Sign in to follow this  
gongo2k1

GTR3 Pack on Sale!

F19_CoNa   

Got all cars, but missing some skins. Well, the 252 vRP it costs me might it be worth ;)

gongo2k1   
7 hours ago, Oqvist said:

Wait for next 50 % sale ;)

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. I have 1 GTR3 livery for each of the ADAC 2014 cars so I'm good for now, but I have been planning on getting the Ruf and the GTR for sure. I liked the P4 when I test drove it and the new liveries for the Mustang look great so I'll definitely pick up the pack in the next month or two. I already spent some money on R3E this month so I need to play on the stuff that I own first before buying anything new.

I think the GTR3 pack will be a great seller for R3E but now I don't see any point in buying ADAC 2013/2015 or GTR2 packs. The ADAC 2014 experience will probably do alright since it bundles a few more tracks than the 2013 pack and is a complete "experience", but I was actually planning on picking up the GTR2 pack eventually since I like the Caddy and the Bimmer. Now it seems like it would just be a waste since no one runs the GTR2 online anyway.

On 26/05/2016 at 4:07 AM, gongo2k1 said:

Now it seems like it would just be a waste since no one runs the GTR2 online anyway.

Yeah that's a big problem with this pricing model... That and when they drop the prices to allow a more inclusive online experience, they bring out new packs with slight changes with a new year attached and it turns exclusive as those who have the new stuff want to race it, whilst those that don't can't, splintering the field further...

Until there's some changes made there, and it seems they make enough coin this way, I don't see it becoming a decent online option, especially with all the austerity measures going on globally... 

gongo2k1   
11 hours ago, Pumbaa666 said:

Yeah that's a big problem with this pricing model... That and when they drop the prices to allow a more inclusive online experience, they bring out new packs with slight changes with a new year attached and it turns exclusive as those who have the new stuff want to race it, whilst those that don't can't, splintering the field further...

Until there's some changes made there, and it seems they make enough coin this way, I don't see it becoming a decent online option, especially with all the austerity measures going on globally... 

Agree 100%. I picked up the NSU Prinz TTS because I like driving it and it's enough fun offline that I don't care if no one ever runs online races with it (and it's cheap too). I absolutely *love* the Audi Sport TT Cup car, but almost no one runs it because everyone is wrapped up in theTCOne competition with the WTCC 2015 cars. The TTRS VLN is coming soon and then that's the end of the TT Cup car for online, because everyone will only run the new stuff.

On top of that you have stuff like DTM 92/Touring Classics and GTR2 that are still on the old physics model. They've promised an update of the Group A cars to the new physics model, but there's no clear indication anywhere which cars are up-to-date and which aren't - it's all just tribal knowledge on the forums.