mr_hill
That is completely insane! but oh so goooood! wish i had that, im not even going to scare you all with what ive been running on the last year that ive been here!

EDIT okay so, this may surprise alot of you, and it amazes me given the situation that i've achieved half as much as i have, including various wins etc. Here is my setup.

I'm slack jawed Steve...

Rumor has it there is a new, improved Mr Hill racing rig. Pictures, we need pictures! Did Buffy survive the transition to a new computer?

Originally Posted By: Weasy
Originally Posted By: mr_hill

I'm slack jawed Steve...

Rumor has it there is a new, improved Mr Hill racing rig. Pictures, we need pictures! Did Buffy survive the transition to a new computer?

+1

I hear there have been some pretty significant upgrades at Buffy Towers. We need proof biggrin

Here's a few shots of my recently acquired Obutto Ozone.

I replaced the mouse/keyboard tray and the shifter mount with a homemade tabletop (just a piece of 1/2 plywood, painted black). Since this seat doubles as my "gaming" seat for BF4, among other things, I wanted a standard mouse/keyboard setup with the keyboard on the left and the mouse on the right, instead of having them both on the left as I had with the included mouse keyboard tray. I also wanted the shifter in the spot I was accustomed to with my previous wheel (Logitech DF GT).

Everything I need is within easy reach: lamp, Logitech K750 solar keyboard, Logitech Z5330 speaker remote control, Logitech G27 wheel and shifter and Logitech MX518 gaming mouse.

I added a piece of 1 x 3 behind the monitor to mount my front speakers and added a pair of Sanus speaker stands behind the seat. I have a pair of Logitech G430 headphones with 7.1 surround sound when I need to be quiet but I prefer my 5.1 speakers whenever possible.

I still need to do some cable management, as you can see, but I'm fairly happy with this setup for a first try. I will likely make another tabletop with a few modifications (deeper from front to back and I may extend the front of the mouse area a couple of inches for an easier reach) but I'm generally pretty thrilled with this.

I'm also considering hooking up my Xbox 360 to this unit as well. Who needs a couch? biggrin

full-2738-48562-img_04381.jpg

full-2738-48563-img_04401.jpg

full-2738-48564-img_04411.jpg

Great job Leemz! I like the table top!

+1 That's a very professional finish Leemz. I'm a big fan of the combo rig/table approach, and that looks minimalist and practical. Great job!

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

The beauty of this was that (aside from waiting for the paint to dry) i don't think i spent more than a total of 20 minutes on it.

I took a couple of rough dimensions and "eyeballed" the rest. I made one trim cut after initial dry fit and that was it. Couldnt have been any easier.

I'd be happy to pass along the finished dimensions if anyone is interested.

Teaser #1 biggrin

Nice new toy. Hint: It's bigger and more expensive than it looks.

full-19230-48622-img_20140303_103448.jpg

Teaser #1 biggrin

Nice new toy. Hint: It's bigger and more expensive than it looks.

full-19230-48622-img_20140303_103448.jpg

Cool! You bought a stove vent hood! The Ms will like that. winkngrin

Cool! You bought a stove vent hood! The Ms will like that. winkngrin

LMAO!! "Just another of those kitchen appliances dear" biggrin

is it a playseat challenge perhaps.

I just got home these babies full-13317-48954-he_pedals1.jpg

full-13317-48955-he_pedals2.jpg

Here is what I got delivered today standing next to my Nixim Racecraft GT. Won it by participating in the EGT league here at SimHQ smile

full-13317-49673-challenge_003.jpg

Will be moved to the living room for some more serious testing but initial testing with G27 it felt really good with a good driving position and it´s more stable then expected. 187 cm tall and you can be quite a bit taller than that. Very comfortable driving position and stow away nicely. Stow away so nicely and is so light you could take it to the beach also.

Changed link if it didn´t work before.

Tested briefly with the TX it´s just to hot to even touch the computer now. Best summer in 130 years over here. It work surprisigly well with my TX also. I do have problem with not being able to adjust the distance to the wheel enough. It still get to close when putting the straps as far back as I dare. I did have some interesting moments with over stretching those straps which lead to the entire chair collapsing. Like those sun chair ordeals wink Using the F1 rim it´s doable with little steering lock but stomach and stuff get in the way some. The weight of the TX make the cockpit nearly tipping over when pulling the arm up but just being careful it does not tip over.

What is really nice with it is that the force feedback transplants through the entire chair where my nixim cockpit is just to rigid for this. I have neighbours so can´t really run bass shakers this serves the same purpose.

Anyway I wouldn´t rule out the TX/T500RS completly but you better have short arms and hardly anything of a stomach for it to work really well. Unless there is some trick with the wheel mount you can pull?

It´s sturdy enough to make the G27 look really bad in comparison even if not as much as on more stable platforms.

You can move the wheelplate a dm back and fourth I just discovered. Running out of complaints my driving position with the F1 wheel is ergonomically very close to what I have in my nixim. The chair is of course slightly on the soft side but not something I would expect would cause to much issues for endurance racing.

I used to own the playseat evolution. It had a metal bar that could dig into the back for pull down function nothing like that here. It also had a big con in the angled pedal plate would just flex to much and leather seat is easy to clean but also get hot faster. Much better solution on this one with flat pedal mount and a metal bar to prevent it from going anywhere.

Using T500RS pedal set with skateboard bushinge gives a quite stiff brake. Quite a bit stiffer then clubsports, and also stiffer then G27 pedals with nixim brake mod. Soft compared to my HE Sim Ultimates everything is relative. The T500RS pedals is not a problem on the Challenge. The HE Sim Ultimates I don´t see it being able to handle though but may be wrong.

Clubsports I recon you would need to put some plate under if you would want to put them on this.

This is my rig before...

full-33942-49904-iphone_032.jpg

This is my rig covered with blanket.I use speakers blanket.

15039787850_9337b4b02e_o.jpg

15223373351_d5322343d5_o.jpg

Next step....Triple monitor stand...

Updated version of the office. Not a whole lot has changed in a year to the chassis, except I did add the BMW rim. However I did a brand new PC build recently.

Patiently waiting the arrival of MPPC Sim Pedals. biggrin

full-3257-50048-img_9207e.jpg

Seems a mini panther likes that place too biggrin

Crew chief no doubt. wink

Stephanie, just curious. Are you using the other pit for flight, or going through conversion when you switch between flying and driving?

Using same pit for flight, have to remove rim and pedals, and then install center stick and rudder pedals.