Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Panther

Formula E Vegas E-Race

6 posts in this topic

I don't know if anyone has been following this, or even knew about it. I heard about it a few months back but it slipped my mind until today. Which it was the big race, and well it was full of surprises. I can't really sum it up like this guy did, so click and enjoy the fun and how simracing likely went backwards in time with e-sports...

http://jakespareyblogs.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/vegas-e-race-biggest-shambles-in-sim.html

They shouldn't have done the fanboost thing. But they've fixed the error now. ^#%* happens, it was the first time they've done that, so issues are to be expected. After the race ended, the guy who won didn't look very happy, so he probably knew he wouldn't keep the win.

Jake seem a bit over dramatic.  As for graphics cs is quite big despite being ugly :P and how could simracing compete with the real deal in term of eye candy jake  would spell  doom no matter what. While Assetto corsa,  pcars or even iRacing looks a lot better streamed not sure that matters.  Curious why 25 plugin was needed.

Had some tv show in Sweden called vgp using race 07 some years ago and it worked really well. Not good enough to give ratings for another season though. 

Just read a write up - sounds like an unmitigated disaster!

While I do appreciate the idea that presenting sim racing as an eSport could really be good for the genre, at the same time I've always gotten a good chuckle out of the eSport concept in general.  That said, relative to the average age of the "gamer" demographic, I might as well be a fossil - when I was growing up, video games were video games...sports were what you played outside with your buddies and/or what your dad watched on TV at night/on weekends.  I guess I'm a crusty enough old guy at this point in my life where I have a hard time blending the video game and sport concepts together! :old_simmer:

https://www.twitch.tv/eleaguetv/v/113155961

Here is the event. I fast scrolled through the qualifying rounds but it seem to work well in the final except the fan boost glitch of course. Certainly not showing rFactor 2 at it´s best though with that track :)

Ollis fan boost is still working!