Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NimRud

Realistic PC System Requirements

8 posts in this topic

Hello all,

after a very long hiatus from any PC gaming activities, I just stumbled on the console version of AC and really enjoy the driving experience on my xB1 so far.

Especially the Cayman GT4 is a blast to drive!

Unfortunately it doesn' t run too well with some microstutters and the multiplay lacks private lobbies for the moment.

So I' m thinking of getting it for my old PC if I can at least run it somewhere around medium settings.

System: i7 2600k slightly oc, 16 gig RAM, GTX 770, Win10

Any chance?

Running it on PC would even allow me to use my old Fanatec equipment again.

And maybe join some of the MP events in the future.

I was (stress was) running it on a dual core 2.8 with 8 gigs of ram and a 650TI 2 gig. Mostly medium and some high. Unfortunately, the spousal unit managed to finally kill it for good last week, so it will have to be replaced some time. But it should be OK.

Jim, more than a chance - I think that rig oughta do it.

Until recently, I was running AC on a slightly nicer processor (i7-4770k) but a slightly worse GPU (gtx570).  It ran just fine...Obviously, I would say temper your expectations in terms of graphics settings as you won't be running on ultra with tons of post processing eye candy, but AC looks very good even on mid settings.

I'm on a 2500K, with a 1070 (triple screens though) and I have no issues at all with it. So you should be just fine. :thumbsup:

Thx for the replies, guys!

Just took advantage of the actual steam sale and got the whole AC package.

It runs and looks great on medium/high settings and is in general a much more polished experience on PC than it is on the console.

Definitely my favourite racing sim at the moment!:driving:

Cool!  Glad to hear it.   Nice that you can use your Fanatec gear.  I'd hate to think of that stuff languishing. :)

I'll just throw another system spec into this thread for someone's future reference:  Back until 0.8 or so, I was running it well at medium settings using an old Intel Q8200, 4GB RAM, and a GTX560.  with about 10 cars or so, ran fine.  Did not do as well with 20 cars.  I bet the current version would run better on that system, as AC is more optimized than it was in the early days.

Now running i4760 16GB and a GTX970.  Single monitor.  Runs fine.

On 27.12.2016 at 11:05 AM, NimRud said:

Definitely my favourite racing sim at the moment!:driving:

+1 :yep:

Good to see you again NimRud. Hope you can make it for our next AC series that starts late February / early March. Darren will again be the host for the series and promises to stir-up another good one.