Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darren_Blythe

So You Think You're Fast? AC Hotlap Challenge: Ferrari LaFerrari @ Imola

20 posts in this topic

full-19230-51132-full_19230_49230_untitl

AC has an official in game app for comparing times with your Steam friends, so time to have a little fun!

You have 7 days to post your best time and see how you compare.

The next Challenge is:

Challenges > Hotlap: Ferrari LaFerrari @ Imola

hl.JPG

Prerequisites:

Game Settings

Launcher settings for ABS and TC must be set to FACTORY.

(once on track you can change the settings if the car allows it)

Stability OFF, Fuel ON

Penalties must be enabled

Before you can start posting laps you need to do two things (if you haven't already)

1. Activate the in game Friends Leaderbord. To do this, take to the track and move your mouse to the right hand edge of the screen to activate the apps sidebar. From here select the Friends Leaderboard (it's near the bottom)

full-19230-51130-full_19230_48487_ac_cha

You should then see a leaderboard similar to this. You can drag it round to a suitable position.

full-19230-51131-full_19230_48488_ac_cha

Once the app is active it will log your laps and list those of your Steam Friends.

2. In order to get an accurate set of comparison of times you will need to add people to your friends list. You should be able to find all of us at the SimHQ Motorsports Steam Group. Just send out friend invites to those taking part and when they accept you can see their times on your leaderboard.

I have most people already, but if you want to enter, please add me as a friend first (if you haven't already), then post a time. I'll periodically post my leaderboard in the following post so you can all see who you need to befriend. Hopefully after a short while we'll all be bosom buddies.

Have Fun!!!

The challenge is open immediately and will expire exactly 7 days from the time of this post. :)

Reserved for leaderboard.

lb.JPG

Last updated 3rd Aug 15:30 GMT

Thanks to RiderGT for this monster combo.  I think we'll be getting some close times :)

Good luck guys!

My 47s was a timed lap. Cobra either did his 41 on different tyres specs or he is indeed factory test driver working for Ferrari :thumbsup:

Im having issues with this car - not enjoying it so far. Ice cold tires, understeer simulator 2016

agreed

No better way to feel it than switching straight from full breed race car like P4/5 on supersoft slicks to hyper car on "trackday slicks".

After some laps you can get used to it. Just give your brain enough time to forget the previous challange hehe  

'Only' 1.1 seconds behind now. Now I have to find some magic and get 1.1 seconds faster. My excuse is that I don't like roadcars anyway :neaner:

I think Cobra's time was from this update, if you get someone that can properly drive roadcars (and that's not me, If I'm bad at something, its roadcars, even such a car as the LaFerrari) he'd match Cobra's time. Anyway, really good laptime Cobra!

Wow. Well done. I figured I may find 1 sec or 2 but not 6. I guess I am too gentle with his car. Can't help it. I cannot stop thinking how much it costs :yep:

I discovered I was able to beat riders time, untill I messed up the middle sector! Lost about 5 tenths there, I had alot of oversteer going uphill after the tricky downhill section. Only problem is I cannot replicate that lap! I still managed to go 0.330 seconds faster then my PB, only now the delta is f#cked in the first sector, really glitchy and usually I lose time there so I cant see where exactly.

Anyway, is it known yet at what tires that time is driven? Maybe im trying hard for nothing hehe :neaner:

yeah I'm gonna need the cheat you guys are using :P

But seriously, right now I'm at 1:50 and I know I can get to 1:48, but I seriously don't understand how under 1:45 is possible. Maybe I need to practice more and get used to the car more, but right now I don't see me going much faster.

Any conformation that Cobra's lap was from this update?

On 30/07/2016 at 11:45 PM, archii16 said:

Any conformation that Cobra's lap was from this update?

There no way to know for sure - but it was already on the board before we started so i suspect not.

This challenge has now closed.  Thanks to all who posted times :thumbsup:

I'm not sure how current/valid Cobra's time is - so unless he can post here to confirm - Archii is hereby declared the winner!! :band:

Many congrats.  Nice driving!

@archii16 You know the deal by now - choose a combo or nominate another driver. :yep:

@Darren - those laptimes are not updated. I got mid 45 two days ago :neaner:

Well done, Archi:thumbsup:

I have no idea where did you find so much. I think I could have work on to get into mid high 44, but that's it.

39 minutes ago, Piotr said:

@Darren - those laptimes are not updated. I got mid 45 two days ago :neaner:

Strange.  I captured them from the game just a couple of hours ago :confused:

Well, since there's a new DLC (for a while now actually), I'd like to do the Ferrari F138. For the track, @Darren_Blythe can choose one! (as for the suggestion, I was thinking about Hockenheim or Hungaroring, because those 2 were the recent races of F1, but both tracks are mods and do not have DRS zones (so, that means unlimited DRS))

Thanks Archii.  Well get back with a selection tomorrow :)

next F1 stop on calendar is...Spaaaaaaa!!!!! please...:yep::yep::yep:

working DRS zone:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Piotr said:

next F1 stop on calendar is...Spaaaaaaa!!!!! please...:yep::yep::yep:

working DRS zone:thumbsup:

I actually will be there that weekend :D

as for the track, too many straights, too little corners to gain a advantage :( just kidding :P The reason I didnt say Spa is cuz I thought a otber track would suit it better. I mean Spa is good but alot of straights and I feel braking and the line is a (odd) really important factor for laptime. (Well it always is but hopefully you get what i mean. Its the compromise between momentum and line which makes it challenging in some corners I guess)

Sorry for the delay.  Been away with work all day.   I like the idea of the 138 at Spa.  Will set that up first thing in the morning.

Feel free to get some times on the board in the meantime :D