Sign in to follow this  
Darren_Blythe

So You Think You're Fast? AC Hotlap Challenge: Mustang @ Blackcat Long

full-19230-51132-full_19230_49230_untitl

AC has an official in game app for comparing times with your Steam friends, so time to have a little fun!

You have 7 days to post your best time and see how you compare.

The next Challenge is:

Challenges > Hotlap: Ford Mustang 2015 @ Black Cat County Long

stang.JPG

Prerequisites:

Game Settings

Launcher settings for ABS and TC must be set to FACTORY.

(once on track you can change the settings if the car allows it)

Stability OFF, Fuel ON

Penalties must be enabled

Before you can start posting laps you need to do two things (if you haven't already)

1. Activate the in game Friends Leaderbord. To do this, take to the track and move your mouse to the right hand edge of the screen to activate the apps sidebar. From here select the Friends Leaderboard (it's near the bottom)

full-19230-51130-full_19230_48487_ac_cha

You should then see a leaderboard similar to this. You can drag it round to a suitable position.

full-19230-51131-full_19230_48488_ac_cha

Once the app is active it will log your laps and list those of your Steam Friends.

2. In order to get an accurate set of comparison of times you will need to add people to your friends list. You should be able to find all of us at the SimHQ Motorsports Steam Group. Just send out friend invites to those taking part and when they accept you can see their times on your leaderboard.

I have most people already, but if you want to enter, please add me as a friend first (if you haven't already), then post a time. I'll periodically post my leaderboard in the following post so you can all see who you need to befriend. Hopefully after a short while we'll all be bosom buddies.

Have Fun!!!

The challenge is open immediately and will expire exactly 7 days from the time of this post. :)

Reserved for Leaderboard.  Updated periodically.

lb.JPG

Good luck guys!!  I'll try to update at least once a day but please feel free to post updates in the meantime.

Track and car didnt come with the game did they? Or is this a dream pack add on? I think I only have pack 1. 

If its mod add ons a link would be very much appreciated.  Been away from AC for a while now. 

5 hours ago, Piotr said:

Oh boy... I have no recollection of driving this track. I need to stop drinking...  

Or drink more.........;)

45 minutes ago, Weaponz248 said:

Track and car didnt come with the game did they? Or is this a dream pack add on? I think I only have pack 1. 

If its mod add ons a link would be very much appreciated.  Been away from AC for a while now. 

Car and track are free addons to AC load up and update and they'll be right there.

Nice one Weapon, remember if you see someone on the list that isn't your steam friend then add them on. The scoreboard will be more consistent then. I don't know who this Cobra fellow is but I'm pretty sure he wasn't drunk when he set that lap. I have sent him a friend request but I think I would like to set a rule that if you don't post in this thread then the time doesn't count for this challenge. Does that sound fair to everyone?

6 minutes ago, Bokononist said:

Nice one Weapon, remember if you see someone on the list that isn't your steam friend then add them on. The scoreboard will be more consistent then. I don't know who this Cobra fellow is but I'm pretty sure he wasn't drunk when he set that lap. I have sent him a friend request but I think I would like to set a rule that if you don't post in this thread then the time doesn't count for this challenge. Does that sound fair to everyone?

I think that's fair. Honestly cobra could be a friend of Darren's how doesn't frequent the forums. I didn't see him in the steam group.  I did add piotr. I figure I will add as people post times and I'm not on them. 

Kinda wish you could set up a hot lap league so only the times of people in the league posted.

You can reset your friends app in AC so you start from scratch, but nevermind, 4.18 is a solid target. Nail those apexes and the time will come.

LB updated.  Nice times guys!  Cobra used to post times for some of our other challenges, but he's never been active here.  Certainly not a 'regular' or a particular friend of mine.

Good lap Wheely, I got your friend request yesterday. You'll have to try and join us for on of our Sunday events.

I am away for the weekend now. I will try to retaliate on Monday

2 hours ago, Bokononist said:

Good lap Wheely, I got your friend request yesterday. You'll have to try and join us for on of our Sunday events.

I am away for the weekend now. I will try to retaliate on Monday

I am racing with you on Sundays, atleast for now and then....

My Steam account is kinda old, and I have change my nickname;D

6 hours ago, Niissee said:

Haha so it's you! That explains that 4:16 and some laptimes I noticed in Friends app in other car/track combinations. I wondered who Wheely.ac is :thumbsup:

22 hours ago, Niissee said:

Awesome, confusing as hell but nice to meet you. I am Bokononist or Bokonon most places on the net it saves me confusion about who I am :screwy:

Added everyone and did some laps, highest was a 4:24.786. The track was a ton of fun although the Mustang has a 'clutch kicker' which works but tbh isn't as fun as heel-toeing. Whose idea was it anyway to lock in the TC and ABS :P ?

My lap time

This challenge has now closed.  Final leaderboard posted.  Thanks to all who posted times.

Contrats Niisee!  Stunning performance as always. :thumbsup:

How about you choose the next combo? :)

45 minutes ago, Niissee said:

Thanks Darren:cool:

What do you say about Nissan GT3 at Barcelona GP?

Sounds perfect.  I'll open the challenge tomorrow AM (Weds)

Well done, Niissee:thumbsup::thumbsup:!

I made it on podium!:yep: That's nice tribute to new Mustang. I really like the car. I test drove it last year and really thought about ordering one. Then I drove little Alfa 4C and I wanted that one even more. But then the reasonable part of Piotr kicked in and I decided to keep that money in retirement piggy bank, while enjoying the both in Assetto Corsa :neaner:

Looking forward to Nismo beast at Barcelona. I would prefer the version of no Sector 3 chicane, but it's Niissee's call so I respect it. My dentist looks forward lto reinstall my tooth fillings after I spend the week jumping those kerbs he he