Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
F19_CoNa

rF2 moving from ISI to Studio397

7 posts in this topic

This might be the boost rF2 needs... finally.

"Today, 15th September 2016, Image Space Incorporated (ISI) announced a strategic partnership with the Dutch software group Luminis to accelerate rFactor2’s development. The partnership will be brought into a new company named Studio397.

Now hold on to your seats. Studio397 rolled out an ambitious roadmap for rFactor 2. They are planning to equip rFactor 2 with a new DX11 based graphics engine including VR support. Furthermore, they will revamp the user interface and try to increase the frequency of new car and track releases. Last but not least, Studio397 will try to recruit new strategic partners to secure the long-term development of the platform. This is more than exciting news, and might just be what the doctor ordered to get rFactor2 back on its tracks."

http://www.bsimracing.com/rfactor-2-moves-to-a-new-company-welcome-studio397/

We'll see.

My question is:  will this partnership actually bring rF2 into the modern world?  Or will we just see a few updates followed by "Hey, with all the work we've done, we now have rF3!  That'll be $60 USD plz".

Has to be done. Just VR support is like rFactor 4 already and will bring rF2 into the modern world.  It just has to be done. 

1 hour ago, LugnutUSA said:

We'll see.

My question is:  will this partnership actually bring rF2 into the modern world?  Or will we just see a few updates followed by "Hey, with all the work we've done, we now have rF3!  That'll be $60 USD plz".

I think you nailed it, Lug.

The optimist in me is really excited that rF2 may finally realize its full potential and become awesome...the pessimist (or, perhaps realist?) in me thinks this plays out as another hype-driven cash grab.

Hoping for the best, but honestly I'm expecting the worst.

Marcel has pedigree and a strong track record (pun intended).
If it can be pulled off, he is the one to do it IMO.

As always, management of the resources can make or break it. Let's see. ;)

I will wait and see. Not terribly optomistic, tbh. I will buy the new product when they ditch the asinine subscription scheme.