Doug Atkinson

Proposal - Run SCES EnduRacers Series 2?

67 posts in this topic

Proposal Details

Five races would be run and no cancellations even if we get 6 drivers at the last race. :)

Alright. There are enough of you who have contacted me and posted that we should try it again... if enough of you are interested and willing. In retrospect I made a mistake canceling the 5th race in this series as a points event due to the 50% drop in attendance and I won't make that mistake again. If we schedule to run 5 races then we will run them.

I would ask for a 5 Euro contribution per car entry. No fee to enter, so if you don't want to donate 5 Euros, you can still run it. But if you do it would demonstrate you're serious about actually running. Well kinda... :) Not being a snot, but if someone doesn't want to run at least 3 of the 5 races, please do not enter. If your schedule permits, please do join us!

Looking forward to your comments and if you're okay with taking another run at this.

Proposed Dates

April 2nd
April 16th
April 30th
May 14th
May 21st

Proposed Tracks

Pick 5 from the list below in a future poll.

• Sebring (VLM track)
  • Fuji (VLM track)
  • Mid Ohio (VLM track)
  • Le Mans (VLM track)
  • Watkins Glen (based on the NASCAR layout, but a very good track)
  • Nurburgring GP (Newerburg by mianiak)
  • MoSport
  • Rouen Les Essarts
  • Laguna Seca (if we can find one that isn't using ripped content and isn't buggy)
  • Monza (if we can find one that isn't using ripped content and isn't buggy)
  • Spa (if we can find one that isn't using ripped content and isn't buggy)

Half measures won't make any difference. I would suggest:

1. "I would ask for a 5 Euro contribution per car entry." Period.
2. "Drivers who don't attend at least 3 of the 5 races will be denied entry into future series."

Both seem reasonable enough to me, even in combination.
Either make payment mandatory or you might as well not mention it at all and go with rule 2.

I would also prefer to run single class or cup. More people to compete against than in dual class races. Enduracers is good but I am not married to this mod and like to change things up. For a new series I'm craving open wheel to be honest - never seem to get a chance to run any. Any of these I would very much enjoy:

• Brabham BT20
    You can really feel and see the weight transfer and play with the limit, great fun, easy to control.
  • Spark F2 - easier for less experienced drivers (Tuning B with rear wing), but less playful/fun (more in a groove).
  • Formula ISI
  • USF2000 on short tracks - as we discussed in a previous thread
  • Formula Renault 3.5 - just have to add a few clicks of caster, add vehicle specific FFB (~1.3), and soften the setup.

Failing that:
  • Nissan GTR 2011 (may seem odd as a cup car but why not, fantastic car.)
  • Renault Megane Trophy 2013

My 2ct.

I would like to see this return for a second series for sure! Maybe being a single-class championship with the LMP2s?

Track list looks rich and I'm all for doing the broadcast highlights again.

I've had enough of the LMP2 - it's fast and predictable but a little bland, not much character, so if we're running the same mod again I hope it's GTs. I prefer the Enduracers GTs over those by Alpha Modding. They're great, very polished.

There are GT-only drivers and LMP-only drivers, should not be forcing them to migrate, which will cause less registry numbers. Multi class racing is also the added spice of endurance racing, it adds more variables to each class' championship.

8 hours ago, Roenie said:

"Drivers who don't attend at least 3 of the 5 races will be denied entry into future series."

Not reasonable. The overall understanding and purpose of this site is to bring simracers together, not punish them. You have to greatly consider that most drivers that are "no show" are not doing it on purpose.

8 hours ago, Roenie said:

"I would ask for a 5 Euro contribution per car entry." Period.

+1, Period.

All proposed days are good for me, assuming same race times repeated from Season 1.

My thoughts on tracks:

Sebring - Good choice

Fuji  - Terrible 3rd sector.  Gets a lot of dislikes from majority. Also possible gpx problems. 

Mid Ohio - Good choice

Le Mans - Unless we can find a modern version, '91-96 would be boring to repeat again.

Watkins Glen - Very good choice

Nurburgring GP - Not a fan

MoSport - Very good choice

Rouen Les Essarts - Good choice

Laguna Seca - No

Monza - Good choice

Spa - rF1 conversion one is barely OK

Fuji - yes

Mid Ohio yes

Watkins Glen yes yes yes

Rouen yes yes

Monza yes

those would be my choices.

I want to, but i'm already occupied for 2 dates (2 and 16th of april), and i wont cancel that event. So i will able to drive just 3 events. All VLM tracks are good for me.

1 hour ago, Richard_Blokker said:

I want to, but i'm already occupied for 2 dates (2 and 16th of april), and i wont cancel that event. So i will able to drive just 3 events. All VLM tracks are good for me.

NP on 3 events Richard. You'll probably still be a contender for the class. :)

Although I would love to, the dates do not suit me well enough to commit to the number of races required.

I'm definitely with you with regard to everything else mentioned.

I'm very interested. I know I can't make 16th (at Silverstone for WEC) but the others should be fine.

