Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darren_Blythe

So You Think You're Fast? AC Hotlap Challenge: Porsche 911 GT3 2017 @ Nords Tourist

19 posts in this topic

full-19230-51132-full_19230_49230_untitl

AC has an official in game app for comparing times with your Steam friends, so time to have a little fun!

You have 7 days to post your best time and see how you compare.

The next Challenge is:

Challenges > Hotlap: Porsche 911 GT3 CUP 2017 @ Nordschleife Tourist

The 911 GT3 2017 is part of the Porsche Pack 3 DLC:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/540711/

hl.PNG

Prerequisites:

Game Settings

Launcher settings for ABS and TC must be set to FACTORY.

(once on track you can change the settings if the car allows it)

Stability OFF, Fuel ON

Penalties must be enabled

Before you can start posting laps you need to do two things (if you haven't already)

1. Activate the in game Friends Leaderbord. To do this, take to the track and move your mouse to the right hand edge of the screen to activate the apps sidebar. From here select the Friends Leaderboard (it's near the bottom)

full-19230-51130-full_19230_48487_ac_cha

You should then see a leaderboard similar to this. You can drag it round to a suitable position.

full-19230-51131-full_19230_48488_ac_cha

Once the app is active it will log your laps and list those of your Steam Friends.

2. In order to get an accurate set of comparison of times you will need to add people to your friends list. You should be able to find all of us at the SimHQ Motorsports Steam Group. Just send out friend invites to those taking part and when they accept you can see their times on your leaderboard.

I have most people already, but if you want to enter, please add me as a friend first (if you haven't already), then post a time. I'll periodically post my leaderboard in the following post so you can all see who you need to befriend. Hopefully after a short while we'll all be bosom buddies.

Have Fun!!!

The challenge is open immediately and will expire exactly 14 days from the time of this post. :)

Posted 26th Jan 12:00 GMT

Reserved for leaderboard.  Updated Periodically.  Last Updated 16th Feb 12:00GMT

lb.JPG

NOTE: I'm out of town next week so this challenge will run for 14 days.

Thanks to @NimRud for suggesting this formidable combo!

Good luck!

4 hours ago, Darren_Blythe said:

this challenge will run for 14 days.

That's good, it will take me that long to get a valid lap in. :old_simmer:

I hope I can finish a lap.....

Haven't done a SYTYF for a while, lets see if I can get a lap in :D

Quick laptimes from brun and ben so far! Impressive! :thumbsup:

Struggling a bit atm here. Are you guys running the stock setup settings? Wing setting?

I was doing these because I know I'm on the slow side, but didn't realise I was so slow. :(

Wish I was struggling @NimRud, and only down 5 secs and I'm not using stock setup.:deadhorse:

Think I lowered the wing a couple of clicks. Other than that, no changes. Kept an eye on tyre temps but they seem fine with the defaults.

Done my first timed lap, '6:26 with complete default setup, including fuel at 30L.

Nice work. I got under 6:30 with a far from clean lap, but doubt I could find another three seconds.

Nice time indeed!

According to RSR-Rank that´s clearly alien territory. Well done! :thumbsup:

Archii already proved couple of times that he is from planet Melmac ;-)

Edit: great classic combo, good that we have more time for it; I have been in for last few days, but will hopefully start putting some laps tonight/tomorrow

Well done so far guys!

I'm out of town until the 10th so if anyone wants to post a leaderboard between now and then please go ahead :)

Atm at '6:25, w/ 27C degrees. Could go maybe 24s/23s with lower temps and some more setup changes

Finally back in Blighty and feeling at least partially human :)

This challenge has well and truly closed :P

Thanks to all who posted times.  Good to see Archii back in his rightful spot :D

@archii16 Care to choose the next combo or nominate someone else?

We'll kick off the next one on Monday 20th so you can have a couple of days to decide.

Well.... Since there is a new update, why not do the Highlands short, since thats the only track that has got walls close to the track... I guess it will bring up some frustration! hehe, as for the car, maybe the xbow?

Sounds great.  I always like diving the XB :)

Shame I am suffering a bad back lately. Couldn't do enough laps on the Ring although 6:30 is completely out of my league. Well done Archii:thumbsup::thumbsup:, And Brun and Ben for leading  "protein based life forms" simracers :neaner::thumbsup: