Darren_Blythe

So You Think You're Fast? AC Hotlap Challenge: F. Renault 3.5 @ Spielberg GP

full-19230-51132-full_19230_49230_untitl

AC has an official in game app for comparing times with your Steam friends, so time to have a little fun!

You have 7 days to post your best time and see how you compare.

The next Challenge is:

Challenges > Hotlap: Formula Renault 3.5 (Default upgrades) @ Spielberg (GP)

Note: This is an addon car and track. You can get them here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/formula-renault-3-5-2014-season.6951/

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/spielberg.6437/

hl.JPG

Use the default upgrade which is the medium downforce package.

Prerequisites:

Game Settings

Launcher settings for ABS and TC must be set to FACTORY.

(once on track you can change the settings if the car allows it)

Stability OFF, Fuel ON

Penalties must be enabled

Before you can start posting laps you need to do two things (if you haven't already)

1. Activate the in game Friends Leaderbord. To do this, take to the track and move your mouse to the right hand edge of the screen to activate the apps sidebar. From here select the Friends Leaderboard (it's near the bottom)

full-19230-51130-full_19230_48487_ac_cha

You should then see a leaderboard similar to this. You can drag it round to a suitable position.

full-19230-51131-full_19230_48488_ac_cha

Once the app is active it will log your laps and list those of your Steam Friends.

2. In order to get an accurate set of comparison of times you will need to add people to your friends list. You should be able to find all of us at the SimHQ Motorsports Steam Group. Just send out friend invites to those taking part and when they accept you can see their times on your leaderboard.

I have most people already, but if you want to enter, please add me as a friend first (if you haven't already), then post a time. I'll periodically post my leaderboard in the following post so you can all see who you need to befriend. Hopefully after a short while we'll all be bosom buddies.

Have Fun!!!

The challenge is open immediately and will expire exactly 7 days from the time of this post. :)

Hooray, breifly on top atm, won't last I'm sure....Good car though, could be good for an event.  Lovely track too.

3 hours ago, Bokononist said:

Hooray, breifly on top atm, won't last I'm sure....Good car though, could be good for an event.  Lovely track too.

Hmmm, i can't see you on there Ben.  Are you using correct car/track/upgrades?

Hmm, I should be there too, as of 15 hours ago...

@Bokononist, did you see DaArthur on your leaderboard?  ( I can't check mine for another few hours.)

EDIT:  Oops: I jumped in with the RSR car last night, neglecting the change to Renault 3.5 in last post of previous thread.  :reading:

Fun circuit!  Damn you, SYTYF:  Between this and Lotus 72 @ Brands , you're making me appreciate some winged cars.

Hi guys, I read  'Use the default upgrade which is the medium downforce package. ' which I took to mean don't change anything, I am using the car in it's default state, and yes @arthur666 you are on the board that I saw along with one other. So do I need to go to the tool thingy and apply 'medium downforce upgrade' or something. My time is around 1.20.4 so seems in range of the times on the board so far....

18 hours ago, Darren_Blythe said:

Hmmm, i can't see you on there Ben.  Are you using correct car/track/upgrades?

16 hours ago, arthur666 said:

Hmm, I should be there too, as of 15 hours ago...

@Bokononist, did you see DaArthur on your leaderboard?  ( I can't check mine for another few hours.)

EDIT:  Oops: I jumped in with the RSR car last night, neglecting the change to Renault 3.5 in last post of previous thread.  :reading:

Fun circuit!  Damn you, SYTYF:  Between this and Lotus 72 @ Brands , you're making me appreciate some winged cars.

did you guys used clean installs of track and car mods from links provided by Darren?

maybe you had some previous versions already installed, and there some some old file left

Clean install for me in both cases, I've never had either of these mods before. Very strange. @Darren_Blythe do I need to actively pick the 'Medium Downforce Upgrade' or is that the default? 

Clean install for me in both cases, I've never had either of these mods before. Very strange. @Darren_Blythe do I need to actively pick the 'Medium Downforce Upgrade' or is that the default? 

I'm fairly sure it's the default. Just go into the upgrades and make sure it's set to the icon that doesn't have L or H on it.

df.JPG

Also on the loading screen it should say "Formula Renault 2014 MDF"

I am also not seeing you guys. Only Jon and Len displayed on my side.

Well it's either car mod, track mod or something with the app.

To test it I recorded single laps in following combos of mod and stock content;

BMW Z4 GT3 at Spielberg

F. Renault 3.5 MDF at Silverstone National

BMW Z4 GT3 at Silverstone National

If you guys find to do the same maybe we will point out the element that causes trouble.

