Doug Atkinson

Automobilista event?

53 posts in this topic

If a race was...

held on Sunday

it was cars you liked

the race start was 1700 GMT

...would you attend?

Yes. Oui. Si. Ja. Da. Tak. Sim. Hai. Shi. Igen. Ano. 

yes. not all Sundays are free in my calendar, but still the best day for racing, by far.

I will buy Automobilista after my holiday and I am pretty sure I will be ready for some action. 

You know my answer.....would love to get something going with it.

It don´t have VR support. Have trouble shoe it in anyway.

I would like to join too. Have to use this sim for the first time sooner or later.:D

If the Sunday is free then yes. I work sometimes :(

I'd be there (hopefully)  I should have more time on my hands over the autumn/winter so need to get back into some racing.

We have 10 drivers interested. Anyone else?

Piotr
nhill40
Staniol
Matthias
F19_CoNa
Oqvist
Jon_Uyan
Angelo dos Santos
Bokononist
Darren_Blythe

If we can get 10 drivers to turn out for an AMS series, I will be very happy! :whoohoo:

23 hours ago, nhill40 said:

If we can get 10 drivers to turn out for an AMS series, I will be very happy! :whoohoo:

We need more a few more to show interest before we plan Nick. People's schedules are so crazy that if we start with 10 drivers, we'll have 7-8 on race day. And typically 1-2 of them won't be able to stay the entire 2 hours for the various small races planned. Not meaning to be cynical, but we need 15 to start planning seriously, so we're 5 drivers short at this point. But yeah, 10 drivers for 2 hours is the actual goal. :)

55 minutes ago, Doug Atkinson said:

We need more a few more to show interest before we plan Nick. People's schedules are so crazy that if we start with 10 drivers, we'll have 7-8 on race day. And typically 1-2 of them won't be able to stay the entire 2 hours for the various small races planned. Not meaning to be cynical, but we need 15 to start planning seriously, so we're 5 drivers short at this point. But yeah, 10 drivers for 2 hours is the actual goal. :)

Based on my relatively scant anecdotal experience, I think you're exactly right.

I will still dream though, cuz I think this could be a blast to finally get something going... :yep:

Version 1.1 is due out in the next several days. Soon as it arrives we'll confirm it is behaving and I'll set up an event to see if Automobilista has legs here..

Now that 1.1 is out, coming back to this. Which car and track? Suggestions please.

Not sure how many would go for it, but how 'bout Formula Vintage @ Interlagos Historic (or Kyalami)?

Vintage in Kyalami should be fun. 

I tested the MCR in Brands Hatch. Also a thinkable choice. 

Most likely I am going to just show up and drive a very conservative race so any combination is fine with me and I do like the historic versions of both tracks suggested so far.

I hate to sound pessimistic, but I'm not taking the lack of feedback on this thread as a promising sign for attracting good numbers to an AMS-based event.  :(

That would be too bad - the sim drives great and has a lot of interesting content.

Doug, I would be interested in the race as well.  Anything is good - just want to give the sim a real workout as so far, only one race 'with intent' and a total of 3 drivers only!

On 11/17/2016 at 10:24 AM, nhill40 said:

I hate to sound pessimistic, but I'm not taking the lack of feedback on this thread as a promising sign for attracting good numbers to an AMS-based event.  :(

The story of Reiza.

Without a promise, I'll try to attend as many races as possible to support the efforts.

I would be interested defo, this is a good sim and Reiza have some good thing's in store for us.