Darren_Blythe

So You Think You're Fast? AC Hotlap Challenge: F138 @ Spa

full-19230-51132-full_19230_49230_untitl

AC has an official in game app for comparing times with your Steam friends, so time to have a little fun!

You have 7 days to post your best time and see how you compare.

The next Challenge is:

Challenges > Hotlap: F138 @ Spa (F138 is part of the Red Pack DLC)

hl.JPG

Prerequisites:

Game Settings

Launcher settings for ABS and TC must be set to FACTORY.

(once on track you can change the settings if the car allows it)

Stability OFF, Fuel ON

Penalties must be enabled

Before you can start posting laps you need to do two things (if you haven't already)

1. Activate the in game Friends Leaderbord. To do this, take to the track and move your mouse to the right hand edge of the screen to activate the apps sidebar. From here select the Friends Leaderboard (it's near the bottom)

full-19230-51130-full_19230_48487_ac_cha

You should then see a leaderboard similar to this. You can drag it round to a suitable position.

full-19230-51131-full_19230_48488_ac_cha

Once the app is active it will log your laps and list those of your Steam Friends.

2. In order to get an accurate set of comparison of times you will need to add people to your friends list. You should be able to find all of us at the SimHQ Motorsports Steam Group. Just send out friend invites to those taking part and when they accept you can see their times on your leaderboard.

I have most people already, but if you want to enter, please add me as a friend first (if you haven't already), then post a time. I'll periodically post my leaderboard in the following post so you can all see who you need to befriend. Hopefully after a short while we'll all be bosom buddies.

Have Fun!!!

The challenge is open immediately and will expire exactly 7 days from the time of this post. :)

Cant go much faster in this machine, I have to learn how to make proper setups to drive this car faster. (I did use a setup, but its by no means a good one).

I hope to do my laps later this week. Fighting cold infection lately so not much energy for playing AC. Top times looks fast indeed. BTW Alonso's best in 2013 in that car was 43,3 in Qally 2. Q1 and Q3 was wet. With more rubbered track he could have maybe dropped it into 47. So laptimes in AC are quite well calibrated with real thing :thumbsup:

I use no aids. In fact I think it even makes you slower :D But for the setup, its not perfect and understeery in some corners, though the rear is very loose from time to time, if I had a greater topspeed I reckon I would get a much better time. Maybe time to read a setup manual :P

12 hours ago, archii16 said:

I use no aids. In fact I think it even makes you slower :D But for the setup, its not perfect and understeery in some corners, though the rear is very loose from time to time, if I had a greater topspeed I reckon I would get a much better time. Maybe time to read a setup manual :P

I mean Kers and DRS, I really thought an F1 car should be able to power through all its gears no problem, and DRS etc is an extra boost to pass someone, at the default setup 15 back wing this is not possible. 

31 minutes ago, Bokononist said:

I mean Kers and DRS, I really thought an F1 car should be able to power through all its gears no problem, and DRS etc is an extra boost to pass someone, at the default setup 15 back wing this is not possible. 

Well ofcourse you have to use DRS and KERS for a faster laptime.. Maybe try lowering the aero since you dont need that much

I have made first attempt this morning and  went through a shock :yep: I thought I am going quite quickly while I ended up in mid 50s.

Hat off to you guys, now I appreciate what kind of laptimes your are able to put together

Have I mentioned lately how much I hate Pouhon?

In theory all it needs is a brief lift before turning in and you can be back at 100% throttle before the second apex. Unfortunately that only happens about 1 in 20 attempts, the rest of the time I'm either off the throttle and losing momentum for far too long, or misjudge the entry completely and end up off the outside of the track.

Because Eau Rouge and Blancimont are such non-events in car like the F138 it feels like Pouhon (along with the unnamed T11 before it and the importance of a good exit from La Source) are the critical points which make or break a lap.

Reckon the time above is probably about my limit with the current setup. Might have a fettle this evening and see if I can improve it, although I usually just end up making things worse. Doesn't help that the modern F1 cars introduce new stuff like heave springs/dampers and while I understand what they do in principle, working out how that affects what happens on the track is a very different prospect.

Will have to skip this one. Still fighting cold infection and no energy to simrace after long day at work. 

Will get this combo back in some private runs when I am better. Classic challange with F1 at Spa.

This challenge has now closed.  Final leaderboard posted.

Looks like archii is making a habit of leading the pack.  Well done sir!

Thanks to everyone who posted times.

@archii16 Time to select a new combo or nominate someone.  Next challenge will start (officially) on Monday.

I nominate @Brun to select a combo, can't think of a good one right now so :)

Also, apparently you are faster if you set the temperature as cold as possible. (Maybe im an idiot and didnt knew about this, but my laptimes are not driven on the coldest temp possible). Maybe its worth mentioning in the thread?

On 13/08/2016 at 11:34 AM, archii16 said:

I nominate @Brun to select a combo, can't think of a good one right now so :)

Also, apparently you are faster if you set the temperature as cold as possible. (Maybe im an idiot and didnt knew about this, but my laptimes are not driven on the coldest temp possible). Maybe its worth mentioning in the thread?

Over to you @Brun :)

Sorry, saw this Sat morning and then completely forgot about it.

Not done Mugello for a while so how about that in the MX-5 Cup? I'd also like to suggest that the winner of the previous round has to set the temperature to 36C, or whatever the maximum is ;)

27 minutes ago, Brun said:

Sorry, saw this Sat morning and then completely forgot about it.

Not done Mugello for a while so how about that in the MX-5 Cup? I'd also like to suggest that the winner of the previous round has to set the temperature to 36C, or whatever the maximum is ;)

Bruh you do this to me :D Haha I'll take the challenge!