goon   

Hi All,

I'm thinking of an upgrade, I have up to £200 to spend I guess. I currently have this system:

AMD FX8350, Gigabyte 970A AM3+, 16Gb DDR3, 4Gb GeForce GTX 970. I use the system mostly for racing sims, and run a triple monitor setup at 5276 X 1050.

My hardware knowledge is out of date, so I'm wondering what people would change with about £200 to spend?

Thanks for any help,

Gareth 

NimRud   

I would recommend waiting on the release of the next generation of AMD CPU´s and GPU´s.

It will set things in motion as Intel and nvidia will probably try to match the new lineup and the consumers can most probably profit from that rivalry.

If you don´t want to wait that long just invest in a new faster SSD. I really don´t see another reasonable option with £200 to spend on your current system.

nhill40   

Those are almost identical to the specs on my machine - really the only difference is I have a marginally faster Intel processor.  I would second NimRud's opinion and save your money (for now) with an eye towards VR or the inevitable GPU upgrade in a couple years. 

Piotr   

This thread got me thinking how good is my current build.

Anyone can recommend a site where can easily benchmark my CPU and GPU against what is available on the market?

cheers