Event 4

Next race at Silverstone's GT layout on Sunday, 19 February @ 1600 to 1800 GMT

Downloads

ISI Silverstone
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=537638466

EnduRacers
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=788866138

Silverstone Race Conditions

Back to a daytime race with mostly cloudy skies, but no rainfall. Note the current temperature in the image below.  All sessions are set for 1pm starting times. Qualifying will be private so you will only see yourself on the track. For the race, the server is set for normal time advancement.

weather.png

Servers

Server now online for practice and testing.

rFactor2 Server Name: SCES EnduRacers
Password: available here

You must be on Teamspeak for all events. If you do not have a microphone or want to talk, not a problem. But all drivers must be able to monitor race control. If you are not on Teamspeak for the start of practice, you will be asked to leave and install and connect to our Teamspeak server.

Teamspeak Server Name: SimHQ Motorsports
IP: 74.116.1.247
Server Password: carrera

LiveRacers

http://simhqmotorsports.liveracers.com/Live?server=SCES EnduRacers

Practice Races

No practice races are scheduled. It seems I can't hit a good day and time for drivers to participate. :) But I would encourage drivers to meet on the server and run test qualifying and practice races -- not just practice sessions. The server sessions are set differently for this event and you need to drive them to become comfortable. Drivers can advance the server with voting buttons with 1 vote. Because of that, do not restart the weekend if another driver is trying to do a fuel test or several drivers are running test races.

Minimums

Guys, I know things happen and everyone is busy but we fell below the 50% minimum today. Since we had several new drivers register -- and then not appear in practice or in the race -- I'll wave the 22 minimum and we will run Silverstone. But if we get less than 50% of the entries for Silverstone (44 entered, so 22 cars) then we will run that event but the last series race will be cancelled. Now I hope we have a much better entry for Silverstone and then can run Spa (or the alternate track) but if we don't run the final race you'll know why.

NVIDIA Card Owners

It is strongly suggested you try the new fix to avoid the popping and black screens that NVIDIA cards seem to have at this track. I had the problem with my GTX 980 and after applying the fix, it hasn't happened again.

From the 1108 readme file:

Fixed sporadic NVIDIA driver crash on certain tracks. The fix, which is only needed if you were experiencing driver crashes and restarts, can be activated by changing the value to WorkaroundFlags=1 in the Config.ini with a text editor. Please make sure to delete your shader cache manually (the files in UserData\Log\Shaders) when making this change.

Track Layout

640px-Circuit_Silverstone_2011.svg.png

Doug, why " Qualifying will be private"?

In my opinion it should be "normal".

I agree with Richard. I know it's tough if you are the one who cannot get a good lap in but isn't that a part of the realism too?

Normaly, i would say, yes, it is part of realism.

But in this case, the qualy time is to short in my opinion.

So either have a proper qualy time without private, or, leave it as it is, and deal with private session.

I prefer the shorter option.

If it's 15 minutes Q time, then it seems unlikely notto get at least one clean lap in a non public Q session. I'm also in favour of a regular Q session with all cars at once. 

For this race let's stay with private qualifying. 

If it's private, can we make it shorter.

Let's leave it at 15 minutes timed on the long Silverstone track. Drivers will only get a very few laps after the tires have been warmed as it is.

Lol, for now i'm troubling with to hot tires on this track. :D 

hello,

is it still possible to sign up? i see very much sign up already, so i am not sure, if it is full already?

i think i can make nearly sure this silverstone race, but i am not so sure about the last race.

is GMT  germany or english time zone, never know this exactly???

if i am correct, that it is normal tyre wear and normal fuel setting, no multiplicator?  so only only a short fuel pitstop in end of race for GT cars normaly then i think.

enduracer mod. is good mod, only somehow a little not good steering i have if i move the wheel only a little bit, the feeling is not strong (haha, can not explain more good, but URD it feels beter if you move only a little ° in FFB).

if there is still a slot? gridplace? free i do sign up later.

i did read this....

Race finish determined by total laps completed, not partial / incremental laps. It is strongly suggested you change your player.JSON setting to "laps completed".

can someone explain this in easy english words to me, what is different to other races with race finish?

servus

Hi Reinhard

1) GMT (the worldwide clock)
https://greenwichmeantime.com/

2) Normal tire and fuel for race 4 and race 5.

