Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Doug Atkinson

GTR3 in 2018

7 posts in this topic

A lot of peoples wet dream come true.

I wonder how it will differentiate from R3E, especially since R3E also will get the same graphics engine in the long run. Sure, GTR3 will not be a steam title , but is that such a bad thing?

May be for some. I hope they can solve the issue with input lag on the Unreal engine. As I understand it for the VR titles they have rewritten a lot of code to get it lower but there is like 3x more data to compute on a serious simulation.

GTR3 is planned to strike a balance between simulation physics and accessibility, with the creators citing Codemasters’ Formula One series as an example of the planned direction in terms of handling.

So it's going to take 6 years to achieve half decent driving experience?

Oh well...

http://www.virtualr.net/simbin-studios-uk-announce-gtr-3

Of course I hope it's wrong take on what they plan Always a huge fan of Simbin products. I have took my Crammond's and GPL years limited SP. It was Simbin that made to step up and go multiplayer.

Don´t understand all the fuss about a new GTR from Simbin to be honest!

What could they posssibly bring to the table other titles haven´t already covered? New racing license? Maybe a very sophisticated offline driving experience?

Got all their past products starting with the first GTR mod for EA´s F1 2002 and more or less liked all of them, but that was in a time with a lot less titles to choose from in the virtual racing genre.

It´s a known franchise that is what creates some buzz

I have the old ones on steam and have never played them, lol...

I played RaceRoom for like a week,

Of course at the time I installed all these, they were competing for my time from iRacing.