goon   

Hi All,

I'd really like to try VR, and have seen quite few Rift DK2 sets going for a fraction of the price of the CV1. I'm wondering if it's a fair representation of the CV1 for evaluation purposes. Anyone got experience of both?

Cheers,

Gareth

cosimo   

I tried DK2 and it was nice to try but the visual resolution is so low, you can't really see much detail on the screen. Haven't tried the CV1, though I heard it's a bit better in that regard.

Oqvist   

I would jump the DK 2. I doubt you would feel the resolution would be enough for serious racing so either it will make you feel VR is not mature enough or you spend money on both the DK 2 and a CV1. CV1 is good enough for me for racing. It´s quite demanding on your hardware though. Supersampling does help to produce sharper images and compensate a bit for the low resolution. In Assetto Corsa I felt my i7 4700K at 3,9 ghz and X 1080 was bare minimum to get close to smooth framerates. I want at least 75 hertz in VR but preferrable all 90 hz. Really hope my I7 7700K will give a healthy boost here.

Something like Live for speed is a lot easier to drive though and it´s clean graphics is good for VR.

goon   

Useful information, thanks for the replies.