Magnum

Tell me about Circuit of the Americas

5 posts in this topic

So... I might of already mentioned it here, I bought a 2017 Harley Davidson touring bike, and next year, 2018, I plan on touring America to every IMSA sport car race, when that time comes, will ask people in the know, the same questions... but as a test run, I was thinking of my first trip, (actually my second, first will be with the wife down to Key West in a month or two), anyway... I was thinking of either going to the F1 race in October, OR the WEC race in September. My question(s) for people in the know...

What is the better event to go too? F1 or WEC

What is the better time frame, weather wise, Sept or October, (probably not much difference on that).

Where is the best seat? What area should I look to sit in.

They have a 2 day ticket and a 1 day ticket for the WEC? What takes 2 days?

My plan is to ride in, stay in a hotel outside of the track area for the night before, then go, after race ride back as much as possible. Suggestions/ideas?

For other bike/tour owners/riders... this will be my first, a test run for next years fill IMSA season... any other recommendations or suggestions?

Thx...

OUCH, 18 hours... a couple of hotel stays then, like I said...still learning/exploring my plans. ;)

"18 h 39 min (1,292.3 mi)
via I-75 N and I-10 W"

WEC. Not even close.

COTA is SE of Austin out in the fields.
You'd be better off driving the I-10 route Chuck then go NW on 71 at Columbus.
https://goo.gl/maps/FFPYn1mgjQ22

Get a room along the way on I-10 and drive there early AM. Let me know if you do it so I can meet up with you.

I'd do WEC. Unless F1 has lowered prices post Bernie.

I'd say WEC too. Unless a lot has changed in the F1 approach since Bernie leaving, you are going to get way better access, and many more hours of racing over the weekend. (Silverstone WEC had several support races on Saturday before a 4 hour ELMS race, then nice lazy Sunday morning with the 6 hours kicking off at 12:00.)