Piotr

Le Mans 24H 2017

Piotr   

Time to start a thread about that.

Somehow less exciting this year with smaller LMP1 grid, but still tones of themes to follow.

One of the things to notice are new low downforce LMP2 makes that with the 600hp Gibson engine are doing well over 330kmh on straights (!!!). The GT drivers says that this year it feels like there is 30 LMP1 lapping them all the time.

Preview - GTE AM

Preview - GTE Pro

Preview - LMP2

Preview - LMP1

spotters-guide

All above and more resources can be find here

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/06/12/le-mans-resources.html

goon   

Yeah, ready! Off down across the Channel tomorrow afternoon.

OPoE3mGrc1D9ACnOQMxnHfLwBMLWyViAXcZ8quAs

Oqvist   

I am sure there was a good race. Impossible to know following Eurosport. Commercials every 10 minute and they refuse to focus on battles on track. I had no clue at all what was going on following that.  Rather then following the GTE Pro battle at the end it´s better following a limping #8 Coyota or find some guy in the pit lane or audience or whatever instead of booring cars that is actually racing.  I just don´t get it? 

To bad the P2 didn´t win . Hybrid systems is getting to complex for the P1s it seems.

Piotr   
18 hours ago, Oqvist said:

I am sure there was a good race. Impossible to know following Eurosport. Commercials every 10 minute and they refuse to focus on battles on track. I had no clue at all what was going on following that.  

Eurosport was not producing the broadcast. It was done by French TV. They often complain themselves that director was cutting from on track battles to show som art. slow mo of car over kerbs or mechanic scratching himself while asleep.

WEC app was on the same broadcast feed, but thankfully free of commercials.