Sign in to follow this  
nhill40

My collection - PS1/PS2/PS3/XBox/X360

nhill40   

Just doing a little cleaning up of my junk and took an inventory of all my console racing games.  Not a bad collection - some oddballs, a few classics, and a lot of in-between.  The vast majority of these games have come from the bargain bin at local retro game shops, but I still shudder to think of how much money I've blown collecting these.  :screwy:  Of course, I've also got dozens of racing game ROMs from older systems (NES, SNES, Genesis, etc), as well as a fair number of PC "abandonware" titles.

See any of your favorites in here?  Got any titles I should have an eye out for the next time I'm rummaging through the bargain bin?

PS1:

PS1.jpg

Going clockwise starting on the far left:

- Jarrett & Labonte Stock Car Racing (2000) - this one is interesting because it was sold as "TOCA World Touring Cars" in the rest of the world, but because 95% of Americans would not know WTF a "touring car" was, it was re-branded with a couple of widely recognized names from NASCAR.

- Andretti Racing (1996)

- TOCA Championship Racing (1998)

- Formula 1 (1996) - by Psygnosis

- Gran Turismo (1998) - one of the greatest video games of all time, IMHO

- Gran Turismo (1999)

PS2:

PS2.jpg

Left to right starting at top row:

- WRC World Rally Championship (2001)

- Pro Race Driver (2002) - this was "TOCA Race Driver" in the rest of the world because, again, "WTF is a 'touring car'?" :hahaha:

- Dirt to Daytona (2002) - one of the greatest racing games of all time and to this day my undisputed best "career mode" ever

- Gran Turismo 3 (2001)

- Gran Turismo 4 (2004)

- Automodellista (2002) - a near-miss on an all-time classic, IMO.  The graphics and styling of this game are too damn cool (bring it up on Youtube if you've never seen it), but the gameplay is tragically bland and ruined what could have been at least a "cult classic"

PS3:  (our cat - Pop Tart - had to get into the action on this one!)

PS3.jpg

- F1 Race Stars (2012) - this is a shameless "Mario Kart" clone from Codemasters, but it's really, really well done and a ton of fun

- NASCAR The Game: Inside Line (2012) - another in a long, sad line of forgettable NASCAR titles

- GRID (2008)

- Need for Speed Shift 2: Unleashed (2011)

- Gran Turismo 5 (2010)

- Gran Turismo 6 (2013)

- Need for Speed Shift (2009) - physics on this one start to get on your nerves after a while, but still pretty fun

XBox and X360:  (accidentally combined these into 1 pic, too lazy to fix it now!)

XB.jpg

- Project Gotham Racing 3 (X360 - 2005)

- Project Gotham Racing 4 (X360 - 2007)

- Forza Horizon (X360 - 2012)

- Project Gotham Racing (XB - 2001)

- Forza Motorsport (XB - 2005) - finally, Gran Turismo had some competition!

- F1 2010 (X360 - 2010)

- Race Driver Pro (X360 - 2009) - SimBin makes a serious effort to bring a sim to the console market...and proceeds to get panned for not being as pretty as Forza!  :hahaha:

- Baja Edge of Control (X360 - 2008) - this game is a ton of fun with really great physics.  My son and I love going head-to-head in this one, as you can really tweak the driver aids to get a good competitive race.

- Forza 4 (X360 - 2011)

- NASCAR 06: Total Team Control (XB - 2005) - yet ANOTHER in a long line of forgettable NASCAR games

- TOCA Race Driver 2 (XB - 2004) - this game is still tons of fun

- Project Gotham Racing 2 (XB - 2003)

nhill40   
13 minutes ago, Piotr said:

I want that cat!

Ha!  PM me your shipping address, I'll box him up and send him your way!  :neaner:

I'm pretty sure if he went head-to-head with a geranium in an IQ test, he would lose. :D

Actually, he's a pretty good cat.  He has his "cat moments" (like sneaking up behind me while I was getting ready for work the other morning and biting me on the leg for no apparent reason), but overall he is a laid-back and friendly little dude.