Event 3

Next race at Virtua_LM's LeMans on Sunday, 05 February @ 1600 to 1800 GMT

Downloads

Virtua_LM LeMans SCES
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q30e4kzpbz4s0qb/VirtuaLM_Lemans_SCES01.rfcmp?dl=0

EnduRacers
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=788866138

LeMans Race Conditions

After two daytime races in the sun, drivers will get a bigger challenge at LeMans. Qualifying is set to begin at 6pm track time. For LeMans, there will be private qualifying, so you will only see yourself on the track. For the race, the server is set for 15x time advancement so the 90 minute race cover 22.5 hours. The weather service has forecast an 80% chance of rain after dawn and during the morning of the race.

Practice set for 3pm track time.
Qualifying set for 6pm track time.
Race set for 3pm track time @ 15x.

NVIDIA Card Owners

It is strongly suggested you try the new fix to avoid the popping and black screens that NVIDIA cards seem to have at this track. The condition is especially bad at dawn and at dusk during light transitions. I had the problem with my GTX 980 and after applying the fix, it hasn't happened again. I just ran 2 complete test races on the server an no problem.

From the 1108 readme file:

Fixed sporadic NVIDIA driver crash on certain tracks. The fix, which is only needed if you were experiencing driver crashes and restarts, can be activated by changing the value to WorkaroundFlags=1 in the Config.ini with a text editor. Please make sure to delete your shader cache manually (the files in UserData\Log\Shaders) when making this change.

Servers

Server now online for practice and testing.

rFactor2 Server Name: SCES EnduRacers
Password: available here

You must be on Teamspeak for all events. If you do not have a microphone or want to talk, not a problem. But all drivers must be able to monitor race control. If you are not on Teamspeak for the start of practice, you will be asked to leave and install and connect to our Teamspeak server.

Teamspeak Server Name: SimHQ Motorsports
IP: 74.116.1.247
Server Password: carrera

LiveRacers
http://simhqmotorsports.liveracers.com/Live?server=SCES EnduRacers

Practice

No practice races are scheduled. It seems I can't hit a good day and time for drivers to participate. :) But I would encourage drivers to meet on the server and run test qualifying and practice races -- not just practice sessions. The server sessions are set differently for this event and you need to drive them to become comfortable. Drivers can advance the server with voting buttons with 1 vote. Because of that, do not restart the weekend if another driver is trying to do a fuel test or several drivers are running test races.

Youre really sure with the rain?

Drove a few rounds. Rain is just crazy on this track^^

1 hour ago, J-P. H. said:

Youre really sure with the rain?

Yes. It won't arrive until later in the race after dawn.

Realy sad, i think this will be the highlight, but i can't take part in this race.

If you mean the rfmod file, it will be autodownload and installed to your pc, when you try to connect to the server for the first time.

In the NVIDIA fix above, I don't have a "WorkaroundFlags" line in my config.ini. Am I looking in the wrong place or something?

Where are you looking? The config.ini is in the user data folder

Yeah, that's where I'm looking. I usually have shadows turned off though, maybe that's why?

In the NVIDIA fix above, I don't have a "WorkaroundFlags" line in my config.ini. Am I looking in the wrong place or something?

Config..jpg

Checking S. Clark. Did you create a new set of JSON files when it updated to version 1108? I think that may be your problem. The tip off is your "(c)2015" at the top of the config.ini image you posted.

Try removing the current JSON files, let it create a new set next time you start it, and see if that workaround line is added to the config.ini.  Keep your old JSON files for reference then update the new ones to the old changes you made.

A good idea to create a clean set of JSONs with each rF2 update. Otherwise some new features may not get picked-up in the older JSON files.

I'm struggling so badly with this combo, but I don't want to skip the race, but I'll only be making up the numbers at this rate. :(

I just have no confidence whatsoever in the car and just to prove me right it will at any moment just let go without being a gentleman and giving me plenty of warning and so I just spin out or melt the tyres. I've tried adjusting the BB but no matter what the fronts will always lock and overheat under heavy braking. The accelerator travel seems to be about 5 millimeters for the entire pedal, so it goes from nothing to everything with pretty much no control over it despite trying to adjust for it in the settings in game. And I'm still getting that weird sense of the front steering wheels being 30ft in front of the car, but intermittently so it's hard to pin down.

And I have already tried adjusting the FFB levels but without any noticeable improvement that I can see.

Really don't know what to do. :wacky:

2 hours ago, not_him_59 said:

I'm struggling so badly with this combo, but I don't want to skip the race, but I'll only be making up the numbers at this rate. :(

I just have no confidence whatsoever in the car and just to prove me right it will at any moment just let go without being a gentleman and giving me plenty of warning and so I just spin out or melt the tyres. I've tried adjusting the BB but no matter what the fronts will always lock and overheat under heavy braking. The accelerator travel seems to be about 5 millimeters for the entire pedal, so it goes from nothing to everything with pretty much no control over it despite trying to adjust for it in the settings in game. And I'm still getting that weird sense of the front steering wheels being 30ft in front of the car, but intermittently so it's hard to pin down.

And I have already tried adjusting the FFB levels but without any noticeable improvement that I can see.

Really don't know what to do. :wacky:

If I understand the problem to be the feel through the controllers.... copy the controller JSON file elsewhere, restart rF2 and let it create a new controller JSON file. Try the built-in T500RS setup and see if any difference. If none, uninstall the wheel and pedals software and hardware, and set it up clean.

No Doug I didn't do that. I never heard of doing that before, I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Thanks.

I'm not getting it Doug. I removed every single JSON file I could find, restarted RF2 Steam and all my settings are exactly the same as if no information had been removed. What is the exact path I need to take, because going through Documents/Rfactor2/UserData and removing the JSON files from there isn't doing anything.

