Doug Atkinson

SCES EnduRacers - Event 2: Road America

Event 2

Next race at SCES Road America on Sunday, 22 January @ 1600 to 1800 GMT

Note this start time is one hour later than the start time for Event 1 Suzuka.

All sessions set for 3pm track time.

Downloads

SCES Road America
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=754710490

EnduRacers
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=788866138

Servers

Server now online for practice and testing.

rFactor2 Server Name: SCES EnduRacers
Password: available here

You must be on Teamspeak for all events. If you do not have a microphone or want to talk, not a problem. But all drivers must be able to monitor race control. If you are not on Teamspeak for the start of practice, you will be asked to leave and install and connect to our Teamspeak server.

Teamspeak Server Name: SimHQ Motorsports
IP: 74.116.1.247
Server Password: carrera

LiveRacers
http://simhqmotorsports.liveracers.com/Live?server=SCES EnduRacers

Practice Races

Americas - Sunday, 15 January @ 10pm EST

Europe - Sunday, 15 January @ 1600 GMT

Drivers are welcomed to join either or both, but hopefully one of them.

Emery   

carrera not working as password?

Nevermind... I see the right one now.  This is only going to get worse as I get older, LOL!

1 hour ago, Emery said:

carrera not working as password?

Nevermind... I see the right one now.  This is only going to get worse as I get older, LOL!

Ha-ha! Myself!

It is easy to miss with both password references there. I updated it with some additional reference.

J-P. H.   

Sadly, tbh. It seems that the testraces will not used anymore. 30 minutes to go for the first one and there are just 2 guys on the server :(

Wow... Great track Alex.  :thumbsup:

Today was my first chance to download and do some laps.  Got a baseline setup ready....Going to be a fun race next weekend.

Couldn't get up early enough to join this mornings practice race (west coast US).. exhausted after yesterdays VEC race.

Jon_Uyan   
1 hour ago, Lonestar29 said:

Couldn't get up early enough to join this mornings practice race (west coast US).. exhausted after yesterdays VEC race.

Same here, I should make the 7pm PST one.

Jon_Uyan   

Can not connect to server. Found out rfmod is not installed. When I hover the pointer on the rfmod in launcher list, it say's; missing CorvettePClights V1.0  ?? Corvette pace car is installed and is in the list. Was there a seperate "CorvettePClights" file that I may have deleted? If so where can I get it? The new /www.studio-397.com site does not have official ISI downloads!. And it seems they are not at the old rF2 site anymore??

Full msg is: "Missing Virtual CMP CorvettePCLights V1.0"

Jon_Uyan   

Just tried to get on both CMS WRS and CMS Thursday Night series servers and had no problem, both of which uses Corvette PC.

7 hours ago, Doug Atkinson said:

Reminder there is a practice race tonight for the Americas @ 10pm EST.

thanks doug for hosting tonight... only 3, but had a good 20min sprint race.  see you next week.

Jon_Uyan   
4 hours ago, Doug Atkinson said:

Run the verify local cache utility. Right click on rFactor2, properties, then 3rd tab (think it is local file). 

Yes running "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" fixed the problem. Sorry could not make the practice race again, family time.

1 hour ago, Lonestar29 said:

thanks doug for hosting tonight... only 3, but had a good 20min sprint race.  see you next week.

+1.  Even the short race was fun with the three of us conspiring to keep it close, even with me blasting off at the start rather than the stately pace lap that is the requirement......

See you next week!

2 hours ago, Jon_Uyan said:

Yes running "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" fixed the problem. Sorry could not make the practice race again, family time.

"Verify Integrity of Game Cache" is rapidly becoming my favorite go to solution for all things rFactor2 related. Even passing "reboot your computer".  ;D

J-P. H.   

When will the update for the championsship results goes live? 

If you have a googlesheet ect i could make it.

Well I'm feeling a lot happier about taking part now since I've been developing a setup that is beginning to work for me. I'm still getting some weird sense of FFB on occasions that make the front of the car 'feel' like it is 50ft in front of me rather than about 6 but that is not across the whole track on every turn. Despite this I'm beginning to build confidence in the car so I can start pushing the car harder, within its limits of course (or maybe those are my limits ;).)

