Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bokononist

KTM X-Bow @ VIR Full this Sunday 9th @ 1600GMT

53 posts in this topic

ACVIR.png

Sunday 9th October.  Qual Starts at 4PM GMT (11AM Eastern) - Get there earlier for practice.

KTM X-Bow at VIR (Full Layout)

15 Min Qual

2 x 10 lap races

VIR V1.1 Download available from here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/virginia-international-raceway.11892/

Server Name: SimHQ Motorsports 1
Server Password: oaktree

Teamspeak Details:
http://simhqmotorsports.net/race-comms/

We will user TS server 1

If it's with a free car I'll race. I can try and drag my friend too.

9th would be awesome @Darren_Blythe.  I realise it's short notice, but if we could gauge some interest. 

Might work I can´t say before the day though. Would be great to get some Assetto corsa running. SCSS 2 :)

Scss was some of the most fun I've had in AC, would love to see that revived. 

48 minutes ago, Bokononist said:

9th would be awesome @Darren_Blythe.  I realise it's short notice, but if we could gauge some interest. 

Good.  I'm on holiday from the 15th so the 9th works for me. :D

Let me check with the boss be to make sure it doesn't clash with any other events.  In the meantime @Bokononist, would you care to select cars/event format? (maybe 2 x 20 or 30 min races?)

I'm seriously busy with work at the moment so my testing time is non existent :(

Sure, I'll take a look and see what works. 

3 hours ago, Bokononist said:

Scss was some of the most fun I've had in AC, would love to see that revived. 

Yeah and it would be much better now when Kunos fixed the car collision detection so small punts aren´t turned epic. 

I would love to join.  What time?  If it's in the morning EST, I'm in.

Is Teamspeak required?

The racing normally starts around 5pm UK time (4pm GMT) with practice sessions beforehand.  So around midday EST or earlier if you need some practice :P

TS is preferred.  You don't have to transmit but being able to listen is useful.

i am working that day but i should be able to race.. i do miss the ones Pumbaa used to sort out..

ok I'm in!  I'll get teamspeak sorted and try to join practice early just to shake things down on my end.  If we're still racing at 7pm GMT I'll have to pull out, but otherwise looking forward to it. :) 

6 minutes ago, arthur666 said:

ok I'm in!  I'll get teamspeak sorted and try to join practice early just to shake things down on my end.  If we're still racing at 7pm GMT I'll have to pull out, but otherwise looking forward to it. :) 

Unless there's a major issue we're usually done and dusted in a couple of hours max.

As long it doesnt interfear with the Japanese Grand Prix, I am all up for it! (If you guys wants that ofcourse :) ) I haven't raced in a league for a while, it'll be nice to get some competitive racing going again :)

OK, we're good to go for this Sunday (9th).  Looks like we got ourselves an insta-race :D

Will post details once Bokononist gets back to me with car/race specs.  If all else fails turn up sometime before 4PM GMT on Sunday :P

I was thinking 2x 20 min races in mx5 cups with a 15 min quali for the first race and a simple restart for the next , there was a shout for one of the original cars from Coutie, now I'm ok with that but don't have any idea's off the top of my head, as I am stuck in work until 9.00pm. Any other ideas guys? But honestly I think the MX5s would be great. If you haven't got it get it, it's cheaper than a pint of beer :cheers:

3 hours ago, arthur666 said:

F1 race will end 8 hours earlier so you can even catch a good nap ;-)

Edit: Of course I sign up.:yep:

• 1 hour ago, Bokononist said:

I was thinking 2x 20 min races in mx5 cups with a 15 min quali for the first race and a simple restart for the next , there was a shout for one of the original cars from Coutie, now I'm ok with that but don't have any idea's off the top of my head, as I am stuck in work until 9.00pm. Any other ideas guys? But honestly I think the MX5s would be great. If you haven't got it get it, it's cheaper than a pint of beer :cheers:

3 free content ideas from me

• BMW M3 E30 DTM
  • BMW 1M
  • Toyota GT86

and more...

Audi R8 Plus (2014)

Lotus Evora GTC

Ford Mustang 2015

Corvette C7 Stingray

KTM X-Bow R

and more...

Lotus 2-Eleven GT4

Abarth 595 SS

Maserati Levante (ok ;-) just for fun single race)

Ok KTM XBow is a shout, its a fun ride and the open top gives us a chance to look around, I'll do a couple of laps tomorrow to sort out laps numbers. @Darren_Blythe KTM Xbows it is, two sprint races with a 15 min Quali and Lap numbers to be confirmed.

Good shout. Love the Xbow :) now if they would just do an Aerial Atom....

Just a preliminary schedule.  All details TBC in an official post later today:

Sunday 9th October.  Qual Starts at 4PM GMT (11AM Eastern) - Get there earlier for practice.
KTM X-Bow at VIR (Full Layout)
15 Min Qual
2 x 10 lap races

VIR V1.1 Download available from here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/virginia-international-raceway.11892/

Server Name: SimHQ Motorsports 1
Server Password: oaktree
(Server will be available later today)

Teamspeak Details:
http://simhqmotorsports.net/race-comms/

We will user TS server 1

So the laps are just north of 2 mins so I think 2x10 lap races at VIR Full Course is spot on. Looking forward to this.

Lovely track in VR. Just north of 2 minutes? My best is 2:15 but half of the times the undulations mean I don´t know if next corner is a right or leftie :)

Fun little car, very tail happy. Braking is gonna be tricky, especially side by side, locks up easily. Did some running this morning on optimal settings & temps, my laptime was 1:58 but I won't get anywhere near that on the server probably.

12 hours ago, Oqvist said:

Lovely track in VR. Just north of 2 minutes? My best is 2:15 but half of the times the undulations mean I don´t know if next corner is a right or leftie :)

Yup those blind corners are tricky, I think a long session of practice would be useful for all who don't know this track already. Let's say that my 'just north of 2 mins' is at present more theoretical than actual. Once you get on the grass here it is hard to keep it together.

11 minutes ago, archii16 said:

Fun little car, very tail happy. Braking is gonna be tricky, especially side by side, locks up easily. Did some running this morning on optimal settings & temps, my laptime was 1:58 but I won't get anywhere near that on the server probably.

Tail happy is right, had to do a couple of set up changes to calm it down a bit. Nice time.

3 hours ago, Bokononist said:

Once you get on the grass here it is hard to keep it together.

Oh man... don't need to tell me about that. I have couple of friends who smoke way too much ot this stuff. They indeed have their problems to keep it together.

:neaner:

18 minutes ago, Piotr said:

Oh man... don't need to tell me about that. I have couple of friends who smoke way too much ot this stuff. They indeed have their problems to keep it together.

:neaner:

rofl