Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
F19_CoNa

Will you install Forza 6?

Forza 6 on PC, What are the general feelings from the community?   34 members have voted

1. 1. Will you install and run Forza 6 on your pc?

• Yes, for sure! I have been waiting for this day to come
    • Yes, a free game is a free game and I can enjoy it regardless.
    • Yes, will at least try it out, if it's no good I will just remove it.
    • Not sure yet, will wait for the reviews
    • Nope, this is just a trick to get me over to windows 10.....I was perfectly happy with XP to be honest.
    • Console portover.....Meh, not on my SIM rig
    • Begone thou foul creature of the dark, you shallt not pass the threshold of my PC

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 posts in this topic

Stealing Skatezillas thread a bit. 

I'll be getting it, since I'm on Win10 anyway. Even if I don't take it seriously, it should be good for some entertainment at least. :) And if it's pants, well, it was still worth the price of admission. :P

I will for sure, love the series... for what it is... IMO it's not really a "racing sim" in the likes of others but a very good car collecting and racing GAME. Just know that for the new installers and you won't be disappointed.

I am more afraid of the quality of the ports... Quantum break is running 4/5 on the refresh rate and a lot of oddities. Loading times from Mordor. Will for sure check it out I do have Forza 6 on xbox one though I have hard finding time for it.

I've got a Xbox 360 controller so I'll try it out the way it's meant to be played since I doubt that the wheel support will be there.

I'm on win8 and not keen on win10 until it works on more of what I use...

I don't think I'll take the plunge:

1) No FFB

2) Like Pumbaa, I'm not ready to take the Windows 10 plunge on my gaming PC.

I could probably get over one of those, but not both.

I have been perusing Craigslist for used Xbox One's, though...

I'll preface this by saying that I'm a Linux dev/DBA so I only use Windows 10 at home for games and media consumption, not for any sort of "serious" development work.

I'm constantly hearing about this "until it works with all of my games" excuse, but I haven't heard of any specific examples? I'm just curious as to what you're running that's incompatible because I ran Win 10 all through the beta in late 2014/early 2015 and had no compatibility issues. I built my current gaming machine in Nov 2015 and have been running the following games on Windows 10 without any issues:

Assassins Creed: Syndicate
Rainbox Six Siege
rFactor 2
Automobilista
Stock Car Extreme
RaceRoom Racing Experience
Dirt 3 Complete Edition
GRID Autosport
BeamNG Drive
Arma 3
Insurgency
Spec Ops: The Line
Heroes of the Storm
X-Wing Alliance
Castle Crashers
Gunpoint
Mark of the Ninja
Ronin
Gauntlet
Super Hexagon
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Mirror's Edge
Mount & Blade: Warband
Torchlight 2
Star Wars Empire at War
Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition
Company of Heroes

I'm sure there are a couple games I'm forgetting, but it's a substantial list of games that covers many genres. I have a lot more games in my Steam library and I haven't played many RTS games lately, but I haven't had any issues with anything that I've been using on Windows 10. As far as peripherals, I use the following under Windows 10:

TrackIR 5 (even the old mouse emulator still works)
Xbox 360 controller (of course)
Xbox 360 headset (works great with TeamSpeak 3)
Logitech G25 (no problems using the old Logitech Gaming Software 5.10 profiler)
Renovatio SRD-9c
Logitech C310 Webcam (works fine with Nvidia ShadowPlay too)
Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS (yes, Foxy still works in Windows 10 and I can upload new macros and calibrations just fine)

As far as software, there are only a few programs I use on my gaming machine:

Audacity
Avidemux
Sublime Text 3
VLC
Chrome

When it comes to my Surface 3, the main issues with Windows 10 hardware compatibility and power management have (finally) been resolved. But as far as my gaming machine, I've never had any issues getting my games to run. So, like I said, I'm really curious to find out what games you're having issues running in Windows 10? Or am I just the luckiest Windows 10 user of all time that everything just happens to work for me? I mean, I also had a "stable" experience on Windows ME back in the day while everyone complained that nothing worked, so I guess anything is possible.

If you don't want to run Windows 10 because you're happy where you are, then great. But I see this rampant spread of Windows 10 game compatibility FUD and wonder which games aren't running on Windows 10?

