Sign in to follow this  
Bokononist

KTM X-Bow @ VIR Full this Sunday 9th @ 1600GMT

Edited first post with race details. :)

My GFX card decided to blow up last night.  Hoping i can Frankenstein something together by Sunday otherwise i'll be on the spectator benches :(

2 hours ago, Darren_Blythe said:

Edited first post with race details. :)

My GFX card decided to blow up last night.  Hoping i can Frankenstein something together by Sunday otherwise i'll be on the spectator benches :(

That's some bad luck, is it under warranty?

archii16   

I also was experiencing issues, trying to run some AC my PC decided to update, which did not end well. Ended up reinstalling windows, I formatted everything which I wanted myself, but no more saved setups from other guys nor the saved FFB settings, so that'll need some fiddling :P

1 hour ago, arthur666 said:

Is the server up yet?  I could not find it.

It is password protected, have you got the option selected to exclude password protected servers? 

6 minutes ago, arthur666 said:

Still nuthin'. :(

Er, stuck at work can't check. @Darren_Blythe will need to confirm, but I'm guessing he is guts deep in his rig trying to sort out a gfx card at the moment. Can anyone else find the server?

OK chaps, pls make sure you are on v1.1 of the track as per the link in OP. I tried to get on and found I had the 1.0 version and got the error 'Checksum Failed'.

Yep it seems I have a lot of learning still to do around here but the track/car combo was great imo, lets keep it up and organise some more races soon.

9 minutes ago, Bokononist said:

Yep it seems I have a lot of learning still to do around here but the track/car combo was great imo, lets keep it up and organise some more races soon.

That was a lot of fun. This was my first race on a private server.  It's nice to race with people who know what they're doing for a change.

I will try and dig up a microphone for next time.  I'm not sure who it was that went off on Rollercoaster and knocked me off the track, they apologized and couldn't tell them "no worries". :) 

I was very glad Darren could join, I was worried his GFX troubles would keep him sidelined.

Oqvist   
9 minutes ago, arthur666 said:

That was a lot of fun. This was my first race on a private server.  It's nice to race with people who know what they're doing for a change.

I will try and dig up a microphone for next time.  I'm not sure who it was that went off on Rollercoaster and knocked me off the track, they apologized and couldn't tell them "no worries". :) 

I was very glad Darren could join, I was worried his GFX troubles would keep him sidelined.

I torpedoed someone on a rejoin. Was a bit disoriented didn´t know where the track was and all sudden I was in the middle of the black stuff. Good fun I have been lazy with the practise so was still experimenting how to drive that car. I did it best the first race second I was going more sideways then forward and destroyed the gearbox. Third I just couldn´t get last corner right overheating the tires and forgetting to brake at the top of the hill. 

Piotr   

Good fun yesterday. Thanks to @Bokononist for idea and @Darren_Blythe for getting server up.

During practice I was able to get my laptimes lower, but I have hit the limit at 2:00. My fastest race lap was 2:00,03. I really wanted break that barier but no luck.

Race 1 was clean and controlled. But in Race 2 and 3 I had many offs. Not sure if it was from lack of concentration or maybe I was pushing too hard to get closer to @archii16's pace.

Thanks to Bokononist for giving me a kick up the backside to get this going.  Despite the short notice it was good fun.  Thanks to those who managed to make it.

It's been a hectic year for me so that was the first time i've driven in anger for months. Forgot how much i enjoyed it.

I'm out of town for a few days at the end of this week but when i get back we'll get some proper organized racing going to take us through the winter months. :)

Brun   

Apologies for not making it. Was determined to get the new Donington update released over the weekend, and although I'd hoped to get it out the door in time for a bit of practice and some racing it was never likely to happen.

archii16   
5 hours ago, Piotr said:

Race 1 was clean and controlled. But in Race 2 and 3 I had many offs. Not sure if it was from lack of concentration or maybe I was pushing too hard to get closer to @archii16's pace.

I got caught with a suprise in both races, where people were braking in places I expected the least :) For example, the last corner, i never really brake there, only coast, and if I brake, its a tiny bit on the downhill section. That was 1 massive difference, the other one was after the back straight, the uphill bit, where everyone braked alot earlier and harder then I used to do. Maybe try these things, and you will get sub 2 minutes :).

@archii16 , I'll take any advice you throw out.  Those 2 laps where I was chasing you were the only times I've ever broken 2:01 with this combo.  Then I made a mistake in turn 3, you disappeared into the distance soon after that. :D

archii16   

Again if I find the time, I can upload a replay of a lap so you can watch closely what I am doing with the pedals(app), lines etc. At one point I was lapping 1:58s