Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gongo2k1

Audi Sport TT Cup 2015

6 posts in this topic

I only barely tried out R3E over the weekend but I was pretty impressed with its FFB and the ability to customize clutch bite point, pedal zones, etc. I've been hesitant at first since the Steam reviews are terrible and people tend to generally be very negative about the pricing scheme. Honestly, I'm not sure what all the hubbub is about since the pricing seems much more fair than other F2P/microtransaction games out there. I spent $27 and got the ADAC 2014 GT Masters Experience, WTCC 2015 Pack, American Track Pack, and a single livery for the Audi Sport TT Cup 2015 (didn't see much point in spending the extra $2 for all the liveries since there are really only 4 schemes with a few minor variations on each).

Aside from Portimao and Lakeview Hill Climb, the free content sucks in every way possible. I kinda wish they had included the Audi Sport TT as the only free car as it's *that* much better than all of the free cars combined. I like that you can take each car for a brief test drive before deciding to purchase since it gives you a good feel for the car and whether or not you'll like it (initially, anyway... all bets are off after a few hundred laps, right?).

I initially tried it out in H-pattern manual mode since that's how I prefer to drive, but the Audi Sport TT Cup car is not a manual in real life so I switched to paddles after a few laps. I have to say, the built-in engine/trans over-rev protection is pretty aggressive, but once you learn to drive the car how it likes, it doesn't intrude too much. It also gives a helpful "Casio digital watch" beep when it rejects a shift and keeps you in the previous gear like it should (instead of silently dumping you into neutral with no warning... Automobilista, that means you!). Just for fun I tried it in full automatic mode as well and the transmission generally keeps the revs in the right range. It's serviceable for a leisurely drive up a hill climb stage, but it's not quite aggressive enough for my taste on the track.

This car includes a 10-second "push-to-pass" temporary boost feature. It's great to have this feature and makes for some strategic thinking on the track since the racing is always close. The force feedback is *excellent* on this car and I love that wheel hop and tire slip comes through in an accurate and intuitive way. I'm still not super dialed-in on the brakes on this car, but I'm sure it would be a riot with some Fanatec pedals and an AccuForce wheel. My G25 does well enough for the moment and with the GTEYE brake spring I can more or less feel when I'm braking too hard. The cockpit is nicely detailed and the exterior styling makes great use of the LED headlight accents. The audio is great with a very informative mix of squeaks, rattles, pops, bangs, and scrub... and the transmission whine isn't overly annoying.

Overall, I really enjoy this car and I think it's done a great job of selling me on R3E. To give some perspective, I was originally planning on getting a car from the DTM 1992 pack, but I liked the TT so much that I got this instead. Between the close racing and the Crew Chief v4 Spotter calling out gap times and positions, the Audi Sport TT Cup 2015 is a very engrossing and compelling car to race on any track. A full field consists of 24 cars and it looks and sounds awesome.

20160412010410_1.jpg

20160412010455_1.jpg

20160412010024_1.jpg

Fully agree with you. This car is soo much fun and the fields get so tight, especially with the PTP feature.

They are not powerful enough to pull away on brute force, but you really need to hone your driving skills and be smooth, keeping the momentum going and have a strategy for when to pass/defend with those extra squirts of power.

I have done many online races, bumper to bumper with 4-5 cars until the finish line. Never say FWD is not fun.

It also helps that they got feedback from real drivers in the series too (pay attention ISI, this is what rFactor 2 needs): 

Yes that's a nice talanted Swedish girl, I met her once on one of the local race tracks a few years ago. She was running Clio cup back then.

She is Max Verstappens girlfriend, I wonder If they talk alot racing :D

Hope to see her new ride in ADAC 2016 for R3E.

https://www.instagram.com/mikaelaakottulinsky/?hl=sv

I know some people think the new R8 is too understated, but I really like it.

Here's a little video of a practice session around Sachsenring: