Sign in to follow this  
ShadowRecon

Picture of your racing setup?

Nice build Lowell. Great work. Looks like you've got perfect space for a racing seat too smile

Thanks. Plenty of space for sure. Room is 12x18. I'll post better pics soon.

Pierre1   
Totally awesome rig Pierre! You are lucky to have so much space. It looks fantastic. How do you gst in? Dukes of Hazzard style?

hahahaThanks . Actually fairly easy by backing the seat all the way , the two feet on the seat holding the side bars and slip in... Yes you're right about the space i could not have had one this size without a garage or basement...

NimRud   

Love that seat Frank!

Thank you, Doug!

Saw that thing in a store years ago and knew I want to have it the moment I took a seat.

Most comfortable seat I' ve ever tried.

Even fall asleep in it already a few times. winkngrin

Here is my current setup. The HannsG 28 inch monitor is going to be replaced with a 37 inch Sharp Aquos as soon as I get the mount fab'd.

full-31783-45759-imgp1588.jpg

full-31783-45760-imgp1584.jpg

full-31783-45761-imgp1581.jpg

full-31783-45762-imgp1579.jpg

My system spec's are as follows...

MSI 990FXA-GD80 AM3+ mobo

AMD 1090T 6 core BE CPU (~4.0ghz)

16GB Mushkin 1066 DDR3 (2x8gb)

OCZ 850W Game Extreme P/S

Asus Zonar 7.1 PCI-1e Sound Card

Crucial M4 SSD 128gb for OS

Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 480gb SSD for Steam and other games

Seagate 1TB 7200 SATA 3 HDD for storage

LG Blue-Ray DVD Combo drive

1 VisionTek 6870 x2 2gb Video Card

1 Sapphire 6870 1gb Video Card for Tri-Xfire

Silverstone Raven RV02B-W Case

Lowell, that must keep you there all the time now. Bet momma's honeydo list gets ignored a bit more now because you're "busy". wink

LOL! She likes it! Keeps me out of her hair....

All kidding aside, this makes not having time for racing even harder. Went to a Christmas party Saturday night and could not wait to get the heck outta there and get back home!

Hello all, heres my set up.

Its a home built motion simulator.

th_403452763_IMG_20120414_114631_122_338

th_403447740_IMG_20120414_114615_122_432

Video

The software is care of www.x-sim.de

The control boards are the Pololu JRK 12v12 http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/1393

The motors are 12v 200watt big worm gear motors http://www.motiondynamics.com.au/worm-drive-motors-en/worm-drive-motors/12v-180w.html

I added potentiometers for feedback, built my own frame, made a pivot point from a cut down tailshaft and hey presto! Well sort of, motion simulator.

It is PC only and reads data from most games, like rfactor 1 and 2 , race 07 series, codemasters games, dirt 2 and 3, f1 2010, 2011, 2012. As well as other games.

I use a driving force Gt wheel and pedals and home made sequential shifter.

Cheers, David.

Here is my current setup. The HannsG 28 inch monitor is going to be replaced with a 37 inch Sharp Aquos as soon as I get the mount fab'd.

Nice setup MrD, if possible can you post a nice closeup picture of your Flexiglow? Thanks.

Here are some closeup shots of the flexiglow. This device makes a great cheap button box for rFactor, Windows treats it like a second keyboard so there is no software to run to use it. The labels are made from print on packing labels that have a peel off back, They go on pretty easy and can be removed with a bit of peeling and some Isopropyl alchohol. The mount was cut from aluminum and just bent to shape. The flexiglow is attached to the mount with velcro...two sided tape kind.

full-31783-45940-imgp1618.jpg

full-31783-45941-imgp1620.jpg

full-31783-45942-imgp1621.jpg

Thanks! I bought one some time back based on this picture but have still not got around to the label part.

I really like your layout and shaped labels plus a big thanks for adding pictures of the mount.

flexiglow001.jpg

always cool to see ideas like this and what people do to their rigs.

Cost depends on how far you want to set up.

If you use a desk and chair, you could start with a Driving force GT wheel and pedals, usually about $110-$160 depending if its on sale, PC compatible, great feedback in the 900 deg wheel. Sequential shifter on the wheel and brake and accelerator pedals.

I used one for ages on racing. I just recently went to a G27, but for value for money, the logitech Driving force is the way to go.

As for a static frame, if you are handy, you could build one yourself from MDF or steel. Just have a look at some pics off the net and design your own. I did.

If you want a motion simulator, you could be "on the road" for about $800.

Have a think and start small to get used to a wheel and pedals.

I have been gaming racing for over 3 years and started at a desk. it is still a good desk to have a game at!

Cheers, David.

Motiondave is right Cam.....they can start out and be as cheap as you need/want it to be or as expensive as you can dream...lol. My Obutto was ~$500 Canadian...so that is fairly expensive...but I was going to build one from MDF and plywood that would have cost a quarter of that. I think it is like any other hobby I guess...it really just depends how deep you want to go.... wink Good to see you drop by smile

CamBurr   

After going thru this thread again. I noticed some of you have two screens.

Why? You only run the game on one screen correct?

Weasy   
After going thru this thread again. I noticed some of you have two screens.

Why? You only run the game on one screen correct?

I use my 2nd screen for things like Teamspeak to see who is on and who is talking. I can also use it to surf if I crash out during a race and don't want to leave...lol.

I usually run 2 screens , one for game and one to display motion software, this way I can make motion profile changes without having to

Alt tab the game screen.