Yeah it´s been running fine. Now Microsoft try to lock us in to make DX 12 exclusive to windows 10 so soon it will rather be the other way around. I could easilly see Forza 7 being DX 12 exclusive. 

Gongo, your point is well-taken.  I am a software dev, so my weekday life is pure OSX/Linux...but when I come home, I have a Windows 10 laptop and a Windows 7 gaming machine.  I've honestly had no problems with the Windows 10 laptop (upgraded from Windows 8), but I do very little on that box outside of web browsing.

My reluctance to upgrade the Windows 7 machine is pure & simple FUD fueled by a healthy mistrust of Microsoft.  :)

I am sort of attached to Windows 7 for the simple fact that it is the most recent MS OS that I've been able to tolerate long enough to actually get halfway comfortable with!  Microsoft has that weird alternating pattern going though, so if that pattern holds true Windows 10 should be pretty decent.

Eff it, I'm taking the plunge.  I'm going to start the upgrade process.

The Windows 10 upgrade went fine, BTW.  I can't say I've run *everything* yet, but so far, so good.  I think Gongo is likely right in that, for the most part, compatibility fears are being drastically overblown.  It looks like Microsoft has taken a page out of the Apple playbook, as this upgrade was very similar to what it would be like to upgrade OSX versions.

As far as Forza 6 goes, I'm probably going to hold off.  I invested a fair amount of time into researching it over the weekend (seriously enough that I was pricing out a used Xbox One), but in the end it's just not tripping my trigger.  It looks absolutely gorgeous and very fun in it's own way, but from a driving perspective, the way the physics are being described sounds a bit too much like what has made Forza 4 (the latest Forza I own) little more than an occasional curiosity for me.

I will probably hold out and re-evaluate when I see what GT7 has in store when it finally comes out in 2025.

Either that, or keep hoarding my money for a new video card/triples setup...

Ha, when you go to your 980, you can sell me your 970!  :P

I have a self-imposed rule to not buy a new video card until I can afford double my performance (as measured per a benchmarking site) - I'm still rocking a GTX 570, which I got a really good deal on back in the day and it's honestly been one of the best cards I've ever owned in terms of how much mileage I've gotten out of it without really having any performance complaints.

GTX 970 is probably what I'll go with next, but they are priced just out of my reach (well...I could afford it, but it would probably trigger a compensatory Pottery Barn trip from my wife, so no thanks on that!)

I ran my GTX 295 for a few years before upgrading to a GTX 680, then I ran that for a few years before upgrading to the GTX 970 just 6 months ago. The plan was to keep the GTX 970 for a few years too, but I upgraded from my old 30" 2560x1600 monitor to a 34" 3440x1440 monitor and am finding that I may have underestimated the amount of grunt needed to push the display. Being single helps with these things as I don't have to worry about the wife needing an equivalent dose of retail therapy. ;)

Just FYI...beta is in the store NOW.

I'll see if I can load it up tonight.

Looks good... no MP or wheel support (so I hear)... I used a gamepad, just to show...settings are default HIGH, ultra gave me a low warning...

used the in game screen capture and Windows 10 in game video capture. not edited, just a quick show.

Forza Motorsport 6_ Apex (Beta) 5_5_2016 18_53_31.png

Egads - that FOV! :nope:  What were they thinking?

It is a gorgeous game, though.

Didn't expect any change, but I see the AI is still some of the dirtiest, and stupid-est... lol

looks good thou, too few tracks, and coins needed to unlock, got to play either a lot of dumb 2 lap races or probably buy coins later... it's free, so whatever. ;)

Forza Motorsport 6_ Apex (Beta) 5_6_2016 07_20_07.png

Forza Motorsport 6_ Apex (Beta) 5_6_2016 07_23_59.png

Forza Motorsport 6_ Apex (Beta) 5_6_2016 07_24_14.png

Quick tip for anyone trying this, if you turn off the adaptive graphics mode, you get to tweak all the various graphics settings.

Just FYI... a premium version was released today... 3 DLC's for 16 bucks... 1 new track, the other are cars... needs a lot more tracks for me to pay for any of this, IMO. (since I already have it on XB1.)