Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bokononist

Karting

7 posts in this topic

Just started to get into Karting, I have a local indoor track with 200cc Karts and have been twice in the last couple of weeks. It has been a learning curve made so much easier by my online time,  and immense fun to boot. Anyone else here race Karts in any form? I am now hopelessly addicted :yep:

That's awesome! I grew up doing it but kept growing up to the point I resemble Donkey Kong in Mario Kart, so it's been impossible to be competitive with semi-pro/pro fields for the last 15 years haha.

How's the layout of the facility there?

On 16/08/2016 at 4:30 AM, Guiga said:

That's awesome! I grew up doing it but kept growing up to the point I resemble Donkey Kong in Mario Kart, so it's been impossible to be competitive with semi-pro/pro fields for the last 15 years haha.

How's the layout of the facility there?

https://www.team-sport.co.uk/about/see-inside-tracks/

Click the link and take the virtual tour of Liverpool and you can see the whole track. 

19 hours ago, F19_CoNa said:

It's good fun even if I have not competed in it. In september Sweden will host the world championship in karting about 90km from where I live. And Rubens Barricello will also race! Guess if I will be there :)

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/125621

You'd better go now, I've just bet my house on it :yep:

I used to enjoy karting a lot, some 15-10 years ago. UnfortunatelyI am carryin too many extra kgs lately so I cannot run competitively with anyone who have an idea about vehicle dynamics and racing line :banghead: 

But last year I was invited to a 'corporate' event where there was bunch of people who had no idea about above, so I enjoyed a single afternoon of being a karting 'guru' :thumbsup:

I think I  am a fair way from being able to compete with any league kind of action, but after a couple of races I have about 1.5 secs to lose to be able to be on a par with the staff(amazingly helpful as they are) and I'll take it from there, honestly I just love it for its own sake. Don't get me wrong, I have ended up the fastest of ny more experienced friends and I'm lording it at the moment, but it is the visceral experience of it. I love sim racing so much, but it is lovely to feel the physical forces of a real race, win  or lose I always have a grin on my face when I step out of that kart.. 

I've never done serious Karting, but have done a lot of the fun Karting places.  I'm usually pretty decent and keeping momentum and running great lines, but I'm usually worried about the "no bumping" policies at most tracks and lay back just a bit...until the end and then it's on...lol..

Went to a huge indoor track with about 10 friends in Salt Lake City a few years ago.  They made us watch a video on the flag rules etc, and got a "license".  Had to wear helmets, and the gas karts were pretty quick.  A bunch of us bought a day pass and were racing many races and track configurations for the entire day.  What a blast!  Great fun running with and against friends.  A little bumping and banging ended up being okay, and we just had a great time.

Quite a few years ago I took my daughter to a kart track.  She was maybe 10-11 at the time and we both had rented karts.  We ran against about a dozen other people...and we both smoked everyone.  We ran about a 15 lap race, and had lapped EVERYONE.  She lead up to the last lap with me right on her tail the entire race, and on the last lap I tapped her bumper just a bit and scared her just enough to make my move for the win...lol.  She's got racing in her blood!