Never mind guys I figured it out. I was looking in my original RF2 install not the one from Steam. Once I found the config file in the steam download of RF2 I found the "workaroundflag" line. Thanks, sorry still getting used to how things work through Steam.

Good deal :thumbsup:

Re: Removing then letting rF2 create new JSON files. A new update of rF2 is supposed to append any new features that have been added to the JSON files. It doesn't always happen that way so sometimes it has to be forced by pulling the current files and letting rF2 create a "fresh" set of JSON files with all the new functions.

On 31/01/2017 at 5:55 PM, Doug Atkinson said:

If I understand the problem to be the feel through the controllers.... copy the controller JSON file elsewhere, restart rF2 and let it create a new controller JSON file. Try the built-in T500RS setup and see if any difference. If none, uninstall the wheel and pedals software and hardware, and set it up clean.

I'll have a look at this later when I get on my game PC, but thanks for the suggestions Doug. :cheers:

Further Information.

I can honestly say the problem is not with rF2 as last night at REVS we had a 30 min race around Croft in the newly released USF2000. I had an excellent race, the FFB was rich and full and I had a wonderful time being able to push the car to its max (for me that is). And I think apart from 2 or 3 laps every lap I set a new best time so I really was maxing it at my level. So after feeling really down about rF2 I am happy to discover that it is not the software itself that is broken and lets hope I can find s usable solution.:whenpigsfly:

I've removed the edit from the above post and made a new posting here as it does not show up as new content. I was hoping to post some good news since yesterday as I tried your first suggestion @Doug Atkinson with the .JSON files and it seemed to do the trick. The FFB def felt better and more informative, I immediately knocked a second+ off my time best time at Sarthe as a test and felt I could get a bit more now. The only thing I did was to re-assign the button mappings. I was going to give it a more thorough test today but on beginning I find there are some weird problems. First the default controller.JSON file for my wheel is not actually set for my wheel or is grossly corrupted. i.e. only left turning is mapped, the right turning of the wheel is not mapped to a function! none of my CSPv3 pedals are mapped. :cuss:

A further weirdness is that I am not getting full revs/top speed, I'm losing more than 30kph top speed like something is holding back the car, as if aero had been maxed out, which it certainly isn't and is the same as it was yesterday when I was hitting top speeds of 291kph. This also happened yesterday when I first removed all the JSONs and setup a new controller, found that it worked ok and so tried my old controller settings. That is when I first observed this weird lowering of top speed happen. All I did was return to the new T500 JSON and map the various buttons/controls and all worked as they should and there was no loss of top speed. On starting up rF2 today it auto loaded my new controller JSON which I had renamed and saved after the remappings etc and immediately I'm losing this 30kph top speed. That is at least so far the only problem I've encountered. :yep:

Note this is all in rF2 but only tested with the Enduracers mod on the SHQM version of Le Mans, since the USF2000 mod raced with on Tues night was perfect. I do not have a single problem with AC or AMS. :nope:  :banghead:  :dizzy:  :zombie:   :skullhead:

Better news this time, :D

It seems that bad timing caught me out yesterday, just as I was messing with the JSON files rF2 slipped in unnoticed, a 1089 update 2 and subsequently there was still a version mismatch with the JSONs which I only realised much later yesterday evening. I also lost my triple screen settings so redid those, which has finally gotten rid of the weird feeling of the front wheels being too far ahead of the car.

The only but is I've lost about 4 or 5 seconds pace and a bit off my top speed. At least I think I can race with this now it feels more like a car... hahahaha.

Good. It is a PITA to do it, but letting rF2 build a new set of JSONs when a version build arrives is usually beneficial. They are modifying stuff within the JSONs continuously.

Thanks @Doug Atkinson yes, I will be paying a lot more attention to this in future. Having done a 'Diff' on the old and new JSON versions and seen the differences/changes, I'm surprised it wasn't written up in the Fine Manual :RTFM:

;D

On 23-1-2017 at 9:03 AM, Doug Atkinson said:

Sunday, 05 February @ 1600 to 1800 GMT

To be 100% sure,  that is 1700 to 1900 CET? 

12 minutes ago, Rino Demeulemeester said:

To be 100% sure,  that is 1700 to 1900 CET? 

:thumbsup:

Having found some discrepancies between versions I've since done another clean and download of the JSONs and now they all seem to be OK.

I just have one issue left with this car and it is the throttle control. The car idles at 2100rpm. The first increase at the throttle moves it up to aprox 4300. The rest of the rev range goes as you would expect with small throttle increases. It is just the initial burst. It means I am super late on applying the power out of corners or I get a throttle surge and spin out, lose the back end type result. The other cars in the set that I've tried are not quite as bad but IMO still offer poor throttle control esp compared to one of the URD mods that I tried too. Unless someone can suggest something tho I guess it is what it is.

Phew, I've been at this all afternoon and half the evening.

anyway I've added in a touch of TC which helps with the throttle control problem and I'm ready to go. :burnout:

but I haven't found any more pace. :old_simmer:

see you on track guys. :D

It was supposed to be the highlight of the series for me but it feels like I have to pull out for health reasons...

My bad back issues returned in last few days. I tried a practice this morning focusing on adjusting my seat/wheel position but whatever I tried the pain was there.

Have fun guys. I hope I will get better and return for next race.

Was looking forward to race on Le Mans, but work is preventing me to participate

Like Piotr, I have lower back pain issues today but still intend to race at this point. Hopefully I'll complete the race, but just in case sorry if I have to retire.

Server reboot in 30 minutes.