Sign in to follow this  
Pumbaa666

75% off ADAC GT Masters Experience 2014

F19_CoNa   

Great pack at that price :thumbsup:.

it possbly indicates that the ADAC 2015 is soon to be released

gongo2k1   

I just tried out R3E last night for the first time and I like the feel and sound and how tuneable the FFB is. I noticed that the 2013 pack is greatly discounted if you buy it with the 2014, but is there any point to getting both? It looks like it's the same tracks and cars, just a few more liveries.

Oqvist   

There is a new car in 2014 otherwise it´s just if one pack get physics update and the old is abandoned. Often it´s cheaper to buy individual cars and not packs also if you don´t care to much about liveries. To buy tracks through packs is generally a good strategy.

gongo2k1   

Thanks for the advice, I think I'll try out a few of the cars from the pack first before I decide to buy anything. Automobilista fills all of my open wheel and single make racing needs but it lacks anything resembling a full field for GT3. I've tried to get into rFactor 2 for GT3 but it just doesn't feel right, so that's the main attraction to R3E for me right now. If Assetto Corsa goes on sale with all the DLC for a decent price, I'll pick it up, but for now the R3E ADAC Masters pack looks like it'll scratch the itch for me if the handling is to my liking.

Oqvist   

Yeah really hope automobilista get some GTs they have the best car feel of all only AC get close IMO.

gongo2k1   

I tried out a couple cars from the ADAC 2014 pack and I like the sound and feel of the cars. It booted me a couple times though because it lost internet connection. There's a lot of construction going on just across the street from me and probably will continue over the next month or so, does R3E really require a 100% constant internet connection at all times? My connection doesn't flake out too much, but it's still annoying to have a session interrupted just because of a slight flutter in my wifi. Otherwise, I'm liking R3E, especially with the Crew Chief v4 addon.

Oqvist   

Just dusted off my adac masters 2014 career. Only did two races in the championship before oschersleben and Zandvoort. I don´t know if it´s something with the adaptive AI but it was at least 7 seconds slower with me dowing modest 25.0s at best learning Lausitzring. Would be really booring if it was not for me doing my first race with crew chief. I really need this in rFactor 2 as well timing was spot on.

However next race I started to recognize the AI again at Redbullring. AI doing 31.5s in practise doing the over and unders and have to drive 105 % just to keep up :). I don´t know if my weight punishment from previous race is applied in practise? 

Noticed you still cannot change starting fuel in adac masters 2014. refueling don´t work at all in any car I think maybe it´s scripted in the experience races? I did a 8 minute single player race and ran out of fuel a lap before.

gongo2k1   

Seems like the refuel stuff might just be a DTM Experience 2015 feature? I haven't really touched the ADAC GT 2014 Experience mode and I don't own any of the DTM stuff so I don't know.

gongo2k1   

I finally got around to playing with the ADAC GT 2014 pack (I've been having too much fun with the WTCC 2015 pack, lol). I put in some quality seat time at Mid Ohio in the Corvette and really enjoyed it! I have to leave the traction control on at 30% or I spin too much (even then I spin a lot, need to be more progressive on the throttle) but the FFB and sounds are amazing. Running a full GT3 field was what brought me over to R3E in the first place and the ADAC GT 2014 pack delivers in every way. Mid Ohio is a tricky track but I think it really suits these cars. The McLaren is fun too, and I have yet to try out the Z4 or the SLS. I'm not interested in the Camaro, but who knows, it might surprise me. I'm leaving the R8 to last because I just *know* I'll fall in love with it and never drive anything else again, haha.

20160415201122_1.jpg

20160415201256_1.jpg

20160415201350_1.jpg

20160415201508_1.jpg

20160415201618_1.jpg

gongo2k1   

Here's a video from a practice session today at Mid Ohio (still playing with audio mixing and learning editing, hence the music):