Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nhill40

Big R3E news!

6 posts in this topic

2016 was already a big year for sim racing news, but it just got bigger!

https://m.facebook.com/raceroom/posts/1407929019225711

If I'm reading this right, sounds like an iRacing-like system on the way...this would be absolutely huge for the genre, IMO.  The iRacing system is ingenious, but certainly not to the point of not being reproducible (again, IMO).

iRacing physics I think are pretty 'meh' and the costs can quickly get a little nuts - I think R3E getting in the game will be good for R3E, iRacing, AND the overall community in the long run (assuming they do a good job of it).

Just to be clear, I think iRacing physics are quite good on the oval side...Ive personally just never found the road racing experience all that convincing relative to the other sims currently available.

Also, let me say for the record that public lobby racing suuuuuuuuucks!  I had never really tried it until recently - it took me all of 2 races to start asking "how is this even a thing?!?"  A really unsatisying blend of aliens, wreckers, and rage-quitters in my (admittedly limited) experience.

That looks interesting indeed!

Have to say I´m very surprised about the actual state of R3E.

Tried it for the first time only several days ago to get a quick first impression but I´m loving it so far. In fact so much I got the whole package taking advantage of the hefty discounts available. ;-)

8 hours ago, nhill40 said:

Also, let me say for the record that public lobby racing suuuuuuuuucks!  I had never really tried it until recently - it took me all of 2 races to start asking "how is this even a thing?!?"  A really unsatisying blend of aliens, wreckers, and rage-quitters in my (admittedly limited) experience.

Well, that seems to be a constant experience outside iRacing it seems?!

Back then in the GPL days a Monza race on open servers usually ended in a few losses right at start with the majority of the survivors finishing their race at the following first corner, Curva Grande. Chat was always fun in those races! :driving:;D

You are getting in on R3E at a great time, Nim.

I know you mentioned in another thread having been out of the sim racing loop for a bit - not sure how long you've been away exactly, so this may or may not come as a surprise to you, but it wasn't long ago when it was fashionable to debate if R3E even qualified as a sim!

The developments to the sim over the past year or so I think have really taken the legs out from under those kinds of debates though, which I think is great because the sim is a lot of fun (and it has the best sounds of any sim out there, IMO!)  Most complaints I hear recently are about the lack of VR support, but I think that is probably still a small segment (albeit a quickly growing segment) of the overall sim racing community.

When they get VR support I will try it again :)

Looking forward to all new things in Sim racing for 2017 :-)

No matter what sim it is.

About you´r experience in IRacing I had the same, I thought 

that was where the seroius stuff was going on!

Took a two year licens :nope: What aaa waist that was!!!