Looking forward to seeing which tracks get picked. I think with the 'discussion' about prototypes lapping GTs it's important to consider a nice 'open' layout.

I don't know rF2 well enough to judge on tracks, so I will leave decisions to others. But I will be happy to join new series.

I won't be able to make the one on Easter weekend (April16th). I think it might be the similar for more people. Easter Monday is public holiday here. There are some countries (like UK) where they have even longer weekend starting with holiday on Good Friday. Quite probable that lots of folks will either travel or have family matters.

I'll run whatever is chosen.

I'll go with the flow for the tracks.  Will not be able to make the first race, but the others should be fine.

Timing is okay for me... I should be able to participate in most.

Throwing out some other ideas... Toban, Poznan, Bahrain

+1 on Bahrain. Very nice layout for both LMP's and GT's 

Fuji (older version prior to the chicanes, but good either way) 

Watkins Glen

MoSport

Rouen Les Essarts (the 55-70 version is an absolute blast in the P2 cars)

Laguna Seca or Mid-Ohio (either is fine with me)

I'm good with the donation part.

Would like to ask though can we reset the car selection to eliminate the people who never showed up in the prior season to free up some of the cars? If not, no big deal.

It was a pain for everyone that unique car selection was active so for series 2 anyone can run any car they want and change to another in-class car during the series. If you see someone else who is using the same car as you, switch if you want, or do not.

5 hours ago, Doug Atkinson said:

It was a pain for everyone that unique car selection was active so for series 2 anyone can run any car they want and change to another in-class car during the series.

Good decision Doug, and less headache. There are many skins available in this mod and duplicate paint schemes of cars should not be a problem.

Hi guys , unfortunately, the first season I did not attend , because I was very busy , but  season 2  I'll be there if possible.

I really like the race calendar :thumbsup:

See you soon the circuit :wave:

CHEERS ...

My apologies for only showing up to 1 race, but when I signed up to the series I had a different working schedule, before the change I was able to run all events but this changed. Due that I need money to support my karting campaign I put work over league racing. My schedule still remains the same thus meaning I can't race anymore, and again apologie, just very busy times for me to have school, work and karting. I wished I could get back in league racing since I really miss it and this one time I did race I had an really great experience and again I wish I could get back into simracing to improve as an driver. Sorry if I made some mistakes writing this, wrote it quickly and I'm not the best at English

I hope that for the dates of the new championship announced have solved my personal problems that have kept me away from the Sim-Racing races. I have not been able to train or run, but it is temporary and I hope to be active again.

Regarding the mods and circuits, I leave the choice to the administrators, who until now have shown that they know what they do.

Manuel Hallfarth and myself are also interested in participating in Season 2. 

I would like to see the following tracks:

• Mid Ohio 
  • Le Mans 
  • Watkins Glen 
  • Laguna Seca 
  • Spa 

Sounds like the first two dates are not going to be good for many people. Forgot we have a holiday on April 16th.

See how these dates work and please confirm it doesn't step on any scheduled events you plan to enter:

• April 30th
  • May 14th
  • May 21st
  • June 11th
  • June 25th

This avoids any SRC / VEC events and our Assetto Corsa Series Darren is running.

2 hours ago, Doug Atkinson said:

Sounds like the first two dates are not going to be good for many people. Forgot we have a holiday on April 16th.

See how these dates work and please confirm it doesn't step on any scheduled events you plan to enter:

• April 30th
  • May 14th
  • May 21st
  • June 11th
  • June 25th

This avoids any SRC / VEC events and our Assetto Corsa Series Darren is running.

New schedule is perfect for me (and for George) as there is now no overlap with WRS races.

The big problem for me is that it overlaps FSR races and i really want to focus on FSR. Competition in WC is very high and i had a very bad year last year. People that know me, knows that last year is not represent my pace or my speed as a simracer. So my plan for now is that all other is put on hold and focus 100% on FSR this year. First race is in 2 weeks and combine that with the extra work that i have now (double shifts 14- 16 hours/day) is making drive anywhere else imposible for me.

If the race times are the same as the first series, it will be too early for me unfortunately.

If every race starts at the time the last race would have (so 18:00 GMT or later) then I will be able to drive and I will be there every race.

We will all be on the silly "Spring forwards, Fall backwards" daylight savings time.

So 1800 GMT would be a 2pm EDT start.

If I'm counting correctly, that would be a 8pm or 9pm start for European drivers.

Presuming we keep it to 2 hours for all sessions, how is that?

21 hours ago, Doug Atkinson said:

• April 30th
  • May 14th
  • May 21st
  • June 11th
  • June 25th

In this case, i cannot drive the last 2 races. haha. Holidays! 

On 4. März 2017 at 2:03 PM, Rene_Kierchhoff said:

Manuel Hallfarth and myself are also interested in participating in Season 2. 

I would like to see the following tracks:

• Mid Ohio 
  • Le Mans 
  • Watkins Glen 
  • Laguna Seca 
  • Spa 

I would like to see the following tracks:   Mid Ohio       Watkins Glen            Laguna Seca          MoSport           Sebring