Darren_Blythe

So You Think You're Fast? AC Hotlap Challenge: Tatuus FA01 @ Magione

full-19230-51132-full_19230_49230_untitl

AC has an official in game app for comparing times with your Steam friends, so time to have a little fun!

You have 7 days to post your best time and see how you compare.

The next Challenge is:

Challenges > Hotlap: Tatuus FA01  @ Magione

hl.JPG

Prerequisites:

Game Settings

Launcher settings for ABS and TC must be set to FACTORY.

(once on track you can change the settings if the car allows it)

Stability OFF, Fuel ON

Penalties must be enabled

Before you can start posting laps you need to do two things (if you haven't already)

1. Activate the in game Friends Leaderbord. To do this, take to the track and move your mouse to the right hand edge of the screen to activate the apps sidebar. From here select the Friends Leaderboard (it's near the bottom)

full-19230-51130-full_19230_48487_ac_cha

You should then see a leaderboard similar to this. You can drag it round to a suitable position.

full-19230-51131-full_19230_48488_ac_cha

Once the app is active it will log your laps and list those of your Steam Friends.

2. In order to get an accurate set of comparison of times you will need to add people to your friends list. You should be able to find all of us at the SimHQ Motorsports Steam Group. Just send out friend invites to those taking part and when they accept you can see their times on your leaderboard.

I have most people already, but if you want to enter, please add me as a friend first (if you haven't already), then post a time. I'll periodically post my leaderboard in the following post so you can all see who you need to befriend. Hopefully after a short while we'll all be bosom buddies.

Have Fun!!!

The challenge is open immediately and will expire exactly 7 days from the time of this post. :)

Piotr   

Well, already busy with laptimes. It will be confusing as we don't know when those laptimes were registered. We all know that laptimes were changing when AC were moving from version to version. And I think  this car/track combo existed in AC from the very first days of Early Access in 2014.

Anyway, I have never tried that combination so I look forward to practice.

archii16   
3 minutes ago, Piotr said:

Well, already busy with laptimes. It will be confusing as we don't know when those laptimes were registered. We all know that laptimes were changing when AC were moving from version to version. And I think  this car/track combo existed in AC from the very first days of Early Access in 2014.

Anyway, I have never tried that combination so I look forward to practice.

I did this laptime yesterday, improved it by 0.150 today ;)

BrianB   

Hi guys, another new driver here :)

My steam is in my signature, so add me if you want. This is what I got so far:

times.png

LilSki   

Gave it a good run tonight. We will see who comes out on top in the morning I guess. There is some more time out there I think but I was getting tired and making stupid mistakes.

Nice times yall.  I am out of town, and though I'll try a few laps with a gamepad on my laptop, I don't think I want my time up there. :P

See you all next week. :)

archii16   

This car does not suit me (even though I chose it!!), part of it is me lacking setup knowledge. The car is understeering way too much for my liking, I prefer neutral/oversteer :) You used default setup Jon? Nice laptime anyway.

archii16   

Ive worked quite hard on my lines and adapt to the understeer of the car, and managed to sqeeuze out 6,5 tenths of my personal best. Still the same setup as the one I drove the old PB with, but I start to understand the car a little bit better :)

Barely leading the charge at the moment: 0.150 seconds in front of Jon

Brun   
On 30/06/2016 at 11:30 PM, Oqvist said:

If I can just get AC running with my Rift I guess I will see if I can be competitive with it :)

Just got my Vive yesterday. Resolution is pretty crap as expected but compared to my old, slow IPS triple screens a low latency 90Hz panel is a revelation. Definitely catching the rear end in situations where I'd have lost it before. Not sure if I'm any quicker for it tho :)

Oqvist   
8 hours ago, Brun said:

Just got my Vive yesterday. Resolution is pretty crap as expected but compared to my old, slow IPS triple screens a low latency 90Hz panel is a revelation. Definitely catching the rear end in situations where I'd have lost it before. Not sure if I'm any quicker for it tho :)

Can try laborate with this if you have the horsepower http://www.roadtovr.com/how-to-improve-your-htc-vive-image-quality-with-supersampling-pixel-density-tweak/

This tool make it even simpler https://m.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/4q4bu3/update_chaperone_switcher_on_the_fly/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true

I got a X 1080 also with this I am hitting my 90 fps but it don´t appear to run as smooth anyway. But it did help with a lot of the crazyness going on with the guard rails, fenches etc and felt a bit sharper. 

I set a time not sure it´s legal as it was marked red but maybe they are? Car feels odd not used to the Formulas :)

Jon_Uyan   

2 hours ago, Oqvist said:

Car feels odd not used to the Formulas

The plank (center of the car bottom) is very low on this car and needs to be adjusted depending on which track you are on, try raising the height to avoid bottoming out especially if you are running softer springs. Also this car likes high DF on twisty tracks. 

In general I'm disappointed with AC's damper adjustments, and it is so obvious with this car-track combination. Slow or fast bump/rebound adjustments have very very small effect on the chassis handling when trying to fix oversteer/understeer problems. This is causing a lot of frustration as it is repetitive with every other car also.  

Piotr   

This combo prooves really difficult for me. The track is a bit claustrophobic and the car seems to shake  a lot. A bit too much for my eyes, I am getting dizzy to be honest...:screwy: I think I will increase FOV, maybe the shaking will be less visible then.

Anyone recorded a replay of a hot lap? Ii would save some time to get to find out which kerbs could be driven on and which should be avoided.  Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Bags   

I just can't get past 1.09.141! I have no idea where the extra time is lol. stilll at least its getting closer to the leaders... i think i am slowly getting better .. maybe

This challenge has now closed.  Massive congrats to Archii! :thumbsup::band:

Pretty close at the top.  Well done guys.  Thanks to all who posted times.  Jon was so close!

Due to a family bereavement and forthcoming funeral, I will be away for a several days over the next couple of weeks.  Due to this, the format for the next challenge will be slightly different:

The next SYTYAF will commence next Monday (11th) and run for a period of TWO weeks

@archii16 Please select another combo (or nominate someone to choose on your behalf)

:thumbsup:

Piotr   

I am sorry for your loss, Darren. Take the time and be with your family.  

This thing here is least important now. We really appreciate you do visit this thread in such a difficult time.

archii16   

I am sorry for you, Darren.

As for the challenge I nominate Jon for his laptime, it took me some work because at one point I was half a second down!

3 hours ago, archii16 said:

I am sorry for you, Darren.

As for the challenge I nominate Jon for his laptime, it took me some work because at one point I was half a second down!

Sound good.  Over to you @Jon_Uyan :)

Jon_Uyan   

Sorry to hear about your loss Darren.

@Archii, thx for the offer, I'll take it. And congratulations, you've proven yourself as alien for sure, very good talent. I'll post the combo tonight (12 hrs from now)

Jon_Uyan   

Next competition proposal: P4/5 Competizione 2011 @ Vallelunga Classic.  This is the shorter version of the track that I think has a good flow and good DF compromise between straights and twisty 3rd sector. As an opening bid I have clocked 1:12.858 after very quick setup changes and only 5 laps. This will require some setup tweaking for sure. 9/35 final drive ratio seems to be the right one for the layout. Good luck everyone. 

archii16   

I changed the gear ratio to what Jon said, and it seems it suits it perfectly, as you said. Did a run on the supersofts with low fuel, I gotta say I dont understadn why I didnt drive this car more often. Its a real challenge with the tires getting really hot, it has really good turn aswell which suits me. Drove it for a couple of laps, changed the diff and the gear ratio.

Laptime: 1:11.804 (Supersoft tires)