Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RSColonel_131st

Coming soon: Ferrari's Opponents 2013

10 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I'm proud to present what we've been working on the last two months. The full opposition for the RedPack Ferrari F138:

Yes, there will be all ten teams / 20 drivers, invidual 3D and sound for each, 4K liveries, appropriate driver helmets and suits. We will release both a version with equal performance for online league racing, and one with realistically graded performance for recreating the offline experience of a 2013 season.

This project comes about as a cooperation between many people; it was me who got permission to convert the well acclaimed RF2 mod of that year, but I certainly didn't have the skills. Thanks to the Italian MSF modding team who happily offered to help and two very dedicated independent skinners this conversion is very close to becoming a reality, at about 80% of the work already done.

I will keep you updated...

Cheers

Helmut

Looking great.  This will be very welcome.  Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Looks great! Looking forward to drive it, I'm a fan of open wheelers, especially F1 :)

I downloaded and tried it this morning on my new toy (Oculus). Stunning work on detailed cockpits. I hope F$O$M will leave you alone with this. I am worried becasue it does look so good. Maybe fact that it's 2013 and old engines will make them less brutal. Anyway... I rushed to download w/o delay, just in case...

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: for the idea and for execution

Thanks for the praise :)

To be honest, I don't even like the cockpits that much. Would love to see them all on the F138 level, but I think we would need one dedicated modeller per car to make that happen. What it is is solid RF2 quality from three years ago.

We considered FOM in the beginning, but figured that the very same mod has been public for RF2 for over two years. And many other F1 mods are available for AC (not full seasons, but some nice cars and skins). So, while they certainly would have a claim they hardly can drop a ton of bricks on us. Worst case the mod becomes "private"... happily shared elsewhere.

And yes, Codemasters F1 2013 isn't produced on disk anymore, and there are new seasons, new games, new regulations. Maybe that helps.