3) Sure! Just select a car that hasn't been taken (based on the unique car number) and register for the series.

http://simhqmotorsports.com/index.php?/topic/10989-sces-enduracers-championship-points/&do=findComment&comment=115809

http://simhqmotorsports.com/index.php?/topic/10978-sces-enduracers-signup-registration/

4) I did read this.... Race finish determined by total laps completed, not partial / incremental laps. It is strongly suggested you change your player.JSON setting to "laps completed". Can someone explain this in easy english words to me, what is different to other races with race finish?

See if this video by Troy helps to explain.

oki thanks for info,

i see video, the normal raceending as it is in multiclass to calcualte any extra fuel for possible nearly 2 extra laps, this i know of  how it work, with my limited english knowledge i was not sure what this is with raceending.

servus

1 hour ago, Doug Atkinson said:

Server offline for about an hour to complete maintenance.
I will post back in here when the server is back online.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Server back online.

How strict are the sign ups for this? I just looked at the date and it's the last day before I go back to University, and I'm keen for some more time in RF2, regardless of the car. 

EDIT: Disregard, I saw Reinhard's post and your answers. Will sign up tonight.

One question; there's so many different P2's ... what's the difference? 

IMO with the same set, i find a small difference in balance. Some are a little more oversteer and some a little understeer then others. When i say a little, i mean a very small marging. Nothing that you can't solve with small setup changes. Sound and revs can make a lot of difference to some. My choice of car was made by sound.

hello, i have a question.

i know there are little mods. for a race for download (forgot name), is in this little mod. for this race, something in the grip changed, like a pre-set grip, or is it orginal grip = same griplevel, as i if i do drive offline in silverstone, without i had saved a grip before, or is there any pre-set grip level which the server do start.

would be good to know for me what grip pre-set is in server, i will learn rf2 more to understand good, which is important in future, to know as much as possible.

servus

@Doug Atkinson Are we allowed to select car numbers from 'inactive' (here meaning people who have not attended a race thus far this season) drivers? 

43 minutes ago, Mitchell Smith said:

@Doug Atkinson Are we allowed to select car numbers from 'inactive' (here meaning people who have not attended a race thus far this season) drivers? 

No, please don't. Thanks for checking.

50 minutes ago, Reinhard Berger said:

hello, i have a question.

i know there are little mods. for a race for download (forgot name), is in this little mod. for this race, something in the grip changed, like a pre-set grip, or is it orginal grip = same griplevel, as i if i do drive offline in silverstone, without i had saved a grip before, or is there any pre-set grip level which the server do start.

would be good to know for me what grip pre-set is in server, i will learn rf2 more to understand good, which is important in future, to know as much as possible.

servus

Sorry Reinhard. Not sure I understand your question. You mean the rrbin Real Road setting? It is "test team medium" for all sessions.

thanks doug,

so i can test offline with same grip level then, if i set it to test team medium.

good for me to test with a lot of other AI car, to know if grip level do grow with more cars and so for race too is higher, as i hope with higher grip the tyrewear will reduce a little, 90min. is always close to drive for me with 1 set of tyres.

servus

I would suggest only testing online. 

It is never be the same, even if you have the same grip level. 

Talking about grip levels.....

Is it saved at the end of a session and is it building up or is the level of grip set to zero (certain point) at each start of a session ??

It resets each session since "naturally progressing" isn't used.

Humidity 0? In England?

Just now, Roenie said:

Humidity 0? In England?

hahahahahahahahaha

Unfortunately I cannot make it this weekend due to family.

Doug, I am not sure what is the process, but feel free to give my car to anyone interested for this race.

Thank you.

Thanks for the update Peter. NP, we haven't gone 100% on the grid entry so your car is safe. :)

Been tight on time. Will try to make a decision on my car today. :D Didn't get a chance to drive them all.

EDIT: Never mind. Wow. Those P2 cars feel terrible. I can't get a decent setup for them. I might leave this one alone.

After missing LeMans due to snowstorm disrupting communications & power, now I regretfully have an appointment tomorrow morning that conflicts with the race.  Sigh.