Sign in to follow this  
Darren_Blythe

Virginia International Raceway 1.1 Update Released

release%20header.jpg

After almost 2 years work we are very proud to release this great track for Assetto Corsa.

Virginia International Raceway (commonly known as "VIR") is a road course located in Alton, Virginia. VIR hosts amateur and professional automobile and motorcycle events, driving schools, club days, and private test rentals. It is most famous for hosting the IMSA Weathertech Sportscar Championship which takes place every August.

The track itself has been painstakingly modeled from scratch using several sources of technical data, countless photographs, hours of video footage and real world feedback from drivers and racers.

It contains all seven layouts: Full, Grand East, Grand West, North, South, Patriot & Patriot Reverse. All are fully functioning with AI. Each layout has it's own look and feel in accordance with real life. The 'Full' layout is 2016 race spec as you will see it in the Sportscar Championship/Oak Tree GP

A huge amount of effort went into this project. We hope you enjoy it.

Please take the time to check out the release notes included in the download.

Version History
V1.0 - First Public Release 09/09/2016
V1.1 - Update Release 09/19/2016

Installation
Extract the vir folder from the archive to :
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/assettocorsa/content/tracks

Credits
PM. Lead modelling and textures: Darren Blythe
Additional assets and textures: Rigel
UI Images. Research, photography, driver feedback and testing: Arthur666
Additional Camera sets: Norbs
Texture/AI improvements. Help, advice and QA: Lilski
Trackside marshal models kindly donated by Brun. Misc. RV's by TarusX
WIP Testing: Richard Thompson, Piotr, Jeremy Ingraham

Donation
If you enjoy this track please consider buying a beer for the team who have worked incredibly hard to bring this amazing track to life. Not compulsory but very much appreciated :)

VIR PayPal Donation

Brun   

Congratulations gents. Only had chance for a quick lap but it looks and drives fantastic.

I'd completely forgotten about my very minor contribution, thanks for the acknowledgment!

1 hour ago, Brun said:

I'd completely forgotten about my very minor contribution, thanks for the acknowledgment!

Couldn't have done it without ya!  - well i could - but it would have taken me an extra six months while i modeled a human that didn't look like they escaped from The Island of Doctor Moreau. :P

Much to my relief, between you and Rigel all my homo sapien requirements were satisfactorily taken care of. :)

Beautiful work Darren and all of the team who put this together, sometimes I wonder why I don't see Darren on track much anymore, it's because he's been building this, can we organise a race here soon, I am off for the next four sundays, so would be able to join, anyone intersted, seems ages since we all had a race together.

Piotr   

This Sunday I am out for family reasons, but from next ones are all good for me. Some lower power cars would be best for such a technical track, but I will enjoy whatever we choose.

Thanks guys.  Some racing will happen over the next weeks.  It's been a hectic and challenging few months for me but thankfully things are gradually returning to normal.  I was thinking the MX5 cup @ VIR would be good :)

2 hours ago, Darren_Blythe said:

Thanks guys.  Some racing will happen over the next weeks.  It's been a hectic and challenging few months for me but thankfully things are gradually returning to normal.  I was thinking the MX5 cup @ VIR would be good :)

MX5 would be a great choice.  Hopefully I will do my first SimHQ live race ever when that happens. :)

Do I need that Teamspeak thing?

On 9/16/2016 at 3:45 PM, arthur666 said:

MX5 would be a great choice.  Hopefully I will do my first SimHQ live race ever when that happens. :)

Do I need that Teamspeak thing?

Version 1.1

http://simhqmotorsports.com/downloads/motorsports/assettocorsa/tracks/VIR-release-v1.1.rar

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/virginia-international-raceway.11892/

V1.1 - 18/09/16
Complete shader rework by LilSki for improved lighting
Misc texture improvements
New AI throughout
Road edging improved
Oak Tree tyres moved off kerbing
DRS Zones for Full, Grand East & Grand West added (2 zones on Full & Grand East. 1 zone on Grand West)
Fixed wonky cambers in T3, T6 & T10
Fantastic new camset by Black Wagtail (full layout)
Bit of housekeeping on the JSON and other ini files
Minor optimizations
Fixed Patriot cam behind tent
Reduced footprint of Patriot pit apron to avoid accidental slowdown if you run wide at the last corner
Fixed a number of sticky walls
A couple of smoothing issues fixed
Some flickering textures fixed