Sign in to follow this  
Magnum

Assesta Corsa setup issue on XB1...

Magnum   

I really want to like this game, but it's conversion for console is terrible... wondering if anyone has some suggestions to make this more playable with a gamepad... and no get a wheel is not a answer. ;)

First image is their defaults which are terrible, the second is what I've been working with, and the third is another option page which I haven't changed, wondering if any settings there would help. Then a clip of the driving, which gives me a headache... nothing like the smooth pCARS or FM6 gamepad play.

11-28-2016_11-02-12_AM.png

11-28-2016_11-02-05_AM.png

11-28-2016_11-01-58_AM.png

I had the PC version of this one and Project Cars first and ran both in 4K with my ACER Nvidia G-Sync monitor.  But then I received an Xbox One for my B-day and decided to try both on the Xbox One.  AC and PC were both horrible with a gamepad. AC was the worst of the two.  So I decided to go get a Logitech 920 and Wheel Stand PRo.  Well, I find AC to be a completely different experience with a 920 and Wheel Stand Pro.  In fact, I like AC BETTER on the Xbox One with these peripherals than the same peripherals hooked to my PC.   Project Cars is about the same on both systems.   

Get a Logi 920 since you can use it with both PC and Xbox One.  Wheel Stand Pro helps immensely.  It is much better than hooking your wheel to a desktop.

When I first tired AC on the Xbox 1, I used a gamepad.  It was uncontrollable.  There is no way to fix it without a wheel.  It drives fantastic with a Logi 920. That said, I prefer Project Cars on Xbox 1 anyway.  Played 'em both again today.  AC is good on the XBox 1, but not as good as Project Cars.  AC doesn't even have wet weather and the number of tracks is pretty small.  Project Cars also has a racing view from inside your helmet.  The one thing AC does a bit better is with cars that are equipped with turbochargers, you can actually hear the turbo spool up in AC.  Project Cars doesn't model the spooling of a turbocharger.  In terms of realistic driving physics, I think they are about the same.  But a wheel is the best way to go about it, especially for AC.