Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nhill40

Anyone solve the post-Win 10 anniversary update stutters?

3 posts in this topic

My 970 has always run R3E on my triples using "Medium" settings without a hiccup, but Microsoft duped me into installing their stupid "anniversary update" and now I get really bad stuttering.

I've googled around and there are plenty of people purporting to have found a magic fix, but they are all over the place.  Anybody have any definitive info on a fix?

The main issue is that when installing win10 anniv, you need to check the graphics settings on the GPU again.

I set Nvidia to let the ingame settings be ruling. In some cases and depending on gpu, you might want to override ingame settings instead. That problems reoccurs every now and then when there is big updates either on the sim, the gpu software or windows updates. 

So far it has resolved it everytime for me.

Hmm, does this advice apply even if I've never messed with the settings for RaceRoom in Nvidia before?

I took the chicken's way out and rolled back the anniversary update.  I fired up RaceRoom and it's back to buttery smooth...

It's not a big deal, as the only reason I did the anniversary update is to try out Forza.  Forza looked great and was fun to turn a few laps in, but if it is between RaceRoom and goofing off in Forza, I'm going to take RaceRoom 10 times out of 10.

Maybe I'll revisit this after the Spa race, as I've lost 2 testing sessions to this issue (1 session because I was having fun screwing around in Forza, 1 session because I was flailing around trying to fix the stuttering).