Doug Atkinson

SCES EnduRacers Series

109 posts in this topic

Shame on them for that single huge file, though : I'll have to wait untill tomorrow to give them GT a quick run :rolleyes:

Do you think they would fit for a SCES series ? :D

I find the default setups easy to drive and those engine sounds are spectacular.
Haven't had time to test drive properly of course, but this mod looks like it will be the new reference for LMP2 cars in rF2.

6 hours ago, JuGo said:

Do you think they would fit for a SCES series ? :D

If people would participate, sure.

Just finished a quick test with Oreca Nissan P2. Very positive feeling about the grip levels and DF. Nicely done and tire physics is nothing like the first release of Flat 6 mod. And a whole lot better than rF1 version if you ask me. It is a good change getting into a P2. Not a huge difference in lap times compare to GT's but fast enough to give you that cool prototype feel :)

On Saturday, October 29, 2016 at 4:31 AM, JuGo said:

Do you think they would fit for a SCES series ?

I think this would be a perfect candidate for SCES series. Especially when VEC seems to be committing  to URD mods for the near future. This mod can definitely break the ice for SCES and attract newly excited enduro racers. I actually think there is room for a regular sprint series that runs something like every other week along with an endurance series or individual (one off) endurance events that are 8H and/or 12H long.

I kinda like what P1-Simracing league is doing; 4 big events that are 12H or 24H duration, and spread in one year.   

I'am in, if it is european friendly time. (no teammember yet)

Horizon group would probably enter 3 cars, just posted the link in our site. Will know more in few days.

Kyushu Motorsport could be interested in a series, but I still can't race on saturday, that what make us not able to race as a team in any VEC/VLMS series.

So, with an idea of the format, race day and timing, we can say yes or no. 

I'll keep coming here to see how it's going on. ;)

EDIT : After testing the mod myself, I'm not sure to want to race a championship on it. 

Races around lunch time for me here in Brazil, on Saturday. Is very difficult to commit.

I am trying something new with this. Once we get 20 2-driver teams those who are interested will vote for day of the week, time, race frequency, and race lengths.

Please add your team if interested.

Impressive mod indeed. I mean the volume of cars recreated. I am not expert on rF2 but it also felt nice to drive...

9 hours ago, Piotr said:

Impressive mod indeed. I mean the volume of cars recreated. I am not expert on rF2 but it also felt nice to drive...

Piotr, do I understand you would be interested in possibly running a team?

Dumb question, but is this to be a multi class series?  Not sure if I'm looking at the mod info correctly or not, but it appears to cover both LMPs and GTs - is that right?

1 hour ago, nhill40 said:

Dumb question, but is this to be a multi class series?  Not sure if I'm looking at the mod info correctly or not, but it appears to cover both LMPs and GTs - is that right?

Yes that is correct. And with 20-car field there should be good enough split between two classes.

Multi-class planned, but it is up to the 20 teams.

Consider me a "strong maybe" at this point.  Working under the assumption the dates/times work for me, the 2 main factors for me are:

1) giving the mod an evaluation test spin (which I'll do sometime today or tomorrow)

2) finding a team/teammate (preference for the GT class, but would jump in a LMP if it came to that)

I belive SSR will be able to start at least one car.

i could join a team if anyone needed a second driver

20 hours ago, Doug Atkinson said:

Piotr, do I understand you would be interested in possibly running a team?

I need to measure how much pace I am missing, as I am sure my 'felt nice to drive' came from fact that I was driving like a grandma hehe

I am not familiar with what is involved with running a team, but if there's a shortage of 2nd drivers I might join the fun.

*reads all this stuff*:popcorn: 

I told DB and Pumbaa about the mod's release, and presto here we are.
What have I done? I'm sure it's a coincidence. <-- I choose to believe this.

I do not have a teammate but that can be fixed, by the looks of things. How long will these races be? Roughly when do you expect the last race in this series to take place (I still need to plan a vacation)? Will the races require driver swaps? What is involved in running a team?

With my current job, I can't see myself doing very long races and I can only do friday night or saturday. Preferably no more than bi-weekly or I won't have enough time to practice. I like the mod, but I need more info to be able to say if I can commit.

I think I will sit this one out - looks like you'll have plenty of numbers though, have fun!

19 minutes ago, nhill40 said:

I think I will sit this one out - looks like you'll have plenty of numbers though, have fun!

We have 8 yes and 3 maybe. Not even 50% of the grid yet. ;)

25 minutes ago, Doug Atkinson said:

Ha, seemed like more! :)

2 hours ago, Doug Atkinson said:

Doug, I am going to suggest to go with a single-driver sprint series for the time being. 90-min races maybe? There are few obvious reasons:

- Sprint-race (single driver) has better chance for a bigger grid sizes, participation is a problem atm. Plus, some drivers may have hard time forming a team

- We can start and finish the sprint-race series in a much shorter time frame. Let's say a 6-race series, races on every other week or so.

- Need to bring (attract) some of the rF2 drivers back to SHQM. This mod could be it. And towards the season-end we can post some polls about endurance racing, questioning about what ppl want to see. 

- I think this thread is a bit hidden! There are enough ppl here to make a decision on the dates, tracks and the format, but after that it needs a more exposed, proper thread.

While I'm a "maybe" (as a second driver, no idea what running a team entails) for a team series, I'd be a definite (dates and times allowing) for Jon's suggestion. It's a great mod, and I really want to get some use out of rF2.