I'm still pretty slow by comparison but hopefully not so slow as to get completely left behind on my own. So I'm getting excited about the race now and really looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

J-P. H.   
2 hours ago, not_him_59 said:

Well I'm feeling a lot happier about taking part now since I've been developing a setup that is beginning to work for me. I'm still getting some weird sense of FFB on occasions that make the front of the car 'feel' like it is 50ft in front of me rather than about 6 but that is not across the whole track on every turn. Despite this I'm beginning to build confidence in the car so I can start pushing the car harder, within its limits of course (or maybe those are my limits ;).)

I'm still pretty slow by comparison but hopefully not so slow as to get completely left behind on my own. So I'm getting excited about the race now and really looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

Which wheel do you have? The Enduracers Mod has the best FFB of all Mods in my opinion so that sound a little bit strange^^

I've now put the hardware info in my sig file. :cool:

I don't have a problem with all models in rF2, just some of them. but IMHO I think the FFB is poor certainly compared to the URD (much more comprehensive, much more 'hi-fi')  for example and esp against standard content. I seem to have eliminated a lot of the weird sense of a looooooong bonnet by adjusting the height of the drivers head! but not entirely. Plus there is no sense of when the wheels are locking up under heavy braking.:(

Having made those criticisms, I have been more than happy with the FFB in rF2 for a long time, more than a year after spending a lot of time setting it up correctly and way more than happy with it in AC and AMS for instance. So sorry but I have to put it down to the mod. :P

The car handling of the mod is very odd compared to the URD. The corvette and the porsche are the worst. It looks that the car is rotating from the middel of the car, very strange.

But, this is a nice track, you can push it pretty good! Should be a fun race again :) 

Staniol   

Anyone with G27 could please share the FFB settings he/she is using for comparison?

I managed to completely mess up mine while trying to improve it...:D

19 hours ago, Staniol said:

Anyone with G27 could please share the FFB settings he/she is using for comparison?

I managed to completely mess up mine while trying to improve it...:D

If you load the rFactor 2 provided controller files, then the FFB should be good.

Those files are really specific made and adjusted by S397 for the specific wheels. 

Piotr   

I have to say that I seem to be catching the "bad FFB flu". I did not have problems with Suzuka. This time I really get weird feeback from this mod and my wheel (T500). It just gives me unreasonably violent rattle mid corner when I have slightest lateral tyre slip. On the other hand it's numb in moments I am used to get feedback Very inconsistent from track to track it seems.

I love Road America but I might be forced to sit this one out:banghead:

Jon_Uyan   

The curbs on this track causing a lot of rattling for me also, maybe Alex can tell us why different tracks may be causing so much ffb difference! 

But, come on guys you can't quit racing because you have to adjust your ffb settings. Just look at it this way; what if it was the old days and we did not have ffb wheels yet!. I think I've already read 4 or so drivers said they don't like the ffb in this mod and they are quitting because of it?!! We really became that sensitive now and can not perform because ffb is somewhat different?. This is not helping the simracing community and definitely not helping this community. What happenned to the sprit of participation? 

Sorry Piotr I'm not picking on you but I think it was building up from earlier posts and I ended up bursting now.

40+ signed up to this series plus some reserves but there was 16 or so no-show. That is just unacceptable level of ignorance and lack of commitment. I hope the rest of us can carry the flag...

J-P. H.   

Well, i have some problems with the ffb to, but thb. There are some kart tracks out there where you also get weird feedback. I just deal with it and try to push as hard as i can^^

Piotr   
21 minutes ago, Jon_Uyan said:

Sorry Piotr I'm not picking on you but I think it was building up from earlier posts and I ended up bursting now.

You better not. I have not resigned yet  :neaner:    I scheduled my weekend travels this winter with this series in mind,

still couple of days to go to tune it. I just need to read that hundred pages long thread at rF2 official forum hehe...

Coutie   

I don't think I can soften the curbs, the bumps are built in. The bumps in the road aren't so bad, they should just rumble a bit.