Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darren_Blythe

So You Think You're Fast? AC Hotlap Challenge: Porsche Cayman GT4 @ Donington GP

8 posts in this topic

full-19230-51132-full_19230_49230_untitl

AC has an official in game app for comparing times with your Steam friends, so time to have a little fun!

You have 7 days to post your best time and see how you compare.

The next Challenge is:

Challenges > Hotlap: Porsche Cayman GT4 @ Donington GP

Note: This is an addon track. You can get it here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/donington-park.3031/

The Cayman is part of the Porsche Pack 1 DLC:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/526060/

hl.PNG

Prerequisites:

Game Settings

Launcher settings for ABS and TC must be set to FACTORY.

(once on track you can change the settings if the car allows it)

Stability OFF, Fuel ON

Penalties must be enabled

Before you can start posting laps you need to do two things (if you haven't already)

1. Activate the in game Friends Leaderbord. To do this, take to the track and move your mouse to the right hand edge of the screen to activate the apps sidebar. From here select the Friends Leaderboard (it's near the bottom)

full-19230-51130-full_19230_48487_ac_cha

You should then see a leaderboard similar to this. You can drag it round to a suitable position.

full-19230-51131-full_19230_48488_ac_cha

Once the app is active it will log your laps and list those of your Steam Friends.

2. In order to get an accurate set of comparison of times you will need to add people to your friends list. You should be able to find all of us at the SimHQ Motorsports Steam Group. Just send out friend invites to those taking part and when they accept you can see their times on your leaderboard.

I have most people already, but if you want to enter, please add me as a friend first (if you haven't already), then post a time. I'll periodically post my leaderboard in the following post so you can all see who you need to befriend. Hopefully after a short while we'll all be bosom buddies.

Have Fun!!!

The challenge is open immediately and will expire exactly 7 days from the time of this post. :)

Posted 7th Nov 22:00 GMT

I just did some laps on Donington, it's pretty nice. what's the weather and track grip settings? that's the most influencial setup for hotlaps, iirc i did 1.40s

Congrats to Archii for topping the board thus far.

Looks like a much reduced field this time round.  I'll let it run for another week while people get ready for the race on Sunday.  Let's see a few more laps on the board this week! :)

Quite busy with work and work travel. I think I won't have time for it before weekend.

Looking forward to the races!

5 hours ago, Darren_Blythe said:

Congrats to Archii for topping the board thus far.

Looks like a much reduced field this time round.  I'll let it run for another week while people get ready for the race on Sunday.  Let's see a few more laps on the board this week! :)

Very good! Could do a few laps at the beginning of the week driving Donington for the first time and yesterday. This is so much fun, I love the high speed corners. :D

I have big problems beginning with the chicane. I had laps where I managed to drive the last 3rd of the lap with -1 second but already screwed it at the beginning. But somehow I am unable to perform good at the end when the first 2/3 of the lap was good also. I am such an inconsistent driver...

Sooo, there is improvment possible for me, hehe

Congrats to Archii for hanging onto the top spot - but Grave was snapping at heels heels towards the end!

Well done guys.  Thanks for posting your times.

This week, lets see how things stack up at Thruxton.