Darren_Blythe

So You Think You're Fast? AC Hotlap Challenge: Nissan GTR GT3 @ BarcelonaGP

full-19230-51132-full_19230_49230_untitl

AC has an official in game app for comparing times with your Steam friends, so time to have a little fun!

You have 7 days to post your best time and see how you compare.

The next Challenge is:

Challenges > Hotlap: Nissan GT-R GT3 @ Barcelona GP

HOTLAP.JPG

Prerequisites:

Game Settings

Launcher settings for ABS and TC must be set to FACTORY.

(once on track you can change the settings if the car allows it)

Stability OFF, Fuel ON

Penalties must be enabled

Before you can start posting laps you need to do two things (if you haven't already)

1. Activate the in game Friends Leaderbord. To do this, take to the track and move your mouse to the right hand edge of the screen to activate the apps sidebar. From here select the Friends Leaderboard (it's near the bottom)

full-19230-51130-full_19230_48487_ac_cha

You should then see a leaderboard similar to this. You can drag it round to a suitable position.

full-19230-51131-full_19230_48488_ac_cha

Once the app is active it will log your laps and list those of your Steam Friends.

2. In order to get an accurate set of comparison of times you will need to add people to your friends list. You should be able to find all of us at the SimHQ Motorsports Steam Group. Just send out friend invites to those taking part and when they accept you can see their times on your leaderboard.

I have most people already, but if you want to enter, please add me as a friend first (if you haven't already), then post a time. I'll periodically post my leaderboard in the following post so you can all see who you need to befriend. Hopefully after a short while we'll all be bosom buddies.

Have Fun!!!

The challenge is open immediately and will expire exactly 7 days from the time of this post. :)

Hoping to get some time to get down and shave some more time off over the next couple of days, is there anyone else who wants to throw their hat into the ring?

I'm was in (DaArthur), but out for the next week.  Rig is going into storage for a hell week of studying and work.  Better to not have the temptation. :P

I shortened my lap by another second, on hard tires.  Couldn't get as good a time with softs  (???).  So I must be over-driving, I guess?

I brought my PB to 1:48,4 but I don't have enough left in me to challange Ben's 'alien laptime'. Hope you save a replay, Ben. If so please post it, as I have no idea where to find that time. I must be doing something wrong with line I take in some corners.

I feel that if I would dial some of TC out and strike a perfect lap with less assiting TC and I could (big maybe) dip into high 47s. But there still would be a full second left to find :banghead:

Awesome lap, Ben. :thumbsup:

I think I just got lucky with that lap. Anyway here's my replay and my setup : Nissan_Barcelona

Its the last lap

I got the biggest change, by changing the gears and the front ARB

TC and abs was on 6.

Thanks, Ben:thumbsup:

Tried it. Was up few tenths but I blew every lap in sector 3. Not an easy thing to keep fast with such a low TC and ABS. Well done.

This challenge has now closed.  Final leaderboard posted.  Massive congrats to Ben for an absolutely stormin' lap.  Well done. :thumbsup:

You get to nominate the next combo :)

Closed? I just took a second and a half off my time by following Bens advice and turning abs and tc down. The car was so much more fun set like that. Impressive winning time :thumbsup:

Letting me nominate the next one can be perilous, I really had to fight the urge to say the Nordschleife.

Instead I settled for Zandvoordt and the Lotus 2 Eleven GT4