2 hours ago, Darren_Blythe said:

I'm fairly sure it's the default. Just go into the upgrades and make sure it's set to the icon that doesn't have L or H on it.

df.JPG

Also on the loading screen it should say "Formula Renault 2014 MDF"

Thanks Darren, I haven't changed anything so it should still be there, unless it's on HDF by default, I have to say this car feels quite sticky. I will check later. 

As of last night (14 hrs ago) I did not see anybody's name on the list. I'll try to post some times with GT3 cars too, and see what happens. 

Was going to keep quiet about my feelings of this unoptimized pile of a track but it pissed me right off when I saw one of my textures on this track. It's a stupid little texture that took me all of 5 minutes to make but that is not the point. He wasn't even smart enough to figure out how to make the road sand (my texture) disappear as the track rubbers up. He also has kunos assets all over this thing such as the paddock vehicles.

Can't wait until the official Red Bull ring so I never have to hear about this ripped pile of a track ever again.

I was making decent headway on lap times until I realized what I saw and gave up.

On a final note many people know I am very open with my stuff and all it would have taken was a quick PM to ask if he could use it.

Anyway sorry I just had to vent. Sorry if I broke any rules.

4 hours ago, LilSki said:

Was going to keep quiet about my feelings of this unoptimized pile of a track but it pissed me right off when I saw one of my textures on this track. It's a stupid little texture that took me all of 5 minutes to make but that is not the point. He wasn't even smart enough to figure out how to make the road sand (my texture) disappear as the track rubbers up. He also has kunos assets all over this thing such as the paddock vehicles.

Can't wait until the official Red Bull ring so I never have to hear about this ripped pile of a track ever again.

I was making decent headway on lap times until I realized what I saw and gave up.

On a final note many people know I am very open with my stuff and all it would have taken was a quick PM to ask if he could use it.

Anyway sorry I just had to vent. Sorry if I broke any rules.

Hey LilSki why don't you be the bigger man and PM him? I know it must be frustrating, but it has to be more constructive than just venting here. Just a suggestion, no flames please....:exitstageleft:

Somehow I followed the link the other day and have a Dallara, I went back and now have the correct car...god knows how that happened.

Edit I have a feeling that people have doe the same as me somehow and have the same (wrong) car, go to the above link, it is working correctly now.

Looks a bit better now :)

Unfortunately I have a bit of a family emergency so I won't be in a position to post any leaderboard updates until Sun PM. 

If anyone wants to post a LB between now and then, please feel free.

Sure thing Darren, just PM me your admin password and  I'll 'look after' things till you get back :ahoy:

3 hours ago, Bokononist said:

Hey LilSki why don't you be the bigger man and PM him? I know it must be frustrating, but it has to be more constructive than just venting here. Just a suggestion, no flames please....:exitstageleft:

Yeah I might just to see what he says. If I had done that last night it wouldn't have been the most productive and I felt it was semi harmless to vent here. Just had a rough day yesterday and that was enough to send me over the edge. I've calmed down now so I'll drop him a line. Depending on how he responds depends if I run more laps or not.

6 hours ago, Bokononist said:

my god that's an insane time, Hi Archie, did you find a shortcut? :)

20 hours ago, Piotr said:

nice lap, archii!

you introduced yourself very well, welcome to the club!:yep:

Thanks! No shortcuts involved in here! :) Actually, this is not my personal best! I set my fastest laptime when I restarted session after I went offtrack in the session before that, thus meaning that the performance still didnt count (it transferred over from the last session) . My personal best is around 1:15.6, all with stock setup. I do really enjoy the car (only its not getting updated :( )

Yes, Archii is a fastest young gun from SDG league, I've invited him over to show us his skills but I didn't think he will be up 2.5 seconds on me. :)  I did have only one go on this challenge unfortunately, don't have spare time these days thanks to Euro 2016 matches. Hope we'll have more participation from SDG guys here. They will be coming over for the SCES Endurance championship.

This challenge has now closed.  It looks like archii has nailed this one!! Congratulations (and welcome!) :band:

(BTW.  You need to add me to your Steam friends so you appear on the 'official' leaderboard)

Thanks to everyone who posted times.  Looks like this combo went down well.  Thanks Piotr. :thumbsup:

@archii16 Would you like to pick the next combo? (You can keep the same car if you like  - or switch to something else